Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:10:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dear FBI, CIA, NSA, and SEC authorities on bitcointalk.org...  (Read 9211 times)
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 04:46:17 AM

There are already government employees with ties to the agencies you listed (but not employees) on the forums and they regularly post. You'll never get a confirmation directly from a federal agent that they are a federal agent because they aren't allowed to do so. FBI agents aren't allowed to have Facebook accounts and NSA agents are required to sign an agreement to let the government tap their phone as a condition of employment and have similar restrictions.

EDIT: Sorry, I should specify you won't get a confirmation from a federal agent in a public sphere, you might get one person-to-person.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RandomQ

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 06:06:24 AM

I'm not currently in the employ of any agency listed in the title.

I cannot confirm or deny, past employment due to NDA's.

Plus also your forgetting the most crypto-involved foreign government agency in your list. "The Institute"

Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 06:19:34 AM

You never know if you are in a discussion, or some spook is profiling you!
amencon

Activity: 410

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 07:32:23 AM

I have a buddy that works for the NSA, but I think he like checks bags at the airport, I could get him to hop on here if you want.

My forum name is what my NSA sid used to be (was military but submitted reports reviewed by NSA personnel).  Had TS SCI and worked in a SCIF.  It's not that interesting and nobody should really care unless the person is a high level policy maker or can influence them and you won't hear from those people here.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 09:41:00 AM

... so we are playing spot the spook now?

I thought there were laws that public officials acting in official capacity have to make themselves known when asked ... or is it just a crypto-police state, not a real one?

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 02:50:14 PM

Anyone currently holding a clearance cannot, or are strongly advised against revealing such in a public forum. Many will list it on their resume but they are told they should not do so.

Having a clearance means that you get to do what other companies have outsourced but get paid like people did before their jobs were outsourced.

As for what those agencies would likely be doing as far as Bitcoins go...they would likely be paying more attention to the actual code and checking for flaws or ways to use it to track what they need to track.

There was another thread which posted a job listing down here at MacDill AFB which was seeking an analyst with some financial background as well as knowledge of Bitcoin and Second Life currency. It also wanted someone who spoke some Arab language. This means that they would like to see how those in the middle east are moving money around. Or maybe they have already determined it and need to track it.

I do not work directly for any of the agencies you listed.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 03:36:03 PM

In the unlikely event that an employee of one of these agencies decided it was time to stop lurking, register, and post in this thread, they wouldn't be able to until after they got out of the newbie area.

If you are really serious, you'll want to move this thread to the newbie forum.

kentrolla

Activity: 1554
Merit: 565

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 03:53:17 PM

I'm a janitor at CIA Langley. ask me anything.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 03:54:38 PM

Does the CIA use charmin or scotts tp?

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 04:04:39 PM

This thread is useless, they'll be stuck in the newbe section anyway

kentrolla

Activity: 1554
Merit: 565

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 04:06:05 PM

Does the CIA use charmin or scotts tp?
that's confidential

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
jimbobway (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 04:21:32 PM

I have a buddy that works for the NSA, but I think he like checks bags at the airport, I could get him to hop on here if you want.

My forum name is what my NSA sid used to be (was military but submitted reports reviewed by NSA personnel).  Had TS SCI and worked in a SCIF.  It's not that interesting and nobody should really care unless the person is a high level policy maker or can influence them and you won't hear from those people here.

What did you do with your TS SCI?  What is SCIF?  Feel free to explain the acronyms.  TS SCI = Top Secret SCI???
wksantiago

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 04:28:10 PM

List of U.S. security clearance terms
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._security_clearance_terms#Security_levels

If my posts has been helpful, thank me here:
BTC: bc1qp0xtvck64qhvg6man0fjgy2jl3l6vwkctngjc4
Bitrated user: wksantiago.
(PGP Fingerprint: 2199 0685 3d0f 29eb f0aa 40a5 1cd9 d426 66ae a802)
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 04:51:34 PM

I thought there were laws that public officials acting in official capacity have to make themselves known when asked ... or is it just a crypto-police state, not a real one?

Confirmed.  This is why you always ask the guy selling you drugs if he is a cop three times, like in the movies.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
amencon

Activity: 410

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 05:25:02 PM

What did you do with your TS SCI?  What is SCIF?  Feel free to explain the acronyms.  TS SCI = Top Secret SCI???

A SCIF is a "Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility", in my case it was an underground compound where military intelligence of all branches went to work alongside contractors.

TS = Top Secret

SCI = Secret Compartmented Information - Been awhile but basically I remember this being explained as an access control system where the information is compartmentalized so that fewer people have access to the big picture.  That way likely multiple sources would need to be compromised to get a full top down view of the project or whatever.

Here is a declassified description of my job title and duties: http://usmilitary.about.com/od/airforceenlistedjobs/a/afjob1n2x1.htm

I will say this... it wasn't as exciting as it sounded when I enlisted by a long shot.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 05:37:17 PM

I was just wondering if you guys could register here at bitcoin and introduce yourselves and tell us why you are here.  No need to lurk.  We have a strong feeling you are reading these forums.

Moderators, please leave this thread up for a day or two.  I just want to see if this thread gets any bites.

Hello, you are correct. We are reading these forums, and many of us have already been registered for quite some time. Many of us are here just to play around with some BTC personally, and a few to monitor the situation. Just kidding, the U.S gov anyway has very little interest in Bitcoins or your play money scams. The people who are saying OH NO! The $10,000 drug market is going to ruin BTC! Eh, no. Why chase people back and forth and waste the energy and resources, when we could just sit at the U.S boarders, and snag over $60 Million in drugs per day? I will say, a lot of Gov employees use Bitcoins, not to launder or anything, just because a large majority of them are techy, and bitcoins are interesting and useful for techy stuff.

Not entirely kidding,

SaltySpitoon
CJGoodings

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 05:39:38 PM

The agency wont care about bitcoin until it becomes large enough to laundry all their cocaine income.

They dont call it the Cocaine Import Agency for nothing.
BlackHeartFund

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 05:42:26 PM

NSA agents are required to sign an agreement to let the government tap their phone as a condition of employment

haha, poor guys. Unlike the rest of us who could never be wiretapped without a warrent...  Roll Eyes
stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 05:44:48 PM

More fun when you make a game of it.

The Game.  You lose.  Grin

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
FactoredPrimes

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 07:12:31 PM

The idea that an officer or other public official must identify themself if asked is a myth propagated by undercover cops.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: