Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:03:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Millionaire leaves message on the key to happiness on a bank receipt...  (Read 8486 times)
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 03:23:32 PM

Working hard means working hard for the rich, not for yourself, these times.

en·tre·pre·neur
noun
1. a person who organizes and manages any enterprise, especially a business, usually with considerable initiative and risk.
Yes, we need them, because they mostly take too much risk, and after their collapse accountants, advocates, and perhaps medicals have a lot of new work to do.

I remind that a few decades before the boss of a company could become rich and end in the gutter after serious mistakes. And Today? Be a greasy guy gambling with other peoples money (John Paulson for example), and vanish with a big bonus after the crash. Let the crooks run (Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, for example) after making arrangements, that the normal people have to pay.

Enough for me with neo-liberalism.

My, but you are jaded, aren't you? I speak of the small business owner, as well as the industrialist. Sam Walton, Dave Thomas, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, all these men started out small. Apple, for instance, started out in a garage.

Get excited and make stuff. That's how you beat the banksters.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 03:27:44 PM

One mans freedom is another mans slavery. The receipt shows the selfishness and the egocentricity of the owner.

If money is slavery, the solution if to transfer the money to me. I'll gladly take it.
You could own all money, if you are ethic and fair-minded.

The questions for me are: Which way do you earn your money, and with way do you spend it. It tells a lot (if not all) about the owner.

kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 03:38:44 PM

My, but you are jaded, aren't you? I speak of the small business owner, as well as the industrialist. Sam Walton, Dave Thomas, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, all these men started out small. Apple, for instance, started out in a garage.
Nice stories, but do you know them in full length? And are they really true, in the "garage"? Sounds nice, go and try also.

That's not possible, I'm earning my money with confidence. I'm one of the rare people who found Bitcoins to spread my investments. But how to explain it to people without technological background?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 03:46:11 PM

That's not possible, I'm earning my money with confidence. I'm one of the rare people who found Bitcoins to spread my investments. But how to explain it to people without technological background?

Who cares about non-technical people? And what makes you think I was specifically speaking about Bitcoin entrepreneurship? Find something awesome. Make it happen. Kickstarter. Makerbot. Makerspaces. Now is the age of the mini-industrialist. The (very real) problems you identified earlier are soon to be a thing of the past.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
MatthewLM
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 03:48:31 PM

Email is just as technical as bitcoin, if not more so, but people use it all around the world.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 03:51:05 PM

If I had a bank account with $12.5 million in cash I would feel free also. It's not unfounded. Money =  more choices. Choices = freedom.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
MatthewLM
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 03:58:17 PM

The bank account balance is an illusion due to fractional reserve banking. The balance is a liability on the bank's balance sheet but it is not backed up fully by reserves but illiquid loan asests. We all try to take our money out at once and learn that it is not there.

I'd never store so much money in a bank, even if it was a tiny fraction of my total wealth. I'd keep my money in a format that is not backed by debt which is owned by someone else.
dissipate

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 12:33:06 AM

$12 million in a bank account? Hmm, one would have to be filthy filthy rich to justify that. Anything more than half a million at the most should be invested.
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 12:58:38 AM

Why is this man a douche? What is wrong with limiting your obligations until you can easily meet them?

Because that was only the secret to his happiness.
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 01:05:21 AM

Now, if only we can encourage kids to be more desensitized to everything and distracted from anything semi-important and pay attention to acquiring money as their only goal. If only there was some music that preached the same thing as that guys receipt.

Then the coming generations will be perfectly happy people.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
goodlord666

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

100%

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 06:25:49 PM

They key to happiness is not really trying too hard in the first place..

wong RAP

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 06:29:08 PM

HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAH

That is NOT freedom. I'll tell you from experience money is NOT freedom in the slightest. It controls you, not the other way around.

Who told him this lie? And why did he believe it?
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 08:19:28 PM

HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAH

That is NOT freedom. I'll tell you from experience money is NOT freedom in the slightest. It controls you, not the other way around.

Once you have money it looses it's sparkle, don't it.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
wong RAP

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 08:20:27 PM

HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAH

Once you have money it looses it's sparkle, don't it.

Remember when you wanted that toy as a kid when you finally got it, it was cool for a few days/weeks then got bored of it?

Money just sparks more stupid greed. Human are never satisfied.
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 10:47:04 PM

A lot of research has shown that below a certain line of income money buys a lot of happiness. It's the same happiness that's experienced when a smoker staves off withdrawal symptoms by toking another cigarette, or a coffee drinker by drinking another cup. On the other end of the scale, beyond a certain point, more money buys less and less happiness, as it starts bringing its own problems (fear of loss, etc). Google is bursting with articles on this topic.

Admittedly the guy said his secret to happiness was freedom, and money buys it for him, so I guess one couldn't be too hard on him. I think most people would be made happy by the prospect of freedom, but imo it's overcoming the challenge that matters more. Perhaps that money was fairly newly acquired for him, or it was incredibly difficult for him to attain.
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 10:57:45 PM

Money and material possessions isn't the root of happiness.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
wong RAP

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 12:27:49 AM

http://www.daftblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/tyler_durden_airplane-scene.png
Money and material possessions isn't the root of happiness.

Seriously love your title.
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 01:19:56 AM

This guy is right about a few things.

I'm amazed he keeps that much money in cash though.  You need to seriously trust the USD to do that.

grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 01:51:42 AM

Does happiness exist, anyway?   I mean, I know some people experience it.  Good to them.  But is it really reasonable to seek for that in your life?  Can't there be more "modest" goals?   Achievement, for instance?  Peace of mind?  Or just curiosity about what this amazingly changing world will be in thirty years?

I don't remember having experienced anything that looked like happiness.  I can't say I had a miserable life, it was just "ok", I guess.

Do you really need to be happy to make your life worthwhile?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 10:52:39 AM

Does happiness exist, anyway?   I mean, I know some people experience it.  Good to them.  But is it really reasonable to seek for that in your life?  Can't there be more "modest" goals?   Achievement, for instance?  Peace of mind?  Or just curiosity about what this amazingly changing world will be in thirty years?

I don't remember having experienced anything that looked like happiness.  I can't say I had a miserable life, it was just "ok", I guess.

Do you really need to be happy to make your life worthwhile?

"Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

The satisfaction of a job well done, the thrill of discovery at "living in the future," the sense of peace while gazing at a zen garden, all are forms of happiness. If you consider your life worthwhile, you are happy. Simply because you have not experienced transcendental joy does not mean you have never experienced happiness.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: