Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 01:47:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-07-21] CD: Coinffeine Launches P2P Bitcoin Exchange in Over 70 Countries  (Read 583 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2015, 03:30:57 PM

Coinffeine Launches P2P Bitcoin Exchange in Over 70 Countries

Coinffeine has launched its decentralised open-sourced P2P bitcoin exchange in over 70 countries.

By integrating with Russia-based payment processor OKPay, the Spanish company has enabled bitcoin enthusiasts to purchase and sell the digital currency in countries including Russia, China, Indonesia, Brazil and the Eurozone.

http://www.coindesk.com/coinffeine-launches-p2p-bitcoin-exchange-in-over-70-countries/

http://blog.coinffeine.com/2015/07/21/coinffeine-launches-worlds-first-decentralized-bitcoin-exchange-70-countries/

Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 12:08:21 PM

I would like to know whether running of Coinffeine client helps it's network to be more decentralised or not (as in case of running Bitcoin Core with ports being forwarded to it).

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
gotoalberto

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 02:42:32 PM

I would like to know whether running of Coinffeine client helps it's network to be more decentralised or not (as in case of running Bitcoin Core with ports being forwarded to it).

Hello Rabinovitch,

You might have noticed about you don't need port mapping/forwarding to use Coinffeine.

Every P2P network require you have mapped ports in your computer in order to accept incoming connections, however there are mechanisms to help to the users with connectivity problems.
For example one of these mechanisms is the "relay node" feature. A relay node is a coinffeine user receiving connections from others peers when they cannot establish incoming connections by themselves. Thanks to this mechanism, all peers accepting incoming connections are not only working fine, they are also helping to other peers when they have connectivity problems.

At this moment Coinffeine is in Beta version and we use a very basic implementation for this mechanism so most of peers cannot be relay nodes in the network but we will improve our overlay network soon.

Regards,
yabit

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 10:03:14 AM

I will give it a try ...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: