Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:13:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Millionaire leaves message on the key to happiness on a bank receipt...  (Read 8486 times)
Atlas (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 05:47:10 AM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 05:50:11 AM

What a douche bag.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 05:57:02 AM

He's right, you have to believe in yourself and only let positive influences hold control over your life.  You must act with your conscience, not your ego.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Atlas (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 05:58:08 AM

Why is this man a douche? What is wrong with limiting your obligations until you can easily meet them?
jasinlee

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 05:59:41 AM

Found the accounts owner. Yeah, then leave it on a receipt and tell everyone how they screwed up their life by having kids, friends or a life before working toward building up a fat bank account because thats all that really matters.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Atlas (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 06:01:23 AM

Found the accounts owner.

How can you meet the needs of the many if you're broke and barely producing?
jasinlee

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 06:03:05 AM

By focusing on what matters to you, not taking advice from people who are detached from reality.

myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 09:54:02 AM

By focusing on what matters to you, not taking advice from people who are detached from reality.

Isn't that exactly what the note says?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
jasinlee

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 12:03:45 PM

Yes, I am trying to simplify it into a more pure douchey explanation.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 12:12:36 PM

Yes, I am trying to simplify it into a more pure douchey explanation.

Then, care to answer the question?

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
jasinlee

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 12:25:16 PM

That is kinda broad. Just because you are not rich does not make you broke or barely producing. But my answer would be, raise your kids to be good people and it should all work out in the end. I have 3 kids and I hate money, and we are happy and keep a roof over our heads, and feed and clothe ourselves. My wife does not work, this is a single income home, you don't have to kill both parents to bring your kids up so they can all have some status symbol they think they need (iPhone, cool shoes, etc). Once 1 generation of kids is raised to have a good moral set of values, they wont all (not to say some wont but we are talking about the needs of the many here) grow up to be money hungry dicks that think just because you are not rich, well you must be a lazy piece of crap who never put out enough effort to get rich like them.

TL;DR: Don't let your kids to grow up to be assholes.

kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 01:06:35 PM

My girlfriend has studied psychology and this way helps young people with difficult background (violation, drugs, ...) to find their way back to life. She focuses very hard on this tasks, but she cannot get rich this way, although I think it's very important. Instead her real income decreases every year.

Most people have no chance to get rich, mostly the honest ones. It's a bad time.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 02:14:21 PM

My girlfriend has studied psychology and this way helps young people with difficult background (violation, drugs, ...) to find their way back to life. She focuses very hard on this tasks, but she cannot get rich this way, although I think it's very important. Instead her real income decreases every year.

Most people have no chance to get rich, mostly the honest ones. It's a bad time.

With the exception of the ones with mental issues, most people do have a chance to become rich. But they would have to work hard and smart on their dream.

One person could take the pet rock idea and market it in a way that has never been done before. Another person could start an automobile plant completely different than the way it's been done. The later should sound familiar.

~Bruno~
Jimmy Chang(y)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 02:21:33 PM

That is kinda broad. Just because you are not rich does not make you broke or barely producing. But my answer would be, raise your kids to be good people and it should all work out in the end. I have 3 kids and I hate money, and we are happy and keep a roof over our heads, and feed and clothe ourselves. My wife does not work, this is a single income home, you don't have to kill both parents to bring your kids up so they can all have some status symbol they think they need (iPhone, cool shoes, etc). Once 1 generation of kids is raised to have a good moral set of values, they wont all (not to say some wont but we are talking about the needs of the many here) grow up to be money hungry dicks that think just because you are not rich, well you must be a lazy piece of crap who never put out enough effort to get rich like them.

TL;DR: Don't let your kids to grow up to be assholes.

Well said.

So many people spend their lives chasing money, more fool them.

As for that note, lol.
kneim
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 02:30:48 PM

With the exception of the ones with mental issues, most people do have a chance to become rich. But they would have to work hard and smart on their dream.

One person could take the pet rock idea and market it in a way that has never been done before. Another person could start an automobile plant completely different than the way it's been done. The later should sound familiar.

~Bruno~

Are you dreaming? Work as hard as Paris?

Working hard means working hard for the rich, not for yourself, these times.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 02:42:15 PM

en·tre·pre·neur
noun
1. a person who organizes and manages any enterprise, especially a business, usually with considerable initiative and risk.

MatthewLM
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 02:53:00 PM

The bank account balance is freedom? Yes, freedom for the bank to take all your money and lose it.
kneim
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 02:58:22 PM

en·tre·pre·neur
noun
1. a person who organizes and manages any enterprise, especially a business, usually with considerable initiative and risk.
Yes, we need them, because they mostly take too much risk, and after their collapse accountants, advocates, and perhaps medicals have a lot of new work to do.

I remind that a few decades before the boss of a company could become rich and end in the gutter after serious mistakes. And Today? Be a greasy guy gambling with other peoples money (John Paulson for example), and vanish with a big bonus after the crash. Let the crooks run (Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, for example) after making arrangements, that the normal people have to pay.

Enough for me with neo-liberalism.

Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 03:02:25 PM

One mans freedom is another mans slavery. The receipt shows the selfishness and the egocentricity of the owner.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
MatthewLM
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 03:20:43 PM

One mans freedom is another mans slavery. The receipt shows the selfishness and the egocentricity of the owner.

If money is slavery, the solution if to transfer the money to me. I'll gladly take it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: