Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:38:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beginners guide to trading BTC?  (Read 3812 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 02:25:15 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2021, 10:04:54 PM by Abiky

Is there a beginners guide to trading BTC? I want to know a good strategy I could use to successfully trade BTC and alt coins without losing profit (if it's possible).

Below is a list of coins that I currently hold:

<censored>

I want to become a successful trader. I'll appreciate if you could give me any hints or tips. Thank You.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 12:57:44 AM

Any suggestions, please?  Huh

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2015, 01:15:08 AM

I've made some of my biggest gains and losses trading altcoins. It really is a gamble. A lot of them are pumps and dumps and the devs and early miners will dump soon after the new alt is listed on exchanges. Be careful.

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 01:27:07 AM

I've made some of my biggest gains and losses trading altcoins. It really is a gamble. A lot of them are pumps and dumps and the devs and early miners will dump soon after the new alt is listed on exchanges. Be careful.

Great! Thanks for the advice.  Wink

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:00:46 AM
Last edit: July 21, 2015, 01:09:00 PM by Amph

look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk9fep8niYw

i'm inclined to think that the best strategy for altcoin, is to buy those that are really cheap, because you can buy a greater amount without spending too much, which will make you investments less risky

or you can follow a group that pump altcoin, like fair pump
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:51:15 AM

It's really risky and hard to trade in altcoins or bitcoins, they are all extremely volatile and long term is impossible to predict their prices, to be able to trade successfully you will have to spend a lot of time, and i mean A LOT, watching the coins you want to trade with, watching the charts every minute, hour, you cant just check it once per day, you have to benefit from any little change. You should only start trading if you can afford the losses which are going to probably happen at first.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Windpower

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:57:16 AM

Bitcin and altcoins trading is risky. I suggest you to hold the best altcoins and dump the bad coins after you do your own recearch. When the price is up, you sell them. When price is down, you buy it.
QQ88

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 07:34:37 AM

If you are a newbie in coins trading, I suggest you only focus on one or two promising coins!Otherwise you will be messed around!
everaja

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

~ScapeGoat~

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 07:42:45 AM

Any suggestions, please?  Huh

I am not much familiar with Altcoin Trading but i can give you a profitable suggestion that is currently operating , i think you should buy yovi coins (https://yobit.net/en/trade/YOVI/BTC) it is special type of altcoin , i hold no lust in your share , i am saying because i also hold some ~400 yovi coins and its price is hiking from last 5 hours , there is also an announcement from its Devs that they gonna pump the coin this week , so will suggest you to buy some of them .

I take no gurantee of your Loss , but if there is profit you can remember me !  Wink

MyBTT

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:00:14 AM

I am not much familiar with Altcoin Trading but i can give you a profitable suggestion that is currently operating , i think you should buy yovi coins (https://yobit.net/en/trade/YOVI/BTC) it is special type of altcoin , i hold no lust in your share , i am saying because i also hold some ~400 yovi coins and its price is hiking from last 5 hours , there is also an announcement from its Devs that they gonna pump the coin this week , so will suggest you to buy some of them .

I take no gurantee of your Loss , but if there is profit you can remember me !  Wink
I have no idea what that coins is about! But from his saying, I know the coin is just pump and dump for big profit! It is risky to buy it when the price is insanely high!

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:26:28 AM

I take no gurantee of your Loss , but if there is profit you can remember me !  Wink

your suggestion isn't good, there are no buyers for that coins, it look like a complete dead coins, basically you're advicing him to get scammed

OP stick with known coins like litecoin(better to not get involved now, because of the recent big dump, there won't be another pump anytime soon), doge and dash, you can try monero but it seems stuck in a limbo
everaja

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

~ScapeGoat~

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:40:14 AM

--Snip--

your suggestion isn't good, there are no buyers for that coins, it look like a complete dead coins, basically you're advicing him to get scammed

OP stick with known coins like litecoin(better to not get involved now, because of the recent big dump, there won't be another pump anytime soon), doge and dash, you can try monero but it seems stuck in a limbo

Amph you blindly commented and denied the Facts !
see the screenshots the Market cap is rising and the shares are being bought and i bet if you want ..lets go deal with me and you before you said that i am wrong ..i bet Yovi gonna hike in price from the time i comment this Post , if i loose i will pay you or vice versa ..
See , i never forced the OP to select the coins , i already mentioned that i am not much familiar with Trading so what i do is very thoughtful.

Anyways you replied to my comment as i was Jerking on the OP to get him a dead coin..
do ypu know what is A DEAD coin??
i dont see yovi as dead and for another 1 week it is not going to be dead , i bet.

Screenshot of YOVI appreciating its value:

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 12:20:51 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2015, 01:56:56 PM by Amph

pls, man looks at the volume of those buy orders, is ridiculous, it's like sellers are buyng their coins on purpose to start a panic buy, i have seen this pattern many times on the good old scam days in the altcoin section, like with pandacoin, leaf, USDE, noblecoin ecc...
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 12:48:16 PM

Thanks for your replies! I think I'm going to buy more coins and hold them until the price goes up (hopefully) I know there are a lot a alt coins as well as there are a lot of scamcoins, but I'm going to carefully study the charts and hope to get lucky. I might as well lose profit if the coin's price goes down. Anyways, I'm going to try this and see how this works.

Quote from: Amph
look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk9fep8niYw

i inclined to think that the best strategy for altcoin, is to buy those that are really cheap, because you can buy a greater amount without spending too much, which will make you investments less risky

or you can follow a group that pump altcoin, like fair pump

Thanks for the video! I'll be watching it soon.  Wink

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 01:27:23 PM

pls, man looks at the volume of those buy orders, is ridiculous, it's like sellers are buyng their coins on purpose to start a panic buy, i have seen this pattern many time on the gold old scam day in the altcoin section, like with pandacoin, leaf, USDE, noblecoin ecc...

Yep, investing in new altcoins is never a good idea even if it looks good at first it can turn out scam if it had pre-mine. OP is asking for trading guides not investing guides anyways, if he wants to trade he should only do it with ''stable'' altcoins or bitcoins.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 01:31:40 PM

pls, man looks at the volume of those buy orders, is ridiculous, it's like sellers are buyng their coins on purpose to start a panic buy, i have seen this pattern many time on the gold old scam day in the altcoin section, like with pandacoin, leaf, USDE, noblecoin ecc...

Yep, investing in new altcoins is never a good idea even if it looks good at first it can turn out scam if it had pre-mine. OP is asking for trading guides not investing guides anyways, if he wants to trade he should only do it with ''stable'' altcoins or bitcoins.

Yes that's exactly what I'm going to do. I'm going to stick out with the stable coins. Bitcoins and Litecoins are a keeper for me.  Wink

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 03:54:19 PM

Yovi, arfkm?  Grin that may be the worst coin you could buy right now, do your own research as to why I would say that.
My advice is sell it all and don't bother with it. Alts a year ago were a great way to make btc, now the chances of gaining are so outweighed by losing it's not worth it. As for btc trading, volatility is just not there unless you are trading huge amounts on margin, but you better know wtf you are doing.
MadAlpha

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 09:42:03 AM

You can still make money in altcoin trading.

A lot of the price movement on the altcoin market is based on pump & dump. Buy the coins when it is quiet with low volume, sell when there is a spike in price and volume.

Will do small programming tasks cheaply in exchange for BTC. Check out my thread or PM me!
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 12:09:39 PM

A lot of the price movement on the altcoin market is based on pump & dump. Buy the coins when it is quiet with low volume, sell when there is a spike in price and volume.

Thanks for your advice. This is going to be my daily routine....so I'm going buy lots of different alt coins and wait until there's a spike in price. I have to be careful with this since there had been a lot of scamcoins around recently. I'm just going to stick with the coins that have a good community and development.  Cheesy

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 04:32:05 PM

Yes this should work but for this you need nerves of steel and a lot of patience. Sometimes, when you get in, there is no movement for weeks, even months. Look at the XCP lately.

To the OP, trading is really tricky mate. Crypto is unpredictable and there are no rules at all. Half of the time when you hit a trade it's just a pure luck.This is from my experience trading.
Best of luck!
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: