Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:12:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is wealth boring?  (Read 7284 times)
MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:44:31 AM

If you become excessively  rich, then everything in your life becomes all about money or more precisely having a superfluity amount of it. Living in a moderate way  is probably the best way to go. Btw, Happiness is an inside job!  Wink

This!

You should think about all these lotto millionaires. They don't have a clue what to do with their wealth because they didn't earn in. They won it instead. So a huge part of these winners throw away their money as if it could not end. They simply don't have an imagination about how much they have and how fast it will be gone.

I remember that UK-guy who won 160 Million Euro. He didn't have something better to do than throwing all that money away in, i believe, a year. Then he was back at his job at mcdonalds or so.

Might be he had an interesting time but life being poor must be incredibly boring to him now.

I pray i will be able to handle my money considerably when im rich. Can't take much longer... Cheesy

The phrase "if you dont know how to earn it then you dont know how to spend it" is very true.  You are right, a LOT of lotto winners squander everything.  A lot of trust fund kids squander everything.  A lot of pro athletes squander everything.

According to Forbes & Sports Illustrated, 80% of NFL players are broke within 3 years of getting out of the league!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/leighsteinberg/2015/02/09/5-reasons-why-80-of-retired-nfl-players-go-broke/

One reason I think is a LOT of players only spend a short amount of time in the league due to injuries, and never get a multimillion dollar contract.  Secondly, a lot that do make 10's or even hundreds of millions in some cases (see Allen Iverson, Michael Vick, etc) surround themselves with the wrong people, and get used to a lifestyle that requires HUGE income.  Supporting a crew of 10, 20+ people doesnt last when your income ends, no matter how many millions you have.
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:56:52 AM

I dream of helping other people which travelling and having adventure.
with money I could do this. Now I just rent my life out for money.
Its a sad that all we ever do in our life is work to pay bills. Surely conciousness is far more valuable than paying bills. Yet it keeps the power hungry rich and in power so get TO WORK.

To peel or not to peel.
CEG5952

Activity: 658

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 12:06:43 PM

Sometimes, wealthy people aren't just satisfied and still looking for more. That's where they get bored. They got bored because they don't know what to do with all their wealth after all the trips around the world, running  huge businesses, buying all the stuff they desire. There's still something missing.

singh79

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 12:08:04 PM

BTC Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
I mean, if you have a lot of capital, the amount of existential press diminishes, right? So you are fully entitled to sit in a meadow and meditate though the rest of your life. What else would you want to do?

I would open a spiritual newage healing clinic if I wanted to do something more.
HCLivess (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 02:10:17 PM

BTC Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
I mean, if you have a lot of capital, the amount of existential press diminishes, right? So you are fully entitled to sit in a meadow and meditate though the rest of your life. What else would you want to do?

I would open a spiritual newage healing clinic if I wanted to do something more.

lol, wtf

AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 02:29:58 PM

If you become excessively  rich, then everything in your life becomes all about money or more precisely having a superfluity amount of it. Living in a moderate way  is probably the best way to go. Btw, Happiness is an inside job!  Wink

I don't think it's a problem being rich as long as you are anonymous. Living a moderate way means you probably work a job you don't like which sucks. It's better to be rich and anonymous so people don't bother you, thats my dream.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 02:38:02 PM

Paris Hilton acts like a psychopath because she's bored all the time. She has an illegal pet kinkajou and thinks cocaine is an  after dinner mint. I think many rich people act like loons because they're bored and can get away with murder.

BTW: BTC Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry  LOL

roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 04:47:34 PM

Is wealth boring? I think no...being poor is boring Cheesy
Suffering is inevitable, but it’s easier to cry in a Mercedes, rather than cry on the road. Wink
Derrike

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 06:16:50 AM

If you become excessively  rich, then everything in your life becomes all about money or more precisely having a superfluity amount of it. Living in a moderate way  is probably the best way to go. Btw, Happiness is an inside job!  Wink

I don't think it's a problem being rich as long as you are anonymous. Living a moderate way means you probably work a job you don't like which sucks. It's better to be rich and anonymous so people don't bother you, thats my dream.
yup, rich and anonymous is the dream of everyone's life.
But after acquiring riches then being anonymous is a bit difficult. Don't you think so.Huh
Harry Hood

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 07:00:28 AM

Paris Hilton acts like a psychopath because she's bored all the time. She has an illegal pet kinkajou and thinks cocaine is an  after dinner mint. I think many rich people act like loons because they're bored and can get away with murder.

BTW: BTC Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry  LOL

There might be something to this. When you can literally have anything you want there's the potential for a lot less anticipation or appreciation for achieving the things that cost money. Some people can't handle it, get bored, and get self destructive trying to entertain themselves. This could also be a case of having so much free time (from not working). Other people make seek enjoyment out of the things in life that can't be bought - charity, building relationships, influencing people (hopefully for the positive).

Maybe another way to look at whether wealth is boring is whether the person is a wealthy spender (high income, less savings, or mega wealth) or a wealthy saver (more careful spending, lots of savings). The latter may be wealthy because they don't spend much, which can be boring!

g1974ak

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 07:26:38 AM

If you become excessively  rich, then everything in your life becomes all about money or more precisely having a superfluity amount of it. Living in a moderate way  is probably the best way to go. Btw, Happiness is an inside job!  Wink

yup, rich and anonymous is the dream of everyone's life.
But after acquiring riches then being anonymous is a bit difficult. Don't you think so.Huh

That's correct. But making good things anonymously it is possible. Without that no one know this. Being anonymous and rich not only is not boring but is fun. Imagine the good things you can do anonymously and see with your eyes the happiness and the surprise of the people who had the surprise. Then maybe go to him and ask about this thing and ask how was possible this. His reaction, his gratitude, his problem resolved....
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 07:34:53 AM

I would love to have 500 bitcoin. Those will be saved in my wallet and will serve to pay the colleges of my daughters. Then to have a good retirement for me and my wife. Some of them for charity. If it will be more remaining i will think about it but maybe i will donate some to my daughters to buy a home each of which.
zeraTunerse

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 10:12:11 PM

I would love to have 500 bitcoin. Those will be saved in my wallet and will serve to pay the colleges of my daughters. Then to have a good retirement for me and my wife. Some of them for charity. If it will be more remaining i will think about it but maybe i will donate some to my daughters to buy a home each of which.

Holding 500 bitcoins is a descent amount, I think if you hold that amount than all your dreams are going to be true, even your children would be on safer side in the future and they can easily make 1000 bitcoins out of it, and even with 500 bitcoins you are gonna be a rich gentleman.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 10:19:38 PM

It is my opinion that a healthy mind would never get bored from being wealthy. The list of opportunities are endless, and you can do something
new and exciting your whole life. I guess the only way someone would get bored with it, is in the case where they are born rich , and spoiled through their
life, making them unsatisfied and unappreciative of what they have.

cheers
freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 10:32:37 PM

Wealth should allow you to do the things you'd like to do without having to sacrifice your time in an unfulfilling job in order to pay for the lifestyle.  For those that enjoy their careers, I don't think a whole lot should change.

I currently work for money rather than fulfillment and would be glad to quit and do something I enjoyed if I were to stumble upon some wealth.

The first thing I'd do is travel/backpack.
hunnaryb

Activity: 506

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 11:55:07 PM

Wealth should allow you to do the things you'd like to do without having to sacrifice your time in an unfulfilling job in order to pay for the lifestyle.  For those that enjoy their careers, I don't think a whole lot should change.

I currently work for money rather than fulfillment and would be glad to quit and do something I enjoyed if I were to stumble upon some wealth.

The first thing I'd do is travel/backpack.

Everyone needs money, everyone wants money, and i don't think that wealth can be boring any day, yes but when you are wealthy many things comes to your mind and the first thing is how can I increase my wealth or double it, it  is not boring but wealthy people are continuously involved in thinking how to take care of their wealth.

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1128

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 06:51:28 AM

Everyone needs money, everyone wants money, and i don't think that wealth can be boring any day, yes but when you are wealthy many things comes to your mind and the first thing is how can I increase my wealth or double it, it  is not boring but wealthy people are continuously involved in thinking how to take care of their wealth.
Every non rich guy include me say that wealth is everything, and thats why we always work hardly to reach it. But some of my friends who born in rich family, stated that they are bored with their wealth which they couldnt really enjoy it. But, actually it depends on our own perception.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 07:08:59 AM

Wealth itself is not exciting or boring, does not bring happiness or unhappiness.
What people do with wealth determines how much they will be fulfilled or unfulfilled with their life.
If wealth is used in a positive way, by helping others, it can bring happiness and satisfaction in life.
If used only for mindless entertainment and spending on luxury, it is clear that sooner or later such a life become empty and unfulfilled, boring.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 07:13:17 AM

Holding 500 bitcoins is a descent amount, I think if you hold that amount than all your dreams are going to be true, even your children would be on safer side in the future and they can easily make 1000 bitcoins out of it, and even with 500 bitcoins you are gonna be a rich gentleman.

I don't think so mate. My dreams are to many and 500 bitcoins are not enough to fulfill those. I want that my children lives at Hollywood and do the life needed there. I want that they have Harvard school and I have three children. I want that they can do charities in big amounts every year for the children which are in need. I want to many other things that I don't want to tell here. So you think that 500 bitcoin are enough?
g1974ak

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 07:16:53 AM

I don't think so mate. My dreams are to many and 500 bitcoins are not enough to fulfill those. I want that my children lives at Hollywood and do the life needed there. I want that they have Harvard school and I have three children. I want that they can do charities in big amounts every year for the children which are in need. I want to many other things that I don't want to tell here. So you think that 500 bitcoin are enough?

Oh you are sick people. Money are not enough and you need more than 10 000 bitcoin to fulfill all your "needs". It's good that someone dream but must dream with the feet in the ground. You must contact Donald Trump and maybe something can be done with its help. Lol.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: