Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:24:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Selling] Legendary Bitcointalk account  (Read 1669 times)
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:43:10 PM

When someone wants you to, "sign" they are meaning that they want you to take a btc address that the account may have posted publicly or in PM over 6 months ago and sign a message from that btc address.  (You can find out more about signing messages by googling it or searching on here a bit).

What this does is prove that the account has belonged to a certain owner for at least 6 months.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
leps

Activity: 918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:50:59 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990345.0

you can check here about signing msg from btc addy..
in my opinion its weird that a legendary user doesnt know what signing is..
kellzy (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 07:46:39 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2015, 08:13:42 AM by kellzy

No the user does know about signing (in probably 15 more protocols than most people knew you could even sign in) but noone could tell us what they wanted the user to sign from!!!!
We weren't sure if they meant PGP or Bitcoin signing or what.

My friend was on prime dice when that was around... when was that ?? a yr ago ? Maybe longer ? I don't know if its still around now, but they were on it when the they offered unlimited posts.. I believe that was a year, maybe a little longer ago.
They can sign from that address

they can sign from the address on Wot

Besides those  2 sources, the user also used to be good friends with a couple of well known users from this forum, I am sure those friends could setup some questions only the real account holder would know.
Oh and the user has used the same IP address since day #1 !!!

So to summarise

- They can sign from Primedice bitcoin address from the sig promo when.. there will be public records of these in the thread I'm sure ??
- They can sign from the bitcoin address in Wot
- They can have some trusted members on here verify for them asking some questions only the account holder would know.
- have the IP address verified. We just thought of this now which is why I added it in this post and the one underneath Smiley

There is atleast 3 methods of verifying the authenticity of the account.

Also a user with very good feedback on here used to buy bitcoins from the account holder, they used to do the transactions on IRC and authenticate using WoT, The other guy has my friend who is selling their accounts phone number so they could even call up and confirm, assuming you trust the guy making the call.

My friend is even offering full escrow, so lets not start with the 'a legendary account holder would know how to sign' stuff - YES HE KNOWS HOW TO SIGN!!! Niether of us knew what you wanted us to sign because a) we mentioned WoT and noone said anything about that and b) my friend does not have a bitcoin address in his profile, he did when primedice was on, but took it off ages ago.. That is the only reason we did not know what we were supposed to sign.

Anyways we have offered multiple things he can sign, multiple people that can be quiz my friend, someone who can even call him and full escrow, if its not enough for you people then so be it.
Now I am just repeating myself!
kellzy (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 07:49:49 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2015, 08:11:54 AM by kellzy

Thank you DebitMe for confirming what it is that it is expected to be signed.
Thank god you posted up. Everyone chose to ignore me mentioning WoT Bitcoin address!!

[BTW] Once a deal has been struck my friend selling the account can ask theymos to confirm the IP of the account being sold has been the same since day #1.

Hows that for evidence Smiley  I am guessing Theymos would help if the user whos account it is requests it the check, right ??Theymos should be able to spare 2 minutes hopefully.

That surely beats any signing... Signing relies on a password and keyfiles. Having the EXACT IP address since day #1 relies on a shitload more.

Now hopefully we can put the signing issue to rest.. But if it helps they will do the IP check and the signing.

CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 09:03:50 AM

Ok this price is negotiable...

say 2.5 BTC ?

we just pulled it out of my dainty backside. maybe to much ? maybe to little ? (not my backside.. the price!)

IMO your asking price is too much as the account dont have any trusted positive feedback but only have 2 untrusted positive feedback it will only worth around 1BTC i think

Lol man you obviously just keep on posting here to earn for your signature. 2.5BTC for a legendary is somewhat a high price yet it's still on the considerable bracket (based on the time spent + quality of posts).

noel57

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 07:45:01 PM

This is an HOT CAKE offer we hardly see this type of account been sold often but I will stay tuned and watch this negotiations as regards the 2.5btc asking price.

idyu

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 11:17:23 AM

still in stock!?
nicole7852

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 12:45:15 PM

still in stock!?