Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:24:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Dash a better alternative to Bitcoin?  (Read 23620 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 09:17:56 AM

I read this thread and this is my question:
What if evan duffield unexpectedly dies tomorrow morning?

You will get a knock on your door by curious representatives of law enforcement interested in knowing how you acquired your clairvoyant qualities.
illodin

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 09:20:16 AM

If Dash's sugar daddy/life support system decides to move on to other investments, Dash's goose is cooked.

Seems like TrueCryptonaire was Monero's life support as when he stopped buying a month ago the price has dropped 50% so far. The last bigger fool I suppose.
illodin

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 09:23:03 AM

Now we know why our friend Ice is so grumpy:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=501865.msg8097593#msg8097593

XMR price July 2014   $3.35
XMR price today        $0.38

so sad...

But I'm sure he made a fortune on Cryptonite.

oh, wait...

Interesting. If Ice has an investing blog or newsletter I'd be interested in subscribing and always just doing exactly the opposite he's suggesting.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 09:44:07 AM

If Dash's sugar daddy/life support system decides to move on to other investments, Dash's goose is cooked.

Seems like TrueCryptonaire was Monero's life support as when he stopped buying a month ago the price has dropped 50% so far. The last bigger fool I suppose.

Just is just plain nonsense, all alts got hammered during the BTC runup. TrueCryptonaire also did more bad than good with his obnoxious expressions, and his blatant pumping (when he bought) and beartalking (when he dumped) in the speculation thread.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
BitHappy24

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 11:00:54 AM

Yup this man is right!
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 11:08:49 AM

One of the main reasons Dash is not better than bitcoin (even as an alternative)  is because most of its development does not appear to be peer reviewed by the crypto community.

It is being developed behind closed doors and thus there is a bigger chance for it to have bugs/exploits/flaws.

"Anybody who thinks they can flesh out a protocol in secret and then deploy it, full-blown and working, is in for a world of hurt."
         [Nick Szabo, 1993-8-23]

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

BagHolder010

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 01:01:47 PM

I love how these Dashtards can't stop talking about Monero, they're obviously extremely insecure.

At the same time, they don't realize the irony since their precious scamcoin DASH is down about 70% since March 2015. Keep buying/holding ROFL

Ahh what? There is always at least 5 Monero haters in every Thread about DASH including you're no good low grade developer Smooth. Funny how you got scammed by Hashfast / Icebreaker and now you're best friends trolling DASH threads including ANN Dash thread! That 5 XMR day must be tempting. Also it must be boring ur side without any developing going on I mean really 2 years and nothing...wow.

P.S. Correcting my mistake at least 5 Monero haters every page of every DASH thread.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
illodin

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 01:25:35 PM

I love how these Dashtards can't stop talking about Monero, they're obviously extremely insecure.

No, you got it the other way around.
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 05:13:19 PM

* Pls discuss if you think Dash will indeed be a better alternative to Bitcoin
* Pls discuss this with rationality and motify your response
* pls have some respect for both the cryptocurrency and its community. accusations of scam towards Dash will not be tolerated in this self-moderated topic, there are enough of those out there already !

Please be informed that specially my last request (highlighted in black) is strictly enforced in this thread, therefore there is absolutely no reason to quote persons who violate that request as their post
gets deleted anyways !

Lets keep it nice, clean and enjoyable to read.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 12:57:58 AM

TrueCryptonaire is a coin pumper. His group shils coin no matter which when they need to sell it and FUD it when they need to buy it. He will be back dont worry. For Monero and for other coins.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 01:04:53 AM

One of the main reasons Dash is not better than bitcoin (even as an alternative)  is because most of its development does not appear to be peer reviewed by the crypto community.

It is being developed behind closed doors and thus there is a bigger chance for it to have bugs/exploits/flaws.

"Anybody who thinks they can flesh out a protocol in secret and then deploy it, full-blown and working, is in for a world of hurt."
         [Nick Szabo, 1993-8-23]

You just want to know how its going to be done Wink Paying for a top class peer review is one of the things being discussed for a budget proposal and I've little doubt it'll get one so you'll just have to wait like the rest of us Tongue

Linus' Law says you can't simply pay for peer review of the quality that open source's 'many eyeballs' delivers. 

Doing both is ideal.  Just doing open source is usually fine.  Just doing peer review among a small, paid group in secret is unacceptable.

"Any DashHole who thinks they can flesh out Evolution in secret and then deploy it, full-blown and working, is in for a world of butthurt."

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 02:14:22 AM

XMR price July 2014   $3.35
XMR price today        $0.38

To briefly bring this thread back on topic

DASH price May 2014: $13.50
DASH price today: $2.25

BTC price May 2014: $500
BTC price today: $300

To answer the question in the thread topic, Dash is not a better alternative to Bitcoin.

illodin

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 07:34:43 AM

Conveniently leaving out the context. Which was Icebreaker giving investment advice and then turning out after he started investing in Monero the price has plummeted 90% and is now being angry.
illodin

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 07:38:50 AM

No, you got it the other way around.

Are you sure? Because to me it looks like Monero is being brought up in a Dash thread and not the other way around.

And do you have any idea why that might be?

Also, would it be better if Dash fanclub went to every Monero thread to talk about it instead? At least they have the decency not to go shit on another fanclub's lawn 24/7 taking turns.
CoinNation

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 08:00:24 AM

[Nick Szabo, 1993-8-23]

Isn't Dash open sourced? After they issue the new development, we do not know what is inside the code?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 09:04:33 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2015, 09:20:55 AM by smooth

Conveniently leaving out the context. ... Monero

What you call "the context" i.e. Monero, is off topic to this thread. Please try to stay on topic. iCEBREAKER seems capable of that (as far as I can tell every one of his posts here discussed Dash and Bitcoin). Are you?

Back on topic: Dash has lost nearly all of its value while Bitcoin is quickly recovering a large portion of the value it lost over a similar time period. Dash is NOT a better alternative to Bitcoin based on market performance, which is often cited by Dash proponents as a measure of its success.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 09:09:55 AM

Who gives a shit about markets? Good luck with Doge 2.0 Wink

I seem to remember toknormal and probably other Dash supporters saying quite a few times that growth in market cap was an indicator of the success of Dash. That cuts both ways does it not?

BTW, by "Doge 2.0" are you referring to Bitcoin because that makes no sense? Or are you going off topic?

Tread topic reminder: "Is Dash a better alternative to Bitcoin?"

Update:

DASH price today: $2.25 $2.14

BTC price today: $300 $302
illodin

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 09:14:22 AM

What you call "the contest" i.e. Monero, is off topic to this thread. Please try to stay on topic. iCEBREAKER seems capable of that (as far as I can tell every one of his posts here discussed Dash and Bitcoin). Are you?

Back on topic: Dash has lost nearly all of its value while Bitcoin is quickly recovering a large portion of the value it lost over a similar time period. Dash is NOT a better alternative to Bitcoin based on market performance, which is often cited by Dash proponents as a measure of its success.

And now instead of just leaving out the context editing posts to make the context different that it originally was is approaching forum games I've generally expected from puppets deserving the "Trollero" title. Please don't go there.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 09:30:36 AM

What you call "the contest" i.e. Monero, is off topic to this thread. Please try to stay on topic. iCEBREAKER seems capable of that (as far as I can tell every one of his posts here discussed Dash and Bitcoin). Are you?

And now instead of just leaving out the context editing posts to make the context different that it originally was is approaching forum games I've generally expected from puppets deserving the "Trollero" title. Please don't go there.

When iCEBREAKER invested in some coin other than Dash or Bitcoin is totally irrelevant to this thread, so yes, I'm going to trim that irrelevant context.

Back on topic though, what do you think that the market is telling us about Dash and Bitcoin, because Bitcoin seems to be doing a whole lot better according to investors?

What do you think about open source developments in the Bitcoin ecosystem, such as confidential transactions (with whitepaper), sidechains (with whitepaper), improved smart contracts (with BIP documents), lightning network (with whitepaper), etc.? Is Dash meeting and exceeding that quality and quantity of open source development, or is it falling behind and/or going in the wrong direction? Is the market getting this wrong?

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 10:00:41 AM

[Nick Szabo, 1993-8-23]

Isn't Dash open sourced? After they issue the new development, we do not know what is inside the code?

I believe that when new developments are created it is not done in an open source manner for the community and peers to review the code.

Maybe they open source waaay later but initially it is closed source. At least that is the trend I've noticed.

Nick's comment  applies here as Evan is trying to flesh out a protocol without it being open sourced from the get go.

It reminds me of how the Federal Reserve thinks operating in secrecy behind closed doors is the best thing for the economy when it is clear they have no clue what they are doing.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: