Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 03:28:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Miningrigrentals and Betarigs Renters......  (Read 1043 times)
thedreamer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 06:40:51 PM

For goodness sake, learn to PROPERLY configure your damn pool settings, difficulty or how you rent.

Over the past 2 weeks I've had more people rent scrypt and SHA256 rigs from me that had no clue how to properly setup a pool or how
to fracking READ the rig description, where it is explained in the simplest terms how to set the rigs up.

Then they blame everything on the rig even though it was fine before and after the rental . Go figure..

LEARN TO SETUP POOLS or DO NOT RENT!

Go Big or Go Home.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 08:37:08 PM

Thankfully MRR protects you as the rig owner in these cases.  I've had people rent my rigs and fail to setup proper pools, or to setup backups, resulting in them getting no hash rate.  They can blame you all they want, but they won't get any coin refunded for things that are their fault.  Meanwhile, your gear fails over to your own backup pool and mines for you during the contract.  Any time I see this occur on my rigs, I always contact the renter to inform them that something is wrong on their end.

Not sure how betarigs handles this scenario, but MRR has done a great job of it for me.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 11:56:53 PM

I'm afraid people who don't read your instructions on MRR certainly won't read this either. XD

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
gallery2000

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 01:44:14 AM

Do you think they know how to read English?  Would the instructions in Swahili help?

thedreamer (OP)
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 04:07:45 AM

I just had to vent. It's so frustrating.

MRR tends to refund a lot of rentals with bad pool setup, and support has to be contacted to return the refunded amount or to have them remove the RPI negative hit, so looks like they don't really look into rentals that get refunds in detail, just look at the 'averages' which don't mean anything as it is averaged over a short period before end of the rental.

Betarigs seems to do it on a one by one basis, so you have to contact tech support also but seems to look into detail if the renter is wrong or not.

Go Big or Go Home.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 05:56:24 AM

everyone wants to get in this game, and cookie-cutter solutions are still too hard for most people.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 07:17:56 AM

ah yeah, but those people some times are also in the opposite site, those that can't understand, i remember when "playing" there at MMR i was asking the owner of the rented machine to change the version of cgminer because it was not good with my device

he didn't understand shit and changed nothing, it was onyl a waste of mining, we are lucky that MMR has a great support and automatic refund
miningrigrentals

Activity: 132
Merit: 130

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 11:39:26 AM

For goodness sake, learn to PROPERLY configure your damn pool settings, difficulty or how you rent.

Over the past 2 weeks I've had more people rent scrypt and SHA256 rigs from me that had no clue how to properly setup a pool or how
to fracking READ the rig description, where it is explained in the simplest terms how to set the rigs up.

Then they blame everything on the rig even though it was fine before and after the rental . Go figure..

From time to time we will see a comment that seems to think we have bias to the renters or bias to the rig owners. The truth is a service like ours will always rely on both rig owners and renters. Our service cannot exist without both.

Our system has many tools that facilitate our review process but we do manually review every single rental that processes through our system. It is not impossible to get it wrong the first time. However, throughout our system we have quick links for you to reach support or submit a ticket. We're always happy to review a rental you might have a concern with as we would never pretend that a mistake could not be made. I'm sure if you check around the user base you will find that we never charge a mistake against the rig owner or renter and simply refund from our own funds.

In 90% of the requests for review it is easy enough to look at the charts and see that a rig operates flawlessly before and after the rental period. We then look at comments made in communications to see how responsive both parties were. The next step is to exam the hashrate vs worker difficulty and all of the reported pool messages. Our system to the decimal point then provides an accurate refund amount.

Rent some Hash @ MiningRigRentals!!Lease out your rig, or rent some extra hash today! Live Hashrate graphs, multiple backup pools, many algos and fast and friendly support as well Wink
thedreamer (OP)
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 01:12:26 PM

From time to time we will see a comment that seems to think we have bias to the renters or bias to the rig owners. The truth is a service like ours will always rely on both rig owners and renters. Our service cannot exist without both.

Our system has many tools that facilitate our review process but we do manually review every single rental that processes through our system. It is not impossible to get it wrong the first time. However, throughout our system we have quick links for you to reach support or submit a ticket. We're always happy to review a rental you might have a concern with as we would never pretend that a mistake could not be made. I'm sure if you check around the user base you will find that we never charge a mistake against the rig owner or renter and simply refund from our own funds.

In 90% of the requests for review it is easy enough to look at the charts and see that a rig operates flawlessly before and after the rental period. We then look at comments made in communications to see how responsive both parties were. The next step is to exam the hashrate vs worker difficulty and all of the reported pool messages. Our system to the decimal point then provides an accurate refund amount.

All of which is great, but it's after the fact a rental is done and the ticket has to be opened and you have to baby sit every rental, to check for credit backs in case the hash rate was less or incorrect difficulty taking a long time to get properly set to the miner, etc..

This message is for the renters, not a jab at any rental services.

Go Big or Go Home.
diodio1

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 02:08:56 PM

I'm afraid people who don't read your instructions on MRR certainly won't read this either. XD

sure they will not read this  Grin . too lazy to read.
blaming everything to rigs owner sigh ....

BurHan Alassad
Norther front commander for web security in Syrian Electronic ARMY.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: