Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:29:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Is British - Change the Forum Language Pack  (Read 1987 times)
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 05:43:15 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2015, 05:12:17 AM by ndnhc

That part is right. Satoshi is a Brit (and American for that matter). His name was his way of staying anonymous. Wink
If he was to create it this time around, he would have picked Kim Jing-urn etc. as his alias. Tom/Dick/Harry/Matt/Steve/Dan wouldn't work.

Before I began, I used to type in "colour" and "programme". Lately, whenever I write that I get a red bumpy underline and I, after a couple of years, was forced to switch to "color" and "program" instead all thanks to spell check.

At least I can save on keyboard depreciation. Grin

btw, I still use Biscuits (and Cookies), and Taxi (and Cabs) so I will get along with both. Wink

[rant]

Bitcoin belongs to the world, no doubt.

But it was invented in Britain.

Evidence 1:

If you could get a copy of the times article that satoshi quoted and mount it in a frame to hang on the wall.

The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

An actual copy of the newspaper would also be a "bitcoin collectible" item.

Evidence 2:

Just as the internet was invented by a Brit and then hijacked by the Yanks, so Bitcoin is slowly being hijacked by the Chinese and the Yanks.

I have no major beef about that, as such.

What I do have a beef about is having to correct the British spelling of words on this bloody forum.  

For example, the correct spelling of colour, is with a u. This forum has been set-up by Satoshi, a Brit (take a look at your posting times, they are European times), but I am forced to auto correct to the US spelling of color.

That spelling, among many hundreds of other vandalised words, was introduced as a 'fuck you' from the traitorous tail coats who went on to be the 'founding farther's' of America (founding, ha. it was never lost, ask the Native American Indians - see a bunch of thieves).

Satoshi didn't create Bitcoin or this forum so it could be hijacked by the Yanks.

It needs British English spelling by default.

Fix it.

[/rant]

(if you can't see the funny side or take a joke, don't respond)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 08:31:04 PM

HaHa The joke thread went to Meta!

Here's a reason why the forum should be in American English. Brits are too proper and courteous. There was a British Bitcoin forum started long ago (in 2011 I think) by a guy named Vladimir Marchenko. Vladimir was a whiny little Nancy Mary that constantly bitched about the lack of strict moderation on this forum (probably because he was a proper limey). He went from thread to thread here telling everyone about his great new forum. It was strictly moderated so conversations there seldom became obnoxious or developed into anything useful. Because his members had to behave, his forum never grew and eventually disappeared. This proves loudmouthed, obnoxious, crude, judgmental American pigs are necessary to make a successful Bitcoin forum. Now, because Americans, for the most part, are lazy, ignorant Neanderthals they need the forum default language to remain the English that they finally learned in 12th grade. if you start throwing a "z" at them where they expect an "s" or use "re" instead of "er" the plonkers will end up in a sticky wicket and commit harry-carry.

what forum exactly sir? i'm curious

I don't remember what he called it. It closed long ago. He was trying to make his forum the "official" Bitcoin forum. He probably only did it because, at that time, this forum was monstrously popular. The ad revenue would have been substantial. He was a scammer/profiteer that tried over and over again to start some retirement level company with Bitcoin. He and MatthewNWright started Bitcoin Magazine only to fuck that up and sell it to someone that could make it work but not before he ripped off a bunch of people. He had a mining pool that closed down. He tried to get investors to start an ASIC company that would be listed as UK based PLC but by the time he set that up he was known by too many people as a fuck up scammer so that never worked. He always had some new vaporware he was pushing.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: