Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 09:07:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks like we found Globalcoin Dev  (Read 1027 times)
unusualfacts30 (OP)

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 06:49:03 PM

I went to find original post just to find out it was deleted...few minutes later my posts were deleted from that thread and I was banned for "trolling" cause I called it pnd. Apparently globalcoin dev haven't posted anything in that thread..so? you guessed it right... this genx scammer is part of a group who creates these random scam coins that get pumped randomly on trex and other hero members are supporting it. His sign says CIRC right now so what that means?

If a newbie dev creates an altcoin thread it's as useless as it gets UNLESS bunch of senior members start posting in it and tell other people "how good it is".

Perfect way to lure people. Create new altcoin, get bunch of hero members to comment and voila! all of a sudden you got people interested in it.

stay safe pls.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
First.Bitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 1156
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 07:38:05 PM

It is crazy to ever do business with someone when you don't know who they are.

This is the only industry I have ever seen where people invest hundreds of thousands with anonymous developers.

I am the founder of ArtByte (formerly AppleByte) and have been public since day one. You can learn all about me, my business background, etc. and connect with me on my LinkedIn profile. Linkdin Profile for founder, Mike Cabaniss

It should be that way with every dev here.

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 07:48:06 PM

Only took one post for AppleShyte to shill their coin. New record?

kekek

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 08:25:25 PM

If a newbie dev creates an altcoin thread it's as useless as it gets UNLESS bunch of senior members start posting in it and tell other people "how good it is".

Perfect way to lure people. Create new altcoin, get bunch of hero members to comment and voila! all of a sudden you got people interested in it.

Honestly it's pretty retarded for someone to judge a coin based on the bitcointalk rank of its supporters.

Still Globalcoin is most likely a shitcoin, and like most shitcoins, will have a cycle of pumping and dumping until its inevitable death.

unusualfacts30 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 06:13:28 AM

Honestly it's pretty retarded for someone to judge a coin based on the bitcointalk rank of its supporters.

Still Globalcoin is most likely a shitcoin, and like most shitcoins, will have a cycle of pumping and dumping until its inevitable death.

You're right it is retarded but not everone is smart enough to think that...there is a reason why people are buying/selling old user accounts because it's great marketing tool to bring confidence in your investors.

it's very simple. Here are two scams:

Project A - Offering great project that you're very interested in,  newbie dev, supported by hero members.
Project B - Same as project A, newbie dev, supported by newbie accounts.

Which one would you invest in or any investor would invest in?

Keep in mind both are pnd...Project A is just well planned while Project B is not.

it's basic marketing...same reason why companies get famous people to vouch for their product...in return it brings more customers. In this case it brings more investors (most newbies but regardless money is money whether it comes from old investors or new investors). People are more inclined to invest in a coin that's backed up by statements of old members vs new members.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
g3rszpi

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 06:53:10 AM

This is the most beautifull thing in cryptoland Cheesy
GODLIKE

Activity: 546

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 09:13:38 AM

Just leave altcoins alone... the only thing that will be working in first instance is Bitcoin.
This, for the simple reason that you can ACTUALLY BUY GOODS WITH BITCOINS.
It's the most advertised and spread cryptocurrency and will probably stay like that for 5 years, maybe 10.
999 altcoins on 1000 are useless crap, you can't buy anything with them, no matter how better they are technically: if there's no adoption, it's just an experiment.
And the main hurdle for cryptocurrencies at the moment is having them adopted, and the focus is of course on Bitcoin.
Just keep your money or buy Bitcoins.

BITCOIN FOREVER news aggregator: only the most important news on the cryptoworld!
andy35

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 11:16:53 AM

You're right it is retarded but not everone is smart enough to think that...there is a reason why people are buying/selling old user accounts because it's great marketing tool to bring confidence in your investors.

it's very simple. Here are two scams:

Project A - Offering great project that you're very interested in,  newbie dev, supported by hero members.
Project B - Same as project A, newbie dev, supported by newbie accounts.

Which one would you invest in or any investor would invest in?

Keep in mind both are pnd...Project A is just well planned while Project B is not.

it's basic marketing...same reason why companies get famous people to vouch for their product...in return it brings more customers. In this case it brings more investors (most newbies but regardless money is money whether it comes from old investors or new investors). People are more inclined to invest in a coin that's backed up by statements of old members vs new members.

I admit that I have fallen for that trick and brought a coin because hero members recommended it. Straight after I brought in it crashed in price and I was stuck holding the bag. From that moment on I refused to listen to anyone's advice about which coin to buy. It's most newbies who fall for that trick.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 01:07:18 PM

I admit that I have fallen for that trick and brought a coin because hero members recommended it. Straight after I brought in it crashed in price and I was stuck holding the bag. From that moment on I refused to listen to anyone's advice about which coin to buy. It's most newbies who fall for that trick.

If you don't mind me asking, which coin was it?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

unusualfacts30 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:31:20 PM

Just leave altcoins alone... the only thing that will be working in first instance is Bitcoin.
It's the most advertised and spread cryptocurrency and will probably stay like that for 5 years, maybe 10.
999 altcoins on 1000 are useless crap, you can't buy anything with them, no matter how better they are technically: if there's no adoption, it's just an experiment.
And the main hurdle for cryptocurrencies at the moment is having them adopted, and the focus is of course on Bitcoin.

I hate to agree but you're 100% right. My issue is how is it even allowed on exchanges? Are they keeping their eyes closed while scams like these are running on daily basis or are they playing a part in it?

In all honesty Global coin has no community and according to trex it says that they only list coins that have "good community following". Global thread  has only 8 pages so why would trex even consider listing it?...answer is simple...trex or any other exchange would list any coin as long as you're paying them fees..they don't care about scams, non scams or loss of money..hey they're the biggest exchange why do they need to give a sh!t, right? and to make matter even better there is no one that regulates these exchange and pin point scams.

In some way people are to blame for it themselves...if you're getting scammed then it's partly your fault..not because you invested in it but you keep your mouth shut after it has happened..instead hire a lawyer or at least report these exchanges to proper authority so they can investigate wtf is going on behind the curtain of "vote to get your coin listed".

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 03:29:59 PM

Haha, the GLOBE dev threatened me too with ban, he already wanted me out from the thread before wanting to email the mods.

LOOOOOOOL GTFO scamming turd dev.  Keep his scams going strong.
Braino

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

IRONX - Fully regulated World-Class Exchange

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 05:51:02 PM

If people would spend less time posting butthurt complainer threads with extensive text about supposed scammers and spend more time researching and learning maybe there would be fewer butthurt complainer threads like this one.

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
GODLIKE

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 02:31:19 PM

I hate to agree but you're 100% right. My issue is how is it even allowed on exchanges? Are they keeping their eyes closed while scams like these are running on daily basis or are they playing a part in it?

In all honesty Global coin has no community and according to trex it says that they only list coins that have "good community following". Global thread  has only 8 pages so why would trex even consider listing it?...answer is simple...trex or any other exchange would list any coin as long as you're paying them fees..they don't care about scams, non scams or loss of money..hey they're the biggest exchange why do they need to give a sh!t, right? and to make matter even better there is no one that regulates these exchange and pin point scams.

In some way people are to blame for it themselves...if you're getting scammed then it's partly your fault..not because you invested in it but you keep your mouth shut after it has happened..instead hire a lawyer or at least report these exchanges to proper authority so they can investigate wtf is going on behind the curtain of "vote to get your coin listed".

Agree. Scams work because there are people that fall for them.
But situation will get better with time.
Bitcoin will become more adopted, everybody will know it, while altcoins will become just "stuff out there" and only very few people will fall in them.
The situation at the moment is many people think "Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency, altcoins are as well, so they COULD have some value".
This is not COMPLETELY wrong, but it's LARGELY wrong.
Only very few altcoins will have a future. My options are on LITECOIN, ETHEREUM, DOGE, RIPPLE system, but all the rest will burn in the next 5 years.

The more Bitcoin will become solid, the more altcoins will lose reputation.
Maybe not now, not this year, but the next year, when STILL only Bitcoin will be really useable, when you will be able to BUY STUFF only with Bitcoin, altcoins will begin to disappear, probably with a big boom altogether in a couple of weeks.

BITCOIN FOREVER news aggregator: only the most important news on the cryptoworld!
KlondikeBear

Activity: 115

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 03:57:32 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2015, 04:28:34 PM by KlondikeBear

I think you never will be able "to BUY STUFF only with Bitcoin". The word "only" is not correct.

In short: people have feelings, Bitcoin alone is boring, you can get different experiences with different coins and communities.
Coins are being implemented into market, payment gateways, gift cards, exchange services, multi wallets.
Altcoins are backed by Bitcoin and Litecoin.
Technically for altcoin holders there is no difference to buy with Bitcoin or with some altcoins: you must send coins to an address and that is all.
If you hold altcoins, it is easier to send altcoins than to exchange them to BTC first.

Even if everybody can buy coffee or dessert in McDonald's it does not mean that McDonald's will crowd out coffee houses or even other fast food services. I hope Bitcoin will be a leader of cryptocurrency like McDonald's is a leader of fast food industry, but some other altcoins will not disappear, there are many coffee houses, not only Starbucks.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1133912.0

Maybe not now, not this year, but the next year, when STILL only Bitcoin will be really useable, when you will be able to BUY STUFF only with Bitcoin, altcoins will begin to disappear, probably with a big boom altogether in a couple of weeks.

the Nash equilibrium?
GODLIKE

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 06:09:54 PM

I think you never will be able "to BUY STUFF only with Bitcoin". The word "only" is not correct.

In short: people have feelings, Bitcoin alone is boring,

Bitcoin is boring?
OK dude, I stop reading here, enough nonsense.
Hold on your altcoins and enjoy Smiley

And actually you can ONLY use Bitcoin to buy stuff (I may have problems with english grammar, but the sense of the sentence can be caught easily), you can only save your altcoins in wallets in hope that somebody later will implement payment with them.
Good luck with that.

KlondikeBear

Activity: 115

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 07:33:49 PM

Again one word.
ALONE is boring. When you have no choice, it is boring.
I understand that you love Bitcoin, but why you cannot understand one simple thing:
people will buy Bitcoin to buy altcoins, and Bitcoin will profit from it.
If it is alone, if it is like monopoly which beats small competitors, it is not good.

In short: people have feelings, Bitcoin alone is boring,

Bitcoin is boring?
OK dude, I stop reading here, enough nonsense.
Hold on your altcoins and enjoy Smiley

I've told you already that it is not true and gave you an example, and there is a link in my signature.
But some altcoins are implemented into market a way better, than a coin in my signature.

And actually you can ONLY use Bitcoin to buy stuff (I may have problems with english grammar, but the sense of the sentence can be caught easily), you can only save your altcoins in wallets in hope that somebody later will implement payment with them.
Good luck with that.

the Nash equilibrium?
unusualfacts30 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 06:14:53 AM

Agree. Scams work because there are people that fall for them.
But situation will get better with time.
Bitcoin will become more adopted, everybody will know it, while altcoins will become just "stuff out there" and only very few people will fall in them.
The situation at the moment is many people think "Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency, altcoins are as well, so they COULD have some value".
This is not COMPLETELY wrong, but it's LARGELY wrong.
Only very few altcoins will have a future. My options are on LITECOIN, ETHEREUM, DOGE, RIPPLE system, but all the rest will burn in the next 5 years.

Here is another "Hero Member" trying to convince people how Globe is not a scam...Is he part of the scam? quite possibly or may be he is trying to get people to buy his bag
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1080474.msg11988587#msg11988587

we need list of hero members who we can list in hall of shame.

I agree with bitcoin part..in fact I thought things would get better when that "Equinox" scam came out months ago but it seems like things have only gotten worse with time. This is what happens when creating an altcoin gets easier than pissing in toilet

Sad part is these scammers are making money from these scams so there are investors who're investing in these scams that's why these shitcoins keep coming back with new name (Dibbits, Diggits, Globe, Ibits) and more to come in near future.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
g3rszpi

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 02:47:04 PM

What this poor guy did?
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 02:54:53 PM

Can you please change the OP to the correct globalboost or whatever. It is public knowledge I created Globalcoin (GLC) as per topic title.

Please change to correct Gloabl/Globalboost or whatever coin you are referring to.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: