Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:46:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 218 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How did you first hear about bitcoin?  (Read 104299 times)
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 08:38:34 PM

My friend was working on bitcoins and was earning from signature campaign, trading and gambling and it was he who introduced me to bitcoins and it took some time for me to understand the concept of bitcoins but  later on I decided to get into it and now I am earning descent amount of bitcoins regularly.
That is great, Your friend was a great help for you for sure because you are now earning decent amount of bitcoin. Understanding bitcoin for the first time was a hard time but if you concentrate it will be easy for you. Good luck for your journey in bitcoin and i hope you will earn more and help your other friend by introducing bitcoin to them.

That's right most of us are here only because of our friends and I think we should be thankful to them throughout our lives for making us aware about bitcoins as we are now making some good amount of money from it and now its our responsibility to introduce bitcoins to people around us.
yes i also examine the view of the most of the people and most of them have the same reply that they heard about bitcoin from their friends. very honestly i also heard about bitcoin from my friend. although i was already about bitcoin from media but at that time i was not giving preference to it but when i heard about bitcoin from my friend then i start working on it.

Even I heard it once on news channel but was not sure how to work on it or how to earn it but it was my friend who practically showed me to work on it and how to earn it and if he would not have taught me then I would have find it very complicated and would have dropped the idea of using it.
yes for the first time i also heard about bitcoin from media but at that time bitcoin was not as such popular therefore i do not give any preference to it. but after some years when i heard about bitcoin from my friend then i start taking interest and then start learning about bitcoin and now i am using bitcoin for different activities and also for investment.
st0nefish

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 08:57:54 PM

Digital Currency

Yes, that was the first thing I heard about bitcoin. And after hearing that, I read a few articles on bitcoin. I was never interested later. After 2 years from now, I started to take care of it again.

And I learned that bitcoin is much more than digital currency.
chmod777

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 02:58:44 AM

Are you a bitcoin fan?
Do you spend a lot of time on bitcoin? Reading news, trading, or even writing your own analysis.
But how did you first hear about bitcoin?
Is it some articles you read about? Or just from a friend who has traded bitcoin for a long time?

Share your experience with us. Grin

I heard Bitcoin name firstly with "Silk Road" news. Then I started to examine it in detail. There are still a lot of issues that I still need to learn.
There is a lot of interest, especially in technical sense.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 04:10:23 AM

Are you a bitcoin fan?
Do you spend a lot of time on bitcoin? Reading news, trading, or even writing your own analysis.
Is it some articles you read about? Or just from a friend who has traded bitcoin for a long time?

I heard Bitcoin name firstly with "Silk Road" news. Then I started to examine it in detail. There are still a lot of issues that I still need to learn.

No many people came know via news or media. Most of the people came to know about bitcoin through their friends or from internet surfing. I came to know about bitcoin by my next room mate when I am asking about additional income so he thought about it.
nyanhtet

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bawga

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 07:37:18 AM

From internet money maker' book in 2010. But I didn't care. Now I am missing cheap BTC.

Develop Custom Decentralized Blockchain Applications in JavaScript with LISK!         
  Website | Blog | Reddit | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
  Lisk Delegate - Communitypool: 80% reward sharing delegate
Transparency Report
ProtoAmorite21

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 08:42:01 AM

I first read about bitcoin while browsing the internet looking for some tech news about a year ago. It just so happens that it is the headline. I wasn't that much interested back then but recently I heard that one of my friends is earning a decent amount that he bought a gadget of his own so I decided to give it a try.  Cheesy
newfidegm

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 11:50:01 PM

I heard first about bitcoin from TV 5 yrs ago, then I researched for some informations in the internet, unfortunately, all I know was Bitcoin is the virtual currency. Recently, my friend's introduced about bitcoin and how had he dealed with bitcoin and made his own money, I think I am interested, again. Then I've researched again for informations, found for biggest forum about bitcoin (it's why I am here Cheesy). I found out that it's not easy, I still have a lot to learn.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3018

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2017, 11:56:21 PM

I heard first about bitcoin from TV 5 yrs ago, then I researched for some informations in the internet, unfortunately, all I know was Bitcoin is the virtual currency. Recently, my friend's introduced about bitcoin and how had he dealed with bitcoin and made his own money, I think I am interested, again. Then I've researched again for informations, found for biggest forum about bitcoin (it's why I am here Cheesy). I found out that it's not easy, I still have a lot to learn.
I never heard bitcoin become news in TV 5 what honestly your place or country?
In my experience you can heard bitcoin most of the forums.. about earnings so i found bitcoin in many different forum just curious because they are spending their time collecting bitcoin in faucet until i found that there is a game like bitcoin hopper that i download in my phone and my child got addicted ion the game i earn bitcoin while playing so when i trying to send and make wallet online like coinbase when sending from my bitcoin hopper to coinbase wallet address i received and trying to spend.. like buying domain and found this forum i remember that i bought hosting in turtle i forgot the name of the hosting site.
And then i read many thread here about bitcoin and learn about it..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Toyking

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 02:12:49 AM

I just heard bitcoin only a few days ago. and i learn it as the news report the price.
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 06:43:44 AM

I first read about it on a forum and thought that it was a really cool idea but didn't really understand it. I wish I had read about it more because after that I ignored it for over a year before I heard that it ran up to ATH. The classic "I wish I had bought in earlier" story haha

Yeah that's the thoughts and desires of someone much, surely they will be sorry when he saw the success that where previously they had been given the opportunity to join or have it this will only make everyone get a huge loss and I think when we want to get an advantage then we should be able to fight against myself and must be willing to sacrifice.Bitcoin has emerged since a long time so it will be easy for all to trust the bitcoin as currency for bitcoin already bediri since a long time and has a lot of advantage for most of the people who use it

carlerha

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 08:16:21 AM

Are you a bitcoin fan?

No many people came know via news or media. Most of the people came to know about bitcoin through their friends or from internet surfing. I came to know about bitcoin by my next room mate when I am asking about additional income so he thought about it.
yes i also heard about bitcoin through media. and after that i heard about it from my friend and after that i start getting information about bitcoin and when i become sure about bitcoin then i start using it and invest my money in it.
FrannWilder

Activity: 81

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 08:41:44 AM

I first heard about Bitcoin from my friend, he was all ready using it.
And he told me that it is a better safer way for getting and sending money.
Variantand

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 09:55:45 AM

I first heard about bitcoin when I was watching TV and there was a news about how people lost their money on an online exchange based on Japan.
marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 10:12:41 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2017, 10:48:39 AM by marketone

I heard bitcoin in the year 2009 when I was working in online. At that time the price of bitcoin is very low, even I was afraid to buy because it is new to the market. In 2009 the only investments we have in online is USD, and now with bitcoin, everything is changed.
Siatald

Activity: 35
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 10:16:13 AM

I heard about it on a news article in which it was stated that how people use this digital currency to buy illegal items like drugs and guns on darknet.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 10:51:09 AM

I first heard about Bitcoin from my friend, he was all ready using it.
And he told me that it is a better safer way for getting and sending money.
to send money from one country to a place very far though bitcoin is a good method, simple and cheap. but at the moment I can not say it fast. because it takes a long time to wait for confirmation
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1004

www.licx.io

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 11:17:18 AM

I heard bitcoin in the year 2009 when i was working in online. At that time the price of bitcoin is very low, even i was afraid to buy because it is new to the market. In 2009 the only investments we have in online is USD, and now with bitcoin everything is changed.
wow, it's been a very long time. if I were you, maybe I've been looking for bitcoin since then as well.
Well, I know bitcoin since 2014, and at that time the price of bitcoin is quite low, and when I find them full of doubt on the faucet, because it seemed very long  Grin.

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
 Low Fidelity - High Potential 
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████

█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
Vaccinus

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 11:22:31 AM

i heard about bitoin in 2011 or 2012 i don't remember, but at that time the bitcoin.org website was very shady to me, and and i have not given it an opportunity, very bad decision from me, after that when bitcoin go crazy in 2013 i started to learn more about it, but still was undecided, and now for me the only way to acquire btc is with signature and by buying on the exchange sadly

EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 11:35:27 AM

From internet money maker' book in 2010. But I didn't care. Now I am missing cheap BTC.
everybody have same regret as you, just let it go and create a new story start from now on , keep supporting bitcoin , use & spend them everywhere as often as possible to keep bitcoin circulating and push the price to grow .

mostly know about bitcoin because they want to make money online , and then they found bitcoin.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
VanAllen

Activity: 240

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 11:39:11 AM

My first encounter with Bitcoin was several years ago when I bought 1 BTC to pay for membership to a Usenet NZB (file-sharing) website, though at the time I failed to realise the  potential of cryptocurrencies and largely ignored the technology. I assumed it was just something for gamers and gamblers  Roll Eyes ....

I remember I paid something like £10 for 1BTC and I had a couple of pound 'change' after paying for access to the NZB site. I left the remainder in a wallet and forgot about until a few years later. When my interest was eventually re-ignited, following some Bitcoin news I read, I discovered that the 'change' I had kept had risen in value to over £100. It was at this point (a couple of years ago), I began to take a little more interest in cryptocurrencies!

I have been following and studying Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies obsessively ever since. I wish I had bought more Bitcoin back in the early days but I missed that boat. By the time I started buying/using Bitcoin it had already risen to about $200/BTC.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 218 »
  Print  

Jump to: