Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:23:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Telegram now has an A.I. BOT called Julia who is your personal Bitcoin assistant.  (Read 3006 times)
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 05:32:52 PM

http://getgems.ghost.io/2015/07/21/getgems-development-update-15/

The big thing is that now Coinbase users can now link their account to Telgram and of course the Getgems wallet.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2015, 05:43:19 PM

at some point these features will catch on like wildfire....it would be great if whats app could build such a feature.

...probably they will do that at some point  Cheesy

manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 05:50:00 PM

at some point these features will catch on like wildfire....it would be great if whats app could build such a feature.

...probably they will do that at some point  Cheesy

Indeed, whatsapp is huge, once it gets inside whatsapp, BTC will go viral as hell. What they should do actually is going decentralized, so they can avoid being spied on all over the place. Whatsapp right now is one of the less secure messaging options you can have. If it ran under the blockchain the problem would be solved.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 05:52:44 PM

Not really getting how this bot works or how it's useful... What are its application? Smiley
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2015, 05:53:32 PM

Shocked

nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 05:55:17 PM

...probably they will do that at some point  Cheesy

Indeed, whatsapp is huge, once it gets inside whatsapp, BTC will go viral as hell. What they should do actually is going decentralized, so they can avoid being spied on all over the place. Whatsapp right now is one of the less secure messaging options you can have. If it ran under the blockchain the problem would be solved.

telegram is hardly a slouch, it's got like 60 millions users and is in an early growth phase, it's been less than two years since it released.
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 05:58:48 PM

Not really getting how this bot works or how it's useful... What are its application? Smiley

User friendly, the Telegram base users is 60m so  potential access to lots of people is pretty huge.

But I think the major use is Coinbase users can access their account through Telegram or a Getgems wallet.

I guess another step toward wider adoption.
RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:02:07 PM

User friendly, the Telegram base users is 60m so  potential access to lots of people is pretty huge.

But I think the major use is Coinbase users can access their account through Telegram or a Getgems wallet.

What's the best way to acquire some GetGems coin if I do not have internet on mobile ?

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:05:10 PM

Agreed. The 60 million user base of Telegram plus the users of Whatsapp is a huge audience for bitcoin. Even if 10% of those combined users, we will some dramatic surge upward, not only in price but also in adopters and users. Wink

Back to the question, what does the bot do? Huh
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:06:57 PM

Agreed. The 60 million user base of Telegram plus the users of Whatsapp is a huge audience for bitcoin. Even if 10% of those combined users, we will some dramatic surge upward, not only in price but also in adopters and users. Wink

Talk to you about Bitcoin.....The perfect woman?
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:11:26 PM

What's the best way to acquire some GetGems coin if I do not have internet on mobile ?

poloinex
dothebeats
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:14:26 PM

I hope the bot is not that lame like Siri. :v Does the bot answers complicated questions with definite and exact answers? I want to know. Cheesy
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:19:46 PM

User friendly, the Telegram base users is 60m so  potential access to lots of people is pretty huge.

I hope the bot is not that lame like Siri. :v Does the bot answers complicated questions with definite and exact answers? I want to know. Cheesy

Well it's a bot so it's gonna act like ummm a bot. So Siri like it will be....

I don't use Coinbase but I assume there aren't that many things you need for it to do anyway, send, receive, check balance, etc...it's just a nice layer of user friendliness for newbies.

You know you could in the time you typed asking about it downloaded it and actually tried it....
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:26:11 PM

Seems nice, but I definitely wouldn't want to connect any of my Bitcoin related activities to a chat app.

Is this too much privacy-paranoid?
dothebeats
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:34:42 PM

Seems nice, but I definitely wouldn't want to connect any of my Bitcoin related activities to a chat app.

Nah, you just know how to play it right. Maybe as much as possible, don't relate yourself and your address in these kind of chat service.

If it's free, then most likely you are the product.
peled1986
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 07:43:50 PM

The session with coinbase is SSL encrypted from start to end, the bot uses oauth2 implementation and guidelines on top of Telegram encrypted protocol.
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 07:44:08 PM

I see what you did there
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 07:55:43 PM

...probably they will do that at some point  Cheesy

WhatsApp is lagging so hard behind innovations wise, GetGems is like 10 years ahead, even Telegram is far far ahead, it's just that WhatsApp was early in the game and imo Bitcoin is doing poorly catching on to the mainstream, hopefully initiatives such as merging Telegram with Coinbase help more to the cause, but in a world of Bitcoin GetGems is the clear leading messenger.
coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:01:26 PM

Nah, you just know how to play it right. Maybe as much as possible, don't relate yourself and your address in these kind of chat service.

If it's free, then most likely you are the product.

I believe Telegram is open-source and anyone can download the code and compile their own version. There are desktop and commandline versions of the app too. I don't think you have to be the product.

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:34:34 PM

To get an idea http://getgems.org/julia/

Scroll down and you'll see a conversation.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: