Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:58:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [AXIOM] AxiomMemHash, Schnorr Sigs Implemented, APOS 3.0, AXH 2.0 Proposed  (Read 204910 times)
itismoney4me

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 01:07:19 PM

Not arguing with you but this will be my last post about this but you completely misunderstood my post "no".

I highlighted your "XMG, cpu only coin". That is what I meant "no" too. It is not cpu only and there is a gpu miner that is private and most likely will stay that way.

I only posted that so someone reading it won't think that and then go over there to mine to find out there is one and start some mess in the thread over there. No sense in that happening when it exists.

And no I do not have it.

May be there is a private GPU miner for magi coin but, with re-targeting reward system of magi coin, higher hash rate is not essential for profitable mining of magi coin. The reward for magi coin in last ten days varied from 0.9 to over 30 coins per block. We must believed that we can not simply ignore the power of GPUs and programming skill of community members. It is all dependent on creativity of Dev teams to provide as much possible GPU resistance coin. Something that actually happened with Magi coin and Bytecent. (Sorry for my bad English Embarrassed)   
birdcat90

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 02:17:35 PM

its look like i must wait for another weeks to see the price move up..

no problem as long im not selling bellow buy price...keep my faith on this coin

<a href="http://www.freebiebitcoin.com">Earn free bitcoin</a>
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 06:09:34 PM

Wrong thread? This is not a announcement thread for a signature campaign. you should go to the Services section instead.

Name:    AxiomCryptocurrency
Activity:    42
Position:    Jr. Member
Date Registered:    24 July 2015, 12:39:42
Last Active:    Today at 06:58:33

Roll Eyes
Krypt0Fr3ak

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 09:03:14 PM

hey,

I have a question to david1365, If you have such a large position in this project (at least you did have a couple pages back)
Can you prove this to the community so we can see you're not full of shit? A simple Screenshot of your wallet balance will suffice.

Could you also direct me to where the conversations with the respective devs are taking place AND provide detailed copies of the actual conversation backlog (pastebin will do)
Or could someone else who has also been involved with these conversations/suggestions could please provide above info.

I think if there is actual substance to this proposal it can be easily meet with sufficient confidence by the AXIOM community.

FYI, it's a relatively simple fix to make it futile/cost prohibitive to GPU miners. re-jig the algo pipeline and increase the round..
For the moment I believe there are attempts to make a public GPU miner freely available to the community, until this project can have a small re-write & correction to the code for this matter to be fully resolved.

As for 100k AXIOM IMO thats a little north of what is a proper & true reflection for the costs involved to correct this work .

The CPU Vs. GPU issue is not the main thing to be wary about. There has NOT been a proper breakdowns for PoS.
This should be the area to focus on as atm GPU miners are getting maybe  X3-X4 but PoS can be much greater return if manipulated properly.

I am trying not to say much as to damage this project in public but with lack of leadership to direct my concerns towards coupled with the pretty obvious "altcoin dev for hire" pitch is of concern. at least david1365 is trying to galvanize support
ozboy2014

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 01:40:06 AM

Wrong thread? This is not a announcement thread for a signature campaign. you should go to the Services section instead.

Last Active:    Today at 06:58:33

Roll Eyes

huh? wrong in da head? why do you think I've put it there for?

Summary - AxiomCryptocurrency
Last Active:    28 August 2015, 22:36:40
Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 10:09:21 AM

face it, this project is at a total standstill.

Original dev vanished, PR manager has been silent as well.

There MAY have been interest from an outside dev, but with no (public) response from the PR manager, interest died.
Community takeover was mentioned, but again, without ANY word from someone on the original team, interest died.

Would probably be best to stick the proverbial fork in this coin and call it a day.

IF there is interest and support for the AxiomMemHash algo from the community, make a new coin instead of trying to beat this dead horse back to life.
CoinClass

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 01:37:39 PM

pump & dump and gone,,, dev is piece of shit
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 02:05:29 PM

There MAY have been interest from an outside dev, but with no (public) response from the PR manager, interest died.
Community takeover was mentioned, but again, without ANY word from someone on the original team, interest died.

Would probably be best to stick the proverbial fork in this coin and call it a day.

IF there is interest and support for the AxiomMemHash algo from the community, make a new coin instead of trying to beat this dead horse back to life.

The entire premise of this coin was to be GPU resistant.  From the ANN: "Acknowledging the private GPU miner problem".  It failed at it's core purpose.  Within days there were private GPU miners.  There is not a private GPU miner problem.  That problem has been solved by using algorithms that have public GPU miners available.  This coin that was supposedly intended to solve the "private GPU" problem actually created it's own "private GPU" issue by not releasing a public GPU miner.  I find it odd that they could come up with this algo but not a GPU miner when many others were able to develop a GPU miner.  It doesn't add up.  That's why I believe the coin was launched with a private GPU miner from the beginning.

If all this coin has is an algorithm that failed to accomplish it's core purpose then it's failed.  What are the benefits of using the AxiomMemHash algorithm?  There still isn't a publicly released GPU miner.     
bt62567

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 04:33:32 PM

The entire premise of this coin was to be GPU resistant.  From the ANN: "Acknowledging the private GPU miner problem".  It failed at it's core purpose.  Within days there were private GPU miners.  There is not a private GPU miner problem.  That problem has been solved by using algorithms that have public GPU miners available.  This coin that was supposedly intended to solve the "private GPU" problem actually created it's own "private GPU" issue by not releasing a public GPU miner.  I find it odd that they could come up with this algo but not a GPU miner when many others were able to develop a GPU miner.  It doesn't add up.  That's why I believe the coin was launched with a private GPU miner from the beginning.

If all this coin has is an algorithm that failed to accomplish it's core purpose then it's failed.  What are the benefits of using the AxiomMemHash algorithm?  There still isn't a publicly released GPU miner.    

There are some problems with this though maybe. First the efficiency when translated to a gpu is minimal. If there way to make gpu mining completely obsolete you probably would see it by now, right?. Second, what I just said may be wrong, as in, without knowing how optimized the cpu miner is compared to what it could be, its kind of hard to make statements like that, no? A cpu miner might be able to be optimized much further, further than a gpu. I don't think its a simple copy paste when translating something to be hashed with a gpu. Are you a miner developer? I am just saying in thought that another coin with this algo may still have some merit, but maybe this will too. Dev might just not have anything to say at this point and is still working on things, but I don't really care because I have written this off already.

edit: On top of that the ongoing pow and pos continuously seems like it could be a good hashing solution. There are not many coins that continue a pow into the pos phase. That kept me interested more than anything I suppose.
SRBOOTH

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 04:48:54 PM

The entire premise of this coin was to be GPU resistant.  From the ANN: "Acknowledging the private GPU miner problem".  It failed at it's core purpose.  Within days there were private GPU miners.  There is not a private GPU miner problem.  That problem has been solved by using algorithms that have public GPU miners available.  This coin that was supposedly intended to solve the "private GPU" problem actually created it's own "private GPU" issue by not releasing a public GPU miner.  I find it odd that they could come up with this algo but not a GPU miner when many others were able to develop a GPU miner.  It doesn't add up.  That's why I believe the coin was launched with a private GPU miner from the beginning.

If all this coin has is an algorithm that failed to accomplish it's core purpose then it's failed.  What are the benefits of using the AxiomMemHash algorithm?  There still isn't a publicly released GPU miner.     

I agree with your comments. What I don't understand is why no one who already owns a GPU miner hasn't just released it. Seeing as how the GPU advantage is no greater than those for Monero, releasing it may keep up interest in Axiom the way it stands at least until some rework can be done.

This CPU/GPU isssue was very common in many early still successful algos. As far as the/any advantage to preferring using AxiomMemHash to another is likely yet to be seen if/when the mining and staking particulars are ironed out. IMHO the absence of public GPU release is due to the fact that another round of higher rewards is still upcoming, and there may be dev support whether the original or a prospective replacement team, that are waiting take advantage of this round prior to implementing updates/fixes that would then rally support....a tactical move if you will.
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 04:53:37 PM

The entire premise of this coin was to be GPU resistant.  From the ANN: "Acknowledging the private GPU miner problem".  It failed at it's core purpose.  Within days there were private GPU miners.  There is not a private GPU miner problem.  That problem has been solved by using algorithms that have public GPU miners available.  This coin that was supposedly intended to solve the "private GPU" problem actually created it's own "private GPU" issue by not releasing a public GPU miner.  I find it odd that they could come up with this algo but not a GPU miner when many others were able to develop a GPU miner.  It doesn't add up.  That's why I believe the coin was launched with a private GPU miner from the beginning.

If all this coin has is an algorithm that failed to accomplish it's core purpose then it's failed.  What are the benefits of using the AxiomMemHash algorithm?  There still isn't a publicly released GPU miner.    

There are some problems with this though maybe. First the efficiency when translated to a gpu is minimal. If there way to make gpu mining completely obsolete you probably would see it by now, right?. Second, what I just said may be wrong, as in, without knowing how optimized the cpu miner is compared to what it could be, its kind of hard to make statements like that, no? A cpu miner might be able to be optimized much further, further than a gpu. I don't think its a simple copy paste when translating something to be hashed with a gpu. Are you a miner developer? I am just saying in thought that another coin with this algo may still have some merit, but maybe this will too. Dev might just not have anything to say at this point and is still working on things, but I don't really care because I have written this off already.

edit: On top of that the ongoing pow and pos continuously seems like it could be a good hashing solution. There are not many coins that continue a pow into the pos phase. That kept me interested more than anything I suppose.

The efficiency doesn't necessarily matter.  While these CPU only coins are chugging along with people using their I5''s, some guy comes in with a GPU miner getting 300% more hashrate and is running four or more cards on multiple rigs.  He is going to have an advantage.  He might not even be paying for electricity because he's still living at home with his parents.  Those coins typically all get dumped as fast as they are mined before the hype wears off the coin.  A 300% advantage is not minimal and in the early stages of a coin it is highly advantageous.  
bt62567

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 06:46:58 PM

The efficiency doesn't necessarily matter.  While these CPU only coins are chugging along with people using their I5''s, some guy comes in with a GPU miner getting 300% more hashrate and is running four or more cards on multiple rigs.  He is going to have an advantage.  He might not even be paying for electricity because he's still living at home with his parents.  Those coins typically all get dumped as fast as they are mined before the hype wears off the coin.  A 300% advantage is not minimal and in the early stages of a coin it is highly advantageous.  

The efficiency does and doesn't matter which is obvious. From what has been shown by developers (maybe double of a 6 core i7 at double the power consumption), the efficiency is minimal, so it does in fact matter, and there is no way to argue around that? Again without being a experienced miner developer you have no way of stating that there is an inherent flaw in the hashing of the algo. You obviously weren't here in the early stages because there was no significant hashrate early on, despite the fact of there not being a 300% advantage once gpu miners did come around.

As for releasing a gpu miner, if you were a developer mining the coin with gpu's, why release it? Just so difficulty can go up more? There were gpu miners offered, but no one wanted to pay, because cpu's were within the same efficiency.
Tortoise75

Activity: 346

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 12:07:45 AM

Even if it was CPU only there are people who can use, lets say, 4 double 18 core Xeon rigs. Or someone who has dozens of these I5 machine he can run at night. If it's a company he might even safe money on power by using more. For example here companies have to use a certain amount of power if they want to be freed from a renewable energy tax. There are always people having an advantage, the question is just by how much using what and in most cases efficiency does matter.
SRBOOTH

Activity: 309

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 01:50:22 AM

I believe the inevitable conclusion that this discussion will arrive at is not so much the fault in this algo or any good algo for that matter, but in POW itself. Advantages at the beginning, middle or end will always exist i.e. Bitcoin proper. Perhaps that is what those of us who are asking the same questions over and over again, trying to find an "edge", should work on solving instead of trying to mete out the "he said she said" of the situation. We were/are all just trying to get lucky if we're going to be honest about it.

Satoshi invented the wheel, now we need to figure out what we are going to do with that wheel that makes it something others will want to use. Many of us here are far more appreciative of the science, the math, the technology of it all than the rest of the world. What we create in this field is scary and foreign to most others primarily because they do not understand it nor do I believe they want to.

The methods for trustless networks are proven, now it is a matter of concealing the gears of that machination and wrapping it all up in something that catches the eye. I know that many of these things are being developed right here in BCT and a few have some good promise. The key is going to be getting people to work together to profit without greed, a lofty goal indeed.

I would propose a non-profit charitable organization that rewards the network "donators"  (cpu/gpu) in coin (yet to be created), and cash donations converted to the created coin as well as to pay developers and officers and all remaining proceeds go to ---(pick charitable cause here)---. One must understand that even if remaining proceeds are $1, this is still a charity, although we would all hope for much more to help others with.

Think about it.....PM me if this is something any of you might be serious about.....I own the web domain names (which I bought 18 months ago) www.cryptocross.org (as in the redcross.org) thecryptocross.org and cryptocrossglobal.org ....aren't you all ready to make this work for a reason??

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2015, 03:31:13 AM

Even with merged mining Proof of Work is not always such a great idea, without out is stupid, it is hard enough to get enough hashing power to secure a coin if you do use merged mining, ridiculously unlikely without it. Part of what is so scammy about most new coins is the very fact the creators do not care about making it secure, they are just out to dump it, so they make it proof of work so they can instamine it and do not care about its long term security because they will not be in it long term anyway.

They don't like to start it with merged mining because then the big miners already set up to merged mine will get most of the coins, but look what DOGE did, no merged mining at first so the existing miners might not all jump on it, then merged mining later once they got their hoard of coins and actually decided the damn thing might be worth securing.

Meanwhile all these scams coming out without merged mining seems to be detracting from merged mined coins, as miners and speculators alike all jump on the latest scams each day instead of settling down to secure the few coins that we might actually be able to make secure by merging them all together.

Some day folks are going to realise that a currency needs to be secure, this storm of scams of the day surely is not going to forever be more profitable than actually securing a few blockchains for the long haul?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 01:13:30 PM

Even with merged mining Proof of Work is not always such a great idea, without out is stupid, it is hard enough to get enough hashing power to secure a coin if you do use merged mining, ridiculously unlikely without it. Part of what is so scammy about most new coins is the very fact the creators do not care about making it secure, they are just out to dump it, so they make it proof of work so they can instamine it and do not care about its long term security because they will not be in it long term anyway.

They don't like to start it with merged mining because then the big miners already set up to merged mine will get most of the coins, but look what DOGE did, no merged mining at first so the existing miners might not all jump on it, then merged mining later once they got their hoard of coins and actually decided the damn thing might be worth securing.

Meanwhile all these scams coming out without merged mining seems to be detracting from merged mined coins, as miners and speculators alike all jump on the latest scams each day instead of settling down to secure the few coins that we might actually be able to make secure by merging them all together.

Some day folks are going to realise that a currency needs to be secure, this storm of scams of the day surely is not going to forever be more profitable than actually securing a few blockchains for the long haul?

-MarkM-

Someday Mark, someday my friend. I hope we are alive to see it and or mould it enough for future generations to benifit.

I really hope we can influence change soon enough so the future gens wont feel the need to point the finger at us saying "What screwups" and "They could have made this easier by pushing for change then, now its impossible and not secure"

P.S Keep up the good works and the great mindset. I have followed you for some time now.
birdcat90

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 02:08:47 PM

just sold my AXIOM for some cash because urgent matter..

but i still believe this coin will survive this storm..new dev take this coin already?

<a href="http://www.freebiebitcoin.com">Earn free bitcoin</a>
LordCoder

Activity: 712

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 02:26:49 PM

but i still believe this coin will survive this storm..new dev take this coin already?

A fork of this would be fine too.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 02:47:46 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2015, 04:42:11 PM by bones261

A fork of this would be fine too.

Well, I was working on trying to fork this coin, but there are a lot of barriers. First of all, there appears to be some leftover junk. For example, the icons folder still has unused blackcoin icons in it. Also, I am unsure if the stuff in the contrib file is even usable. Stuff still refers to blackcoin. Second, when I try to compile a daemon (not the qt), for Axiom, I get a fatal error. Like a file is missing or something. I guess a daemon would not be necessary since the qt seems to compile OK for Axiom.
Oh well, I am probably not the best candidate to fork this coin anyway. It would be copy and paste with only a few modifications. Plus, this would be my first go at it, so I would probably screw it up royal.
I'll keep trying though, since this is a great learning experience. I'll probably keep the fork private though, since I'm far from ready for the big time.  Cheesy
IncludeBeer
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 06:26:15 PM

-MarkM-

Well said.  I sincerely hope a secure coin can eventually be more profitable, but as with everything in life, there are those scumbags who will try to make profit exactly as you described.  All we can do is continually innovate so crypto is harder to cheat.  Coin Magi is a good example of this, with their dynamically adjusted block rewards (doesn't exactly stop deadbeat clones from being made, but it's an excellent innovation against other issues, imo).

Grow the Dividend Snek! (pm me if you have questions)
https://powh.io/?masternode=0x1f9b145fdaef2b82aef29c2f3c9b875a8b017512
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 »
  Print  

Jump to: