Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:00:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I verify Electrum download?  (Read 1306 times)
25hashcoin (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 10:49:57 PM

The Electrum site used to link to the checksums. The electrum-ltc.org site has a link to checksums next to the download.

I was using this to verify my downloads. Is this even the correct method?

Anyway, the checksums are nowhere to be found on the current Eelctrum website. How to I go about verifying the download? Something with the gpg key I am guessing? Not sure how to do that though.

I'm on Linux. Thanks for any assistance with the matter.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2015, 09:00:34 AM

For verifying Electrum Bitcoin wallet, you need Animazing's PGP public key for executables and ThomasV's PGP public key for sources. See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1094700.0.

Edit:

The Electrum site used to link to the checksums. The electrum-ltc.org site has a link to checksums next to the download.

Yes.

Anyway, the checksums are nowhere to be found on the current Eelctrum website. How to I go about verifying the download? Something with the gpg key I am guessing? Not sure how to do that though.

Electrum Bitcoin wallet executables/sources are PGP signed. You can download signatures from download page.

I think you are mistaken in one thing, i.e. Electrum Litecoin wallet is not developed by the same developer of Electrum Bitcoin wallet.

25hashcoin (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 09:29:04 PM

For verifying Electrum Bitcoin wallet, you need Animazing's PGP public key for executables and ThomasV's PGP public key for sources. See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1094700.0.

Edit:

Yes.

Electrum Bitcoin wallet executables/sources are PGP signed. You can download signatures from download page.

I think you are mistaken in one thing, i.e. Electrum Litecoin wallet is not developed by the same developer of Electrum Bitcoin wallet.

Okay, I did not know they were different developers. Also, the Electrum BTC website used to have the checksums as I mentioned. I even checked the site on internet archive to confirm. This is how I have verified Electrum every time before. Not sure when/why it was changed.

Thanks for the clarification. Will figure out how to go from here.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2015, 11:44:22 PM

A "how to verify Electrum" guide needs to be stickied at the top of this subforum.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: