Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:50:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm looking to buy 7 btc?  (Read 1090 times)
OneandOnly22 (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 09:35:04 PM

Im in US and have paypal, anyone available?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 10:18:29 PM

selling BTC for paypal is generally very risky because you can chargebacks so I doubt you'll find anyone that is willing to do trade with you. use something other than paypal that won't allow their users to reverse a transaction instead.
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 10:20:08 PM

For you best way to buy bitcoin through paypal is virwox because no one going to take paypal here on this forum
The Bad Guy

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 01:37:33 AM

I can do this, I know how to protect yourself from chargebacks, so no problem, however I can't do the whole amount, but only a small part of it. Sent you a message, please check it fast.

realproject

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 01:38:53 AM

what's rate you want??
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 01:39:24 AM

I can do this, I know how to protect yourself from chargebacks, so no problem, however I can't do the whole amount, but only a small part of it. Sent you a message, please check it fast.

Both buyer and seller should be using escrow for this.  As it stands, two newbies are setting up a deal and both have potential to get scammed.

Either don't do this deal or use escrow, protect yourselves or you could lose everything, its very suspicious that this user wants to do the deal so fast.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 03:12:31 AM

what's rate you want??

They strike again. Be careful with these newly registered offering you bitcoin. They might just ran away with your paypal. Although it can be reversed, funds are more likely getting spent right away before you do the file.

u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 03:23:18 AM

Both buyer and seller should be using escrow for this.  As it stands, two newbies are setting up a deal and both have potential to get scammed.

Either don't do this deal or use escrow, protect yourselves or you could lose everything, its very suspicious that this user wants to do the deal so fast.

It's not like an escrow can do much in this situation though (well, for the seller anyway) - transactions can be reversed within 180 days with Paypal, and it's not like the escrow is going to hold on to the BTC that long, in case there is a chargeback.

Also, I don't think there is such a thing as "protecting yourself from chargebacks" when Paypal is involved, The Bad Guy; but if there really is, feel free to share it with the community, to help prevent scams. Tongue
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 03:39:03 AM

Mind sharing with the community how you protect yourself from charge backs so may be others can apply that too and trade safely using paypal? There are lots of request to buy bitcoins using paypal and if you can provide a solution to do it securely, it'd be great.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 04:11:14 AM

Both buyer and seller should be using escrow for this.  As it stands, two newbies are setting up a deal and both have potential to get scammed.

It's not like an escrow can do much in this situation though (well, for the seller anyway) - transactions can be reversed within 180 days with Paypal, and it's not like the escrow is going to hold on to the BTC that long, in case there is a chargeback.

Also, I don't think there is such a thing as "protecting yourself from chargebacks" when Paypal is involved, The Bad Guy; but if there really is, feel free to share it with the community, to help prevent scams. Tongue
An escrow can be plenty of help in these kinds of trades. The escrow would make sure that both sides hold up their terms of the trade for as long as the bitcoin is being held. If that means that no chargeback claim is filed/received within 48 hours, then as long as no chargeback claim is filed/received within 48 hours then the buyer would get his coins.

What escrow would primarily protect against is one person outright scamming the other person by simply disappearing after receiving money from the other person.

Also, even though PayPal can be charged back up to 180 day after the fact, I would presume that a large percentage of the chargebacks/disputes are filed within a short time period after the transaction occurs.
cryptosun

Activity: 448

Exchange Your BTC to PM Instantly :)

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 04:21:47 AM

Mind sharing with the community how you protect yourself from charge backs so may be others can apply that too and trade safely using paypal? There are lots of request to buy bitcoins using paypal and if you can provide a solution to do it securely, it'd be great.
Secrets are secrets Wink haha , But I would love to share some tips with you ,i have been dealing with many of my clients , who use paypal
and i take several measures before taking the payment Smiley
Hope it helps.

Exchange your bitcoins to STP,PAYPAL,SKRIL,And PM.
cryptosun

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 04:24:21 AM

Both buyer and seller should be using escrow for this.  As it stands, two newbies are setting up a deal and both have potential to get scammed.

An escrow can be plenty of help in these kinds of trades. The escrow would make sure that both sides hold up their terms of the trade for as long as the bitcoin is being held. If that means that no chargeback claim is filed/received within 48 hours, then as long as no chargeback claim is filed/received within 48 hours then the buyer would get his coins.

What escrow would primarily protect against is one person outright scamming the other person by simply disappearing after receiving money from the other person.

Also, even though PayPal can be charged back up to 180 day after the fact, I would presume that a large percentage of the chargebacks/disputes are filed within a short time period after the transaction occurs.
yes you are right buddy , as per their policy anyone can file a dispute in 180 days now before it was 90 days , but there are some ways to prevent the chargebacks , I wont be sharing them here , the reason is with every good person there is allways some bad persons as well, who take advantages of these kind of tricks and use to scam others , I have been dealing with paypal---> BTC and viceversa and other ecurrencies since 2010 Smiley so i have a bit of experiance abt how to deal with scammers and also with good people Smiley.

u9y42
Legendary

Merit: 1071

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 06:38:57 AM

Somehow, that doesn't seem very reassuring - at least if you're the one selling the BTC, and taking the Paypal payment. I mean, what is there to stop the buyer from charging back after the 48, or however many, hours all parties agreed to, if he is intent on scamming? His lack of patience? Tongue Paypal is still reversible in the end, and Bitcoin is not. And even if your assumption is correct and a large percentage of chargebacks/disputes occur within a relatively short time period after the transaction occurs, does that somehow improve the seller's chances in the process, as far as Paypal is concerned?
cryptosun

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 06:55:37 AM

Somehow, that doesn't seem very reassuring - at least if you're the one selling the BTC, and taking the Paypal payment. I mean, what is there to stop the buyer from charging back after the 48, or however many, hours all parties agreed to, if he is intent on scamming? His lack of patience? Tongue Paypal is still reversible in the end, and Bitcoin is not. And even if your assumption is correct and a large percentage of chargebacks/disputes occur within a relatively short time period after the transaction occurs, does that somehow improve the seller's chances in the process, as far as Paypal is concerned?
You are right buddy Smiley even escrow releases the funds , the person can still request a chargeback , but we should do these transfers with those whom we trust or via some security measures

btctxns

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 07:15:18 AM

we should do these transfers with those whom we trust or via some security measures

Ok, well we definitely know you have no trust here.

That only leaves the "security measures" you speak of. Again, we'd love to know what you mean by that.
cryptosun

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 08:32:11 AM

we should do these transfers with those whom we trust or via some security measures

Ok, well we definitely know you have no trust here.

That only leaves the "security measures" you speak of. Again, we'd love to know what you mean by that.

My dear friend if i am a newbie here it doesn't matter  and it doesn't define that i am not trusted Smiley ,and i am claiming either here to trust me or not , I Just gave a thought here about my experiance ,as i have been dealing with many people usualy on skype or fb .

I use to take Several measures , Like i use to talk to the person whom i am dealing with.
Next thing i do is verify his name with his paypal account via screenshot and source of his paypal and payments he have made , and also his location.
and also i dont take creditcard payments coz they can be easily reversed even if they are friend n family payment which cant be disputed.

these are the serious measures i use to take Cheesy and will prefer that everyone should take.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 12:14:28 PM

There is nothing to stop the person selling PayPal from charging back after the Bitcoin is released to him. Escrow would however force him to at least send PayPal to him prior to receiving the Bitcoin. It will only protect you from a subset of the PayPal related scams.

You really should not be accepting PayPal as payment for Bitcoin, but if you do you should use escrow. 
sylpalma

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 03:23:26 PM

Do not trade with the bad guy. Is Selling bitcoins stollen from another user. User is a scammer. I can proove

▛ [ CENTRA ] Multi-Blockchain Worldwide Debit Card & Insured Wallet
▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚
▙     FacebookSlackTwitterGithubMediumANN Thread     ▟
deadley
Legendary

Merit: 1064

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 03:35:44 PM

Do not trade with the bad guy. Is Selling bitcoins stollen from another user. User is a scammer. I can proove

Post details in scam accustion section.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0

g1974ak

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 03:36:34 PM

I suggest virwox. I used to many times this service and it is very credible. Maybe the fees are a little high but you go for sure that you will have your bitcoins and you will not lost your money. In these times no one know with who have to do so it is important that be sure when you do exchange.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: