Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:38:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This stat is pretty shocking  (Read 1341 times)
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 02:22:15 PM

Last time I checked 85% of GLOBAL OS was Android not some garbage iOS. It's probably over 90% by now.

So question isn't why someone isn't creating iOS wallet...better question is why some of them are even wasting their time creating iOS wallet instead of focusing on things that matter.

and to be honest after Steve Jobs they're heading downhill and I won't be surprised if people completely stop buying their products by 2017

iOS was cool thing back in 2006 but now it's just waste of money and any dev creating wallet for iOS shouldn't even be called Dev.

I'm selling all those coins that you listed who have iOS wallet. (excluding Bitcoin)

Thanks for reminding me how shitty iOS is.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 02:46:22 PM

Last time I checked 85% of GLOBAL OS was Android not some garbage iOS. It's probably over 90% by now.

Well to be fair when you consider Android is used on every $50 throwaway burner phone it's easy to capture the majority market share, same with how Windows is included with every budget PC.
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 03:24:38 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2015, 03:51:33 PM by BitUsher

So question isn't why someone isn't creating iOS wallet...better question is why some of them are even wasting their time creating iOS wallet instead of focusing on things that matter.

and to be honest after Steve Jobs they're heading downhill and I won't be surprised if people completely stop buying their products by 2017

iOS was cool thing back in 2006 but now it's just waste of money and any dev creating wallet for iOS shouldn't even be called Dev.

I'm selling all those coins that you listed who have iOS wallet. (excluding Bitcoin)

Its 18% as I just have shown -
http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-os-market-share.jsp

Even if it eventually dropped down to 5% in 20 years it is still the mark of maturity that a coin can support all the devices... in this case 800 million unsupported which is rather large.

I am by no means an apple fan or user. (I have OSX for testing in VMware only) but the reality is they make products primarily for 3 demographics - wealthy trendy people, serious developers who appreciate quality products and unix based osx who use ios in turn, and people fooled by their marketing who aren't very tech savvy.

2 of those demographics are really important ones to focus on for any coin so it could be argued that ios should be just as important at this time in supporting as android. This is evident especially by the fact that ios vs android in the US is nearly tied and the only reason android is so dominant worldwide is because their are millions of 20-50 dollar cheap smartphones being sold in asia which includes a demographic of users who aren't in a position to learn about or purchase any speculative investment at this time.
unusualfacts30

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:10:36 PM

Its 18% as I just have shown -
http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-os-market-share.jsp

Even if it eventually dropped down to 5% in 20 years it is still the mark of maturity that a coin can support all the devices... in this case 800 million unsupported which is rather large.

I am by no means an apple fan or user. (I have OSX for testing in VMware only) but the reality is they make products primarily for 3 demographics - wealthy trendy people, serious developers who appreciate quality products and unix based osx who use ios in turn, and people fooled by their marketing who aren't very tech savvy.

2 of those demographics are really important ones to focus on for any coin so it could be argued that ios should be just as important at this time in supporting as android. This is evident especially by the fact that ios vs android in the US is nearly tied and the only reason android is so dominant worldwide is because their are millions of 20-50 dollar cheap smartphones being sold in asia which includes a demographic of users who aren't in a position to learn about or purchase any speculative investment at this time.

lets assume 18% of people are iPhone users and 2% of them are rich iPhone users. How many of those 2% are retarded enough to throw their money away in altcoins (filled with scams) vs stocks

truth is there aren't many iPhone users in crypto..nobody likes iOS..it's dead and slowly dying after that punk Tim Crook took over the company and Android has it down on the floor and continuously punching it...it'll keep punching till its dead.

I can't believe people still supporting iOS. I don't know anyone anymore who owns an iPhone...those who did threw it away in garbage when Galaxy came out..it's harsh truth that some people don't want to face.

There is a reason why most dev don't bother with iOS wallet because they're working on more important things than worrying about 2% of crypto population who uses iOS. lol

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:24:59 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2015, 04:45:30 PM by BitUsher

lets assume 18% of people are iPhone users and 2% of them are rich iPhone users. How many of those 2% are retarded enough to throw their money away in altcoins (filled with scams) vs stocks

truth is there aren't many iPhone users in crypto..nobody likes iOS..it's dead and slowly dying after that punk Tim Crook took over the company and Android has it down on the floor and continuously punching it...it'll keep punching till its dead.

I can't believe people still supporting iOS. I don't know anyone anymore who owns an iPhone...those who did threw it away in garbage when Galaxy came out..it's harsh truth that some people don't want to face.

There is a reason why most dev don't bother with iOS wallet because they're working on more important things than worrying about 2% of crypto population who uses iOS. lol

We don't have to assume 18%... it is 18% worldwide and tied with 47% in the US. You are bringing your personal biases and opinions into the matter which isn't objective. I hate apple as much as you do but the reality is they make premium products that many wealthy people and developers use. Half of the devs and programmers I work with are apple users as well which represent one of the most important first adopters a fintech ecosystem must court.

P.S... I like how you pulled out that assumption that only 2% of apple users are wealthy. Apple primarily makes High end premium products which are very expensive. Comparatively worldwide at least 98% of apple users are wealthy and have disposable income to spend or invest in while android users are mostly poor and don't have much disposable income. Just look at the paid app numbers within each ecosystem if you want some insight. Android apps are almost exclusively supported by advertising and many developers are considering not even bothering making an app for android because the paid apps in google play marketplace perform horribly.
unusualfacts30

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:47:10 PM

We don't have to assume 18%... it is 18% worldwide and tied with 47% in the US. You are bringing your personal biases and opinions into the matter which isn't objective. I hate apple as much as you do but the reality is they make premium products that many wealthy people and developers use. Half of the devs and programmers I work with are apple users as well which represent one of the most important first adopters a fintech ecosystem must court.

P.S... I like how you pulled out that assumption that only 2% of apple users are wealthy. Apple primarily makes High end premium products which are very expensive. Comparatively worldwide at least 98% of apple users are wealthy and have disposable income to spend or invest in while android users are mostly poor and don't have much disposable income. Just look at the paid app numbers within each ecosystem if you want some insight. Android apps are almost exclusively supported by advertising and many developers are considering not even bothering making an app for android because the paid apps in google play marketplace perform horribly.

no it's actually 18% in US itself ..probably less. Just look it up to see how many people are actually using iOS...it was 18% in 2014 probably decreased after new galaxy dropped in the market. All big cellphone providers have 90% android phones and that's what people are buying.

Not to mention Apple has started sending their workforce to third world countries...so expect shit phones soon and then there will no more iPhone and whole world will be better place to live in.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:51:13 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2015, 05:19:19 PM by BitUsher

no it's actually 18% in US itself ..probably less. Just look it up to see how many people are actually using iOS...it was 18% in 2014 probably decreased after new galaxy dropped in the market. All big cellphone providers have 90% android phones and that's what people are buying.

Are you even bothering looking up the research stats I am referencing or do you prefer to continue and pull numbers out of your ass?

The numbers I cite are sales numbers , You can look at the historical numbers month by month in the US. Some months android numbers have 60% of sales , some months ios sells more. If you consider that ios devices are more reliable than half of the androids being sold you can make a very conservative approximation that android is about tied with ios in the US for market penetration and use.

Not to mention Apple has started sending their workforce to third world countries...so expect shit phones soon and then there will no more iPhone and whole world will be better place to live in.

Again, speculating about events that have yet to happen.... and to someone who hates apple anyways. Please address the research I have given if you have a problem with it.
doremi

Activity: 654

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 05:06:23 PM

Because Apple are notorious assholes about their store

To me it's just a sign of incompetence.

well..GetGems not even has QT wallet...
unusualfacts30

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 05:31:46 PM

Are you even bothering looking up the research stats I am referencing or do you prefer to continue and pull numbers out of your ass?

The numbers I cite are sales numbers , You can look at the historical numbers month by month in the US. Some months android numbers have 60% of sales , some months ios sells more. If you consider that ios devices are more reliable than half of the androids being sold you can make a very conservative approximation that android is about tied with ios in the US for market penetration and use.

Again, speculating about events that have yet to happen.... and to someone who hates apple anyways. Please address the research I have given if you have a problem with it.

Yes but world doesn't revolve around US..if 80% of sales are Android worldwide then that's what most dev need to focus on...and as someone already mentioned Apple is pretty shitty when it comes to putting an app in their market. No one should create an app for iOS ever! They think they're better than rest of the world when in reality they're being assraped by android market but yet people brag about how apple is this and that..no they ain't.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 05:43:19 PM

Yes but world doesn't revolve around US..if 80% of sales are Android worldwide then that's what most dev need to focus on...and as someone already mentioned Apple is pretty shitty when it comes to putting an app in their market. No one should create an app for iOS ever! They think they're better than rest of the world when in reality they're being assraped by android market but yet people brag about how apple is this and that..no they ain't.

Good job completely ignoring the points of discussion and why it is critical of an alt to support ios even if its sales figures drop to 5 % in 20 years.

The reality is most alts do not support ios because it involves too much effort to create both an android and ios app and most alt developers don't want to undertake that risk with time and money when they can keep rotating through their various investment scamcoins that they can promote than sell for Btc or fiat.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 06:22:22 PM

Because Apple are notorious assholes about their store

This, F crapple
NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:15:16 PM

A litecoin iOS wallet is currently in closed beta, the dev team (what dev team, I know!) is on it. I hope it will be deployed soon.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███