Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:28:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much Bitcoin have you donated?  (Read 3697 times)
ShetKid

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 11:26:06 AM

I haven't donated to any such institutions yet but I will someday when I win everything I have lost so far.

Which obviously would almost never happen. Maybe you should donate some in advance as you will anyways be donating them to the gambling websites either way .
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 02:54:25 PM

to be honest i never did it before and i don't know if any foundations and organizations accept bitcoin for donation
because most of foundations or organizations in my country only accept my currency as donation
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 07:09:16 PM

I haven't donated to any such institutions yet but I will someday when I win everything I have lost so far.

Which obviously would almost never happen. Maybe you should donate some in advance as you will anyways be donating them to the gambling websites either way .

Yeah to be honest I haven't donated for the good cause yet, but yes I have donated my bitcoins to gambling sites very often, As I am addicted  to gambling I keep on donating my bitcoins as I dont win so it is one kind of donation I am making but I am not aware about the institutions who accepts bitcoins so can't help.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 07:38:49 PM

over 100btc
over 5000ltc

but only because i been around since 2012 (when prices were lower)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
troleybüs
Legendary

Activity: 1424
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 08:35:47 PM

I donated for Wikileaks, Dorian Nakamoto, BurtW case, The Water Project, Sean's Outpost and some other charities I couldn't remember right now. I don't want to disclose the amount because it's a donation and it should be secret. But I'm writing this to encourage other users. Most charities do their work very good. Please support them.
mirana12345

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

PM me to buy traffic for your site!

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 09:06:36 PM

I only donated to pirate bay, because i like what they're doing, and i find Anakata to be awesome.
Everyone who appreciates p2p and anything decentralized should back it up in some way. However, i don't find it smart to donate to charity organizations, most of them are frauds imho.
Amount i donated was about 15$, since i don't have that much of funds.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 09:25:29 PM

i haven't donated anything in bitcoin as there isn't any local charity that does accept bitcoin donations. if they did accept bitcoin then i would definitely make a donation.
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1073

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 01:20:03 AM

Never, when I donate, I prefer to donate locally and directly to those who need, so less will be lost by the middle men. Of course they usually don't have a BTC wallet

Bud Spencer

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 05:11:11 AM

What is the largest amount that you guys have donated? I unfortunately have not donated anything, but i am planing to do so
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 05:43:09 AM

Well, my friend lost his girlfriend, so I gave him half a bitcoin as compensation. Get it? Half a bitcoin for half a relationship  Grin

But really, I did give him half a bitcoin. He spent almost all of it tipping girls online. Aren't I nice?

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 07:25:26 AM

I don't donate often, but when I do I use bitcoin. Wink

I have donated $5 worth of bitcoin here and there in past - usually to people whose stories I've liked, felt or connected with. Recently most of my donations are have been through ChangeTip.

makcik

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 03:32:38 PM

Donations are like a kind hearted movement by people.. Donating somewhere is a good habit. I have yet never donated anywhere in bitcoins. As I didn't still trust the communities present online.
The reason is some of them can be fraud too.
But, I'm sure if I have some bitcoins and at right time I'll donate it to a organization which helps the poor people.
kpitti
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 03:38:22 PM

I did not donate any Bitcoin so far. But when I will see good possibility to donate someone or some project then I will. The same I am duing with Fiat.
maudevang

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 04:08:20 PM

Well you donated atleast something. I have still not donated to something but the taxes what we pay goes also to donations.

So yeah. But I donate the most to my family first. Cheesy
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 04:13:21 PM

So far nothing. Not sure if I really would as there isn't any way for me to know they are actually spending it on things we donate for. That's why local charities are much better to donate to since you can see where your money gets used for.
CasioK

Activity: 826

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 07:05:36 AM

So far nothing. Not sure if I really would as there isn't any way for me to know they are actually spending it on things we donate for. That's why local charities are much better to donate to since you can see where your money gets used for.

Yes I too have not donated any bitcoins to any organization. But with the fiats I have donated to many orphanage houses and for some child educations. The reason is obvious, I do not want to spend bitcoin in anyways. That is the reason I am still in zero for the bitcoin donation.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 07:11:37 AM

alot. i would guess 2 BTC in the last months.

n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 08:18:08 AM

How many Bitcoin have you donated to charity or organization? I only donated... (a shame Embarrassed) 5000 Satoshi the other day using a faucet. I was lucky enough to hit the jackpot and got myself 7500 Satoshi. I saw there was a donate (to charity) button and so I decided to donate 5000 Satoshi. I know 5000 Satoshi might be worthless but... At least I help someone by.. a bit.

What about you? How much Bitcoin have you donated out? Please dont answer like .. "I send 1 BTC to a unknown address and never get back. I'll take it as a donation" or "I lost 2 BTC to PrimeDice. I'll take it as a donation.".

Edit: Check out the awesome list of charities which accept Bitcoin as donation. http://bitcoin100.org/charities/.

First important thing which must be noted in this case (in general) is that, someone, must have in order to donate. So if someone don't have or have very few, and for more earned with to much difficulty, even if he/she may have the desire to donate cannot do this. Following this reasoning I have few bitcoins, mostly bought with money earned with to much difficulty and sweat. Money removed from my little familiar budget which mean impossibility to do other necessary things for my family and myself. Now I am asking to you: Have meaning to donate something from those bitcoins? Even if you would answer yes I cannot satisfy your desire. I haven't donated never bitcoin and probably (if I will continue to be in the same situation) I will not donate bitcoins never. Even because I believe that bitcoin will have big value one day and is a wastage to spread those in this way. Maybe I can donate my local money to someone in need or in difficulty (and I made this sometimes) but this is not connected with the aim of this thread. So have not relevance.
FrostStick

Activity: 361

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 08:21:18 AM

I have donated around half my referral earnings on freebitco.in when I still use it to the charity freebitco.in offered.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 09:01:34 AM

If you guys wanted to donate your bitcoins to the right place you can go to
http://www.seansoutpost.com/
I've donated about $4 worth of bitcoin there, it isn't much but every bits help right guys Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: