Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:05:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting from the bottom now we... need help  (Read 934 times)
wowotek (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 11:50:01 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2015, 05:53:08 AM by wowotek

Greetings.

I'm pretty-blah-blah new to bitcoin, especially bitcoin mining. from couple of months i've started Bitcoin investments, and i make pretty much profit.

After doing a lot of (i mean A LOT) research about bitcoin mining i still cannot figure it out, in one side they said simply take big GHs with high electrical efficiency which can make you more profitable. but another side said, the GHs and electrical efficiency not enough information to say you more profitable, there's Overclocking, Underclocking, undervoltage, DC/DC converter, PSU, Internet Bill, Fan Annoying Noise, (i found one man talk to me that if you put your ASIC miner 6 feet or more above the ground, make slightly more profitable).

So the conclusion is, i don't really understand what people say about mining(there is always people arguing each other which make me confuse). And now i just need the practical example from you guys who started Bitcoin mining who have lot of experience. and i know i need to experimenting about bitcoin mining, but why not ask people who experienced than to spend a lot of money to experiment? right ?(RIGHT ?). for more information what i need is :
 1. I don't really worry about noises;
 2. I have a budget about $400, $500 top;
 3. I have a Electrical Generator Equipment including: Solar Panels(1500W) for backup or even for Main supply. Grid electric bills is $0.025/kWh
 4. Not worrying about room.
 5. More Profit(or GHs or blah blah) and less Electrical Consumption.(hhhh... yes i need More Profit and low capital need. just take PROFIT to the top)
 6. I have cat(s)

Please i need straight, simple answer like what is your full equipment, what is your profit per day, per week, per year. Thank you i really really really appreciate your help guys. Thank you so much.

Edit 28/07/2015 :i found from my calculation that lot of cloud mining provider seems give you profit. but from a bunch of rules from each provider they really make you loss. as huge as -$9 a day, Yes minus. And also i need to straighten the budget; $500 is only for the Miner, i already have ATX power supply, FREE 1300W half of a day (in my country 6am - 12pm). || and also can y'all give me more information about Scrypt vs SHA-256 mining ? which more profitable with my capital.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 11:58:10 AM

im not a miner, but i would say that 500 probably isnt enough of a budget to start mining. as for profits, it should take you a few months to roi, and even after that profits will be marginal, and the asic technology might have advanced beyond whatever miner you ended up buying. also, whats the basis for this claim? sounds like complete bs to me.

(i found one man talk to me that if you put your ASIC miner 6 feet or more above the ground, make slightly more profitable).

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 12:28:44 PM

Here, check this out: http://motherboard.vice.com/read/chinas-biggest-secret-bitcoin-mine

ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 02:48:43 PM

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison about mining hardware comparison.
The list of difficult coins, including btc: http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency

Looks like you're optimistic with mining. Good luck.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 03:04:50 PM

Your power costs are exceedingly cheap, so mining could certainly be profitable for you.  A budget of $500 will not get you a lot of hardware, though.  For that money you're looking at an S5, which will hash at about 1155 GH/s.

Your profit entirely depends on the network difficulty and the exchange rate.  As of right now, that S5 would expect to mine 0.01111BTC a day... Or about $3.19.  The S5 draws 590W, so given your rate, will run you $0.354 a day.  Therefore if you were mining right now you'd net about $2.83.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Karpeles
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 03:08:37 PM

Your power costs are exceedingly cheap, so mining could certainly be profitable for you.  A budget of $500 will not get you a lot of hardware, though.  For that money you're looking at an S5, which will hash at about 1155 GH/s.

Your profit entirely depends on the network difficulty and the exchange rate.  As of right now, that S5 would expect to mine 0.01111BTC a day... Or about $3.19.  The S5 draws 590W, so given your rate, will run you $0.354 a day.  Therefore if you were mining right now you'd net about $2.83.

You can buy directly from China for cheaper, more miners, less price.

And mining is profitable even with $500 budget, so I guess that people forecasting a mining collapse are just bullshitting
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 04:29:54 PM

And mining is profitable even with $500 budget, so I guess that people forecasting a mining collapse are just bullshitting

the problem is not the initial investment, the problem is electricity and always will be, it does not matter if i have 500k to invest in mining if my rate is 0.2 kw/h, it's a big waste of money

with 500(unless they rised the price recently) he can also buy 5 s3(used, if electricity isn't a problem which would consume around 1700w and produce 0.02 per day
GermanGiant

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 04:35:44 PM

Greetings.

I'm pretty-blah-blah new to bitcoin, especially bitcoin mining. from couple of months i've started Bitcoin investments, and i make pretty much profit.

After doing a lot of (i mean A LOT) research about bitcoin mining i still cannot figure it out, in one side they said simply take big GHs with high electrical efficiency which can make you more profitable. but another side said, the GHs and electrical efficiency not enough information to say you more profitable, there's Overclocking, Underclocking, undervoltage, DC/DC converter, PSU, Internet Bill, Fan Annoying Noise, (i found one man talk to me that if you put your ASIC miner 6 feet or more above the ground, make slightly more profitable).

So the conclusion is, i don't really understand what people say about mining(there is always people arguing each other which make me confuse). And now i just need the practical example from you guys who started Bitcoin mining who have lot of experience. and i know i need to experimenting about bitcoin mining, but why not ask people who experienced than to spend a lot of money to experiment? right ?(RIGHT ?). for more information what i need is :
 1. I don't really worry about noises;
 2. I have a budget about $400, $500 top;
 3. I have a Electrical Generator Equipment including: Solar Panels(1500W) for backup or even for Main supply. Grid electric bills is $0.025/kWh
 4. Not worrying about room.
 5. More Profit(or GHs or blah blah) and less Electrical Consumption.(hhhh... yes i need More Profit and low capital need. just take PROFIT to the top)
 6. I have cat(s)

Please i need straight, simple answer like what is your full equipment, what is your profit per day, per week, per year. Thank you i really really really appreciate your help guys. Thank you so much.

Hardware mining is just burning money unless you have dirt cheap electricity. Mining is now a game for big mining farms. As an individual, you may try cloud mining. Calculate profitability here - https://alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3214

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 05:23:13 AM

I'm pretty-blah-blah new to bitcoin, especially bitcoin mining. ...
After doing a lot of (i mean A LOT) research about bitcoin mining i still cannot figure it out...
   So the conclusion is, i don't really understand what people say about mining ...

If you don't understand it, you should not invest in it. It doesn't get any simpler than that.

There are many factors involved, but you might be able to make enough to pay for your cheap electricity now, but to make enough to also pay for the equipment depends primarily on the future difficulty.

Calculate profitability here - https://alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator

Do not use that calculator. It does not account for a rising difficulty. Use this one instead: https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
wowotek (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 05:25:26 AM

And Bump!

What should i do with that ? i watched a lot of great bitcoin mining documentary, and that will make me more optimist to this business.
 Grin

blah blah blah...

Hardware mining is just burning money unless you have dirt cheap electricity. Mining is now a game for big mining farms. As an individual, you may try cloud mining. Calculate profitability here - https://alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator

Believe it or not, i've been researching a lot of cloud mining. and many of the result is resulting lot of loss than our capital, and really not worth it.for example i do calculation based on one cloud mining website. and the loss is surprisingly big with huge capital; $5999 make -$9.23 a day ? yes minus 9 dollar. back to my point up there, i only have 500.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison about mining hardware comparison.
The list of difficult coins, including btc: http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency

Looks like you're optimistic with mining. Good luck.

Thank you for your information. Smiley

Your power costs are exceedingly cheap, so mining could certainly be profitable for you.  A budget of $500 will not get you a lot of hardware, though.  For that money you're looking at an S5, which will hash at about 1155 GH/s.

Your profit entirely depends on the network difficulty and the exchange rate.  As of right now, that S5 would expect to mine 0.01111BTC a day... Or about $3.19.  The S5 draws 590W, so given your rate, will run you $0.354 a day.  Therefore if you were mining right now you'd net about $2.83.

That S5 machine is one of my target, and that is what make me confuse. see my point up there peoples like you (and Amph below) have simple calculation, and there also people have confusing-lot-of-factor calculation which is lot of opinion than fact. so is it really worth it if i buy AntS5 ? (i already have a lot of ATX dont worry).

Your power costs are exceedingly cheap, so mining could certainly be profitable for you.  A budget of $500 will not get you a lot of hardware, though.  For that money you're looking at an S5, which will hash at about 1155 GH/s.

Your profit entirely depends on the network difficulty and the exchange rate.  As of right now, that S5 would expect to mine 0.01111BTC a day... Or about $3.19.  The S5 draws 590W, so given your rate, will run you $0.354 a day.  Therefore if you were mining right now you'd net about $2.83.

can you give me more information ? i found chine have interesting miners.

----

Thank you all for replying, but i still need more information and Big Push from you guys. Thanks once more. Wink
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 05:25:15 AM

Prices on Ebay and such are insane currently, you can possibly get them cheaper by getting them from china.

For instance you will see Antminer S5d on ebay going for 550-600USD or more. SP20 for 700USD. Insane really.

While you can get a used S5 from bitmain atm for 450~USD shipped.

A few S3 if you get them at 0.3btc~ would be good even tho they would consume more electricity, since your electricity appear to be so cheap.

At current rate you can ROI S3 faster.

Its pretty simple, do the math. Profit daily minus watt cost per day.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌