Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:55:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever  (Read 270080 times)
Izalcomax

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:15:29 PM

unfortunately i have to sell my btc whenever i need them
because in my country, any transactions using it was banned
it is said that against the law..
So the answer is cant use it since it is banned in my country ( for transaction )
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hirameki

Activity: 176
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 02:16:36 PM

It may be bad for you if you'd never sell it? I mean why woulld you keep it? For now you just have to  go buy and selling it to gain profit, to earn more than what you put in there, hmm maybe you should never sell them all maybe a day will come where bitcoin will be so extinct and you maybe the only one to have it.

gabbiee

Activity: 167
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:13:12 PM

I won't say never, but holding instead of panic selling is advised. I remember i did some panic selling in the past.
But after the last dip i know it's better to buy more instead of selling.
You're right, there will be a time that we will need money and the last choice we have is to sell our coins. I guess that in inevitable. But selling just because the price is going down isn't reasonable, because you know that what you're holding has far more potential and if you're going to sell it you'll lose profit. But as long as there is a reasonable reason why you're selling your coin it will always be your choice.

Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:34:43 PM

ROFL... this is funny. If you never sell your coins, then how you are going to profit out of them? If your Bitcoin investment is at a profit, then it is only natural to do some amount of profit booking. There is nothing abnormal in booking profit.
goku1525

Activity: 420
Merit: 50

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:40:34 PM

I won't say never, but holding instead of panic selling is advised. I remember i did some panic selling in the past.
You're right, there will be a time that we will need money and the last choice we have is to sell our coins. I guess that in inevitable. But selling just because the price is going down isn't reasonable, because you know that what you're holding has far more potential and if you're going to sell it you'll lose profit. But as long as there is a reasonable reason why you're selling your coin it will always be your choice.
The reason why people not to sell their bitcoins because the prices is on dumps. The best way in order to gain huge money is to keep holding and wait the best time to sell your bitcoins. If the time will come ,and the prices is pumps well thats the good way to sell those bitcoins.
jhamz03

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:30:47 AM

Because acquiring bitcoin is not that easy and we can not earn it all the time, so for me holding bitcoin is important on the off chance that bitcoin will increase its price in the future so we can acquire big profit. So therefore we should push ourselves to make this happen. We shouldn't sell it for minimal profit.
Konco126

Activity: 295
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:45:07 AM

I think it all depends on how we are. If we intend to invest, sell this bitcoin at a time when prices rise high and buy it when the price is low. Many investors lose because they are impatient and don't believe in soaring bitcoin prices. The point is if you want to profit, you have to sell the bitcoin owned at the time the price drops.
Pejoh Asu

Activity: 1484
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:12:00 AM

I never sell bitcoin because the price is still cheap, I'll sell bitcoin when the price has reached $ 50k and I'm sure before this year ends it will be achieved, this is a good time to buy because we will get a big profit someday.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Trela
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 02:00:29 AM

The reason why people not to sell their bitcoins because the prices is on dumps. The best way in order to gain huge money is to keep holding and wait the best time to sell your bitcoins. If the time will come ,and the prices is pumps well thats the good way to sell those bitcoins.
The price of Bitcoin are recovering after dropped to $6,000. I predict the price of Bitcoin will recover to $12,000 and need to test many times + resistance price before decide to continue its bearish trend or bounce and changes the trending to open new cycle.

██
           ████ ▄▄▄
          ██  ▄██▄█
         ██ ▄█▀██
        ██▄█▀   ██
       ███▀      ██
     ▄██         ██
   ▄█
██            ██
█▀████    ▄▄▄      ███
▀▀▀██     █▄█▄     ████
  ██        ▀▀██▄▄  ████
 ███████████████▀▀███████
                   █▄█
Protect Your Privacy With Decentralized Internet Protocol
50 Million
Global Users
!     ▐█████▄
     ███████▌
    ▐███████
 ███
████████████▄▄▄
▐██
█████████████████▄
███
██████████████████
 ▀
████████▀▀▀████████
 ▐███████    ████████
 ████████    ███████▀
█████████▄▄████████▀
██████████████████▀
 ██████████████▀▀
  ▀▀███████▀▀▀
LISTED ON               
bithum &
bithum Global
maydna

Activity: 2926
Merit: 556

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 02:10:31 AM

The price of Bitcoin are recovering after dropped to $6,000. I predict the price of Bitcoin will recover to $12,000 and need to test many times + resistance price before decide to continue its bearish trend or bounce and changes the trending to open new cycle.

and soon after the price test to make a new price level, bitcoin will increase higher. the price still needs to stay at the $12k level price and if the price could stay for a long time, then I think the price could increase more than $15k. but I am glad to see that bitcoin price is trying to reach new price again although it seems it's too difficult to increase but the trends now show the uptrends.
Tukang Becak

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 02:56:03 AM

When bitcoin prices drop some time ago of course to make a lot of people panic and they sell bitcoin cheaply, but now the price has reached $ 11k and seems to be going up, this certainly makes a lot of people regret and I recommend to buy now because the price will continue to rise.
werpak321

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:33:44 AM

Reading the responses to the recent topic titled, "I would sell all my bitcoins if…." has left me concerned.

The kinds of responses on that thread reveal a deep misunderstanding of bitcoin and the current monetary system in many of those who are speculating. Let's consider the scenario in which bitcoin reaches $1000 or let's say $10,000 per bitcoin. Many have said they will cash out if bitcoin reaches this point. Why??

If bitcoin reaches $10,000 it will have to be because the fiat currencies of the world are tumbling to worthlessness via a hyperinflation type scenario and bitcoin is the safe haven, which if you know anything about the current monetary systems of the world, you know this is inevitable. (there have been 3800 fiat currencies throughout history and EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE has crashed to worthlessness; a value of zero) Why would you then sell all of your sound money (Bitcoin) for a bunch of fiat money that is inevitably becoming worthless? I don't understand the logic in doing that.

If bitcoin ever reaches $10,000 per bitcoin, you will NEVER see me selling for fiat paper money. You may however see me having a shopping spree at Overstock.com or TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com! I will be buying things I want with my bitcoin profits DIRECTLY WITH BITCOIN, not selling my bitcoin for paper fiat. Hopefully by then there will be many more options, perhaps even Amazon.com will be accepting bitcoin for goods and I can have my shopping spree there.

Point being, selling bitcoin for dollars seems counterproductive. Why convert your paper fiat currency into sound value storing superior bitcoin, only to sell all of your superior bitcoin back for worthless antiquated fiat currency again? Why not just spend the bitcoin itself to buy what you want instead of taking a loss by converting back into dollars which will inflate away eventually anyway?
For me if I have one bitcoin I don't have any plan to sell it so soon because  I gonna kept it for my better future of living
izzabel

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:10:25 AM

Reading the responses to the recent topic titled, "I would sell all my bitcoins if…." has left me concerned.

The kinds of responses on that thread reveal a deep misunderstanding of bitcoin and the current monetary system in many of those who are speculating. Let's consider the scenario in which bitcoin reaches $1000 or let's say $10,000 per bitcoin. Many have said they will cash out if bitcoin reaches this point. Why??

If bitcoin reaches $10,000 it will have to be because the fiat currencies of the world are tumbling to worthlessness via a hyperinflation type scenario and bitcoin is the safe haven, which if you know anything about the current monetary systems of the world, you know this is inevitable. (there have been 3800 fiat currencies throughout history and EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE has crashed to worthlessness; a value of zero) Why would you then sell all of your sound money (Bitcoin) for a bunch of fiat money that is inevitably becoming worthless? I don't understand the logic in doing that.

If bitcoin ever reaches $10,000 per bitcoin, you will NEVER see me selling for fiat paper money. You may however see me having a shopping spree at Overstock.com or TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com! I will be buying things I want with my bitcoin profits DIRECTLY WITH BITCOIN, not selling my bitcoin for paper fiat. Hopefully by then there will be many more options, perhaps even Amazon.com will be accepting bitcoin for goods and I can have my shopping spree there.

Point being, selling bitcoin for dollars seems counterproductive. Why convert your paper fiat currency into sound value storing superior bitcoin, only to sell all of your superior bitcoin back for worthless antiquated fiat currency again? Why not just spend the bitcoin itself to buy what you want instead of taking a loss by converting back into dollars which will inflate away eventually anyway?
We do not sell our bitcoin ever because who knows someday our bitcoin price is so high,we sgmhould enjoy first before we sell think twice and wisely
laevatein906

Activity: 213

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:50:50 AM

You're going to have to convert to fiat if you can't pay or buy anything yet with bitcoins. Some people have no choice but to exchange because they got bills to pay and they need to buy day to day things with it. This is for the most part for people who got bitcoin as their only income.
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:39:53 AM

You're going to have to convert to fiat if you can't pay or buy anything yet with bitcoins. Some people have no choice but to exchange because they got bills to pay and they need to buy day to day things with it. This is for the most part for people who got bitcoin as their only income.
In my country bitcoin is not yet widely accepted therefore I have no choice but convert it to our currency to be able to spend.
But, I still have a lot of cryptocurrencies in my wallet and I will only spend when necessary as I believe the value will grow overtime if I will just keep it.
Semosuchi Tesongrato

Activity: 546
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 01:07:55 PM

Well, "never" seems to me a litto too much... what do you whant to do with your bitcoin, if you don't spend them? :-)
But, of course, there are good chances that bitcoin will rise again, so it's better to hold.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
Magister Magus

Activity: 328
Merit: 39

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:42:13 PM

It depends: if you are not a trader and you just bought some cryptocurrencies just to make an investment, actually it's better to hold, over all if you don't have any background in trading; but if you are a day trader, of course you have to sell and to buy all the time, just to profit of daily fluctuations.
(and with a so high volatility, you really have the opportunity to make big profits.
And big losses, of course!

▂▂▃▅▇ EVO - THE WORLD OF SELF-DEVELOPMENT ▇▅▃▂▂
MEDIUM    ●  LINKEDIN  ●TELEGRAM ◄  Blockchain platform for assessing and developing human skills  ▶ TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK  ●
WHITEPAPER
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:00:00 PM

I do not want to regret after a few years, or my grandparents, why do not my grandparents buy Bitcoin and sell it to people who have not inherited us. Although I have reached the summit point for Shan Bitcoin, I believe it will be deeper and deeper in coming years, and I translate all the extra income from the elite into bitcoin from the smallest. Do not forget to buy only sells money, hodl is rich.
Brunusmagnus

Activity: 158
Merit: 11

Omnity - Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:06:10 AM

What a draconian statement! :-)
Of course, if you believe that their value will grow, it better to hold than to sell.
But if you "never" sell them, when could you enjoy the result of your investments?
Be serious! Smiley

ElitistCA

Activity: 477
Merit: 250

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:55:55 PM

I do not want to regret after a few years, or my grandparents, why do not my grandparents buy Bitcoin and sell it to people who have not inherited us. Although I have reached the summit point for Shan Bitcoin, I believe it will be deeper and deeper in coming years, and I translate all the extra income from the elite into bitcoin from the smallest. Do not forget to buy only sells money, hodl is rich.
HODL is rich, haha. These words really look like as an ideal for the speculator. HODL is rich , these words isn't wrong when you buy Bitcoin at the bottom price in a cycle. because the Bitcoin cycle always changes when the whale want to change the Bitcoin trending. Reverse, you will lose money because you HODL at high price and sell at low price  when you can't continue to keep your faith in the future of Bitcoin.

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: