Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:13:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 149 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [AXIOM] AxiomMemHash, Schnorr Sigs Implemented, APOS 3.0, AXH 2.0 Proposed  (Read 204910 times)
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:03:57 AM

And now the network weight at the high of the day, almost double what was 3 hours ago...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:13:03 AM

And now the network weight at the high of the day, almost double what was 3 hours ago...

Some people must have some big inputs that they should spit.
Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:55:14 AM

Europe works; neither USA nor Japan do.

Where is my previous balance though? It re-started from zero...

Edit: The total balance, upon review, is correct though, just not in the interface.

Nicehash has always maintained separate balances for each algo AND location. However, a recent update will now calculate the total balance for the entire "account" (BTC address) across all locations and algos. That total balance is what is now used for payouts and now fixes the situation where someone could have a "dead-balance" on a particular location.

Example:
I mine primarily on USA servers and have accumulated 0.003 BTC across all USA algos. One day I had connection issues with the USA servers and decided to fallback to the EU servers, and gaining 0.001 BTC there.

Before the recent change, even though my total "balance" was 0.004 BTC (the minimum for triggering a daily payout), payout thresholds were being calculated individually for each location, thus not triggering a payout at all for that day.

You can switch the location using the drop down on the left side of your stats page (EU or USA/JP/HK). It is a little confusing at first, and possibly frightening if you don't realize how balances are stored with Nicehash, but you should be able to verify that you indeed do have exactly the amount you expected to have.
Jake-R

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:01:48 AM

I have been Axiom mining at NiceHash with the new miner all day and just started getting these errors, is anybody else getting them? How do you resolve this? I have restarted my router and PC.

My connectivity issue seems to have cleared up. All 3 of my workstations are mining now. On the San Jose server.
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:02:10 AM

I'm going to ask this once more; does the dev have any ideas other than cpu mining and fake volume for this coin? I swear, I will never post again if he doesn't respond (this thread wouldn't be worth the time).

Hi Chesthing, It's obvious to us you haven't read the ann, or that you're just trying to passively imply that we've done these things you state we have so that newcomers to the thread are put off by your statements as the price continues to approach initial listing values. The volume is not fake, and the amount of people visiting this ann clearly defines that. We have many plans, one of which is to completely revamp current POS technology and fix several known exploits, the other is to continue to harden the algorithm against asic and gpu technology. We're also looking in to other forms of encryption to further the coin from the NSA tech that most coins are derived from.

Ok, I'm impressed - I simply selected "engage miner" and my cpu has already mined 10 coins today. This is a big deal, sorry I didn't do much research.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:03:27 AM

Europe works; neither USA nor Japan do.

Where is my previous balance though? It re-started from zero...

Edit: The total balance, upon review, is correct though, just not in the interface.

Nicehash has always maintained separate balances for each algo AND location. However, a recent update will now calculate the total balance for the entire "account" (BTC address) across all locations and algos. That total balance is what is now used for payouts and now fixes the situation where someone could have a "dead-balance" on a particular location.

Example:
I mine primarily on USA servers and have accumulated 0.003 BTC across all USA algos. One day I had connection issues with the USA servers and decided to fallback to the EU servers, and gaining 0.001 BTC there.

Before the recent change, even though my total "balance" was 0.004 BTC (the minimum for triggering a daily payout), payout thresholds were being calculated individually for each location, thus not triggering a payout at all for that day.

You can switch the location using the drop down on the left side of your stats page (EU or USA/JP/HK). It is a little confusing at first, and possibly frightening if you don't realize how balances are stored with Nicehash, but you should be able to verify that you indeed do have exactly the amount you expected to have.

You are right but I already posted that.
infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:05:47 AM

I'm going to ask this once more; does the dev have any ideas other than cpu mining and fake volume for this coin? I swear, I will never post again if he doesn't respond (this thread wouldn't be worth the time).

Hi Chesthing, It's obvious to us you haven't read the ann, or that you're just trying to passively imply that we've done these things you state we have so that newcomers to the thread are put off by your statements as the price continues to approach initial listing values. The volume is not fake, and the amount of people visiting this ann clearly defines that. We have many plans, one of which is to completely revamp current POS technology and fix several known exploits, the other is to continue to harden the algorithm against asic and gpu technology. We're also looking in to other forms of encryption to further the coin from the NSA tech that most coins are derived from.

Ok, I'm impressed - I simply selected "engage miner" and my cpu has already mined 10 coins today. This is a big deal, sorry I didn't do much research.

what kind of CPU are you using Chestthing?
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:07:36 AM

I believe what you did was "stake", not POW mining. The "engage miner" I believe renders minimal -if any- result in a normal CPU (and so does the enhanced system with NiceHash), nowhere near 10 coins a day. The POS staking is different and the results are much, much better... depending on how many mature coins you have staking. Those "mined" 10 coins are staked coins. 200 or more coins per day are to be expected if you have a balance around 20-25k mature axiom.

By way of comparison, a NiceHash system with a non-recent computer (SSE), would  mine around 20-25,000 sat in 24 hours... less than any decent faucet... Not worth it at all.
chesthing
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:15:29 AM

what kind of CPU are you using Chestthing?

It's a quad core, forgot what model.
chesthing
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:16:39 AM

I believe what you did was "stake", not POW mining. The "engage miner" I believe renders minimal -if any- result in a normal CPU (and so does the enhanced system with NiceHash), nowhere near 10 coins a day. The POS staking is different and the results are much, much better... depending on how many mature coins you have staking. Those "mined" 10 coins are staked coins. 200 or more coins per day are to be expected if you have a balance around 20-25k mature axiom.

By way of comparison, a NiceHash system with a non-recent computer (SSE), would  mine around 20-25,000 sat in 24 hours... less than any decent faucet... Not worth it at all.

I bought my first coins 3 hours ago, it says "not staking because coins are not mature" - I'm assuming they came in because my cpu was mining them.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:22:13 AM

By way of comparison, a NiceHash system with a non-recent computer (SSE), would  mine around 20-25,000 sat in 24 hours... less than any decent faucet... Not worth it at all.

I bought my first coins 3 hours ago, it says "not staking because coins are not mature" - I'm assuming they came in because my cpu was mining them.
It must be. Makes no sense though. Not to me... I must be missing on something here.
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:38:05 AM

By way of comparison, a NiceHash system with a non-recent computer (SSE), would  mine around 20-25,000 sat in 24 hours... less than any decent faucet... Not worth it at all.

It must be. Makes no sense though. Not to me... I must be missing on something here.

He got lucky.
JimmyRigs

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:41:45 AM

I could be wrong but the pos blocks should have your wallet address, mined pow coins will have a random address. I have mined 2 blocks using the wallet both had a random address and both for 5 coins when I checked on the block explorer they both show as new coins. I got another mined tonight but this time for 5.00004 with my address so I checked block explorer again and this one was pos.

Those 2 mined blocks were in the last 24 hours using an i5 3470, maybe not likely to happen but it does.
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:45:21 AM

I could be wrong but the pos blocks should have your wallet address, mined pow coins will have a random address. I have mined 2 blocks using the wallet both had a random address and both for 5 coins when I checked on the block explorer they both show as new coins. I got another mined tonight but this time for 5.00004 with my address so I checked block explorer again and this one was pos.

Those 2 mined blocks were in the last 24 hours using an i5 3470, maybe not likely to happen but it does.
Yes, each POW block is paid to a new address. POS blocks are paid to the same address as the input.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:57:15 AM

Yes, each POW block is paid to a new address. POS blocks are paid to the same address as the input.

So, if the address that comes with the block paid to the wallet, is yours, it is a POS block; if it isn't, is it a POW block?

Then, besides the POW blocks NiceHash pays you (a pittance, but actually pays you) in BTC something extra?

So fucking confused...

In any case, I receive payments with two addresses only -so no randomness here-: Mine and another one, but all the blocks with one or the other, no other addresses whatsoever.
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 06:09:08 AM

So, if the address that comes with the block paid to the wallet, is yours, it is a POS block; if it isn't, is it a POW block?

Then, besides the POW blocks NiceHash pays you (a pittance, but actually pays you) in BTC something extra?

So fucking confused...

Basically, all the addresses are yours. Your wallet can have hundreds of addresses. Thousands if you wanted them. If you get a POS block, the reward pays to the address the coins that stake were on. If you solo mine, the POW block pays to a new address that is created for your wallet. If you point your cpu to nicehash, people are paying nicehash bitcoin to mine for them, and in turn, nicehash is paying you for the mining they got paid for. If you point your cpu to suprnova, you can request suprnova send your proceeds to any address you wish. Either one of the addresses for your wallet or directly to the exchange.
My wallet has five addresses right now. These addresses originated with the 5 POW blocks that I mined early. Now my POS blocks pay to one of the 5 addresses in my wallet.
ozboy2014

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 06:10:09 AM

your wallet unlocked for staking?
ozboy2014

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 06:15:05 AM

So fucking confused...

In any case, I receive payments with two addresses only -so no randomness here-: Mine and another one, but all the blocks with one or the other, no other addresses whatsoever.
what's the payout with Nicehash?
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 06:20:35 AM

So fucking confused...

What I believe I am getting is something like 2,800 sat for every 100 accepted blocks. which is next to nothing. Now, if the 5 axiom block come directly to my wallet, with a different address than my own, it could be significant, up to 4 blocks in one hour even, most times less than that but still significant. The Stake coming to my address with my address, is no problem at all, so I assume the wallet is unlocked for staking, yes.
ozboy2014

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 06:27:37 AM

So fucking confused...

What I believe I am getting is something like 2,800 sat for every 100 accepted blocks. which is next to nothing. Now, if the 5 axiom block come directly to my wallet, with a different address than my own, it could be significant, up to 4 blocks in one hour even, most times less than that but still significant. The Stake coming to my address with my address, is no problem at all, so I assume the wallet is unlocked for staking, yes.

Thanks barabbas
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 149 »
  Print  

Jump to: