Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:23:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nexious.com WARNING POOL OPERATOR IS NOT PAYING NOR RESPONDING  (Read 34876 times)
spiker777

Activity: 997
Merit: 279

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 07:45:51 AM

12 employees out of 500 it's sad of course
 Undecided

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gecox22

Activity: 778
Merit: 515

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 10:11:44 PM

Unfortunately, if you try to get a bunch of people together to rent hash, you'll all be competing with each other on the rental site.  It would be better if you could get a trusted member to run a group rental for you.

Of course, you need to realize that even if you do manage to get five people interested in supporting this pool by throwing 200TH/s at it for 24 hours, you're still not guaranteed a block.  In fact, with 1PH/s, your expected time to block is just over 3 days at current difficulty.  That's a pretty significant risk for most - a cost of about 1.6BTC to get a 1 in 3 chance of finding a block where your maximum possible payout would be 5BTC.

Please don't misunderstand me, I wish OP the best of luck with the pool and hope it finds a block.  Once the pool starts finding blocks, it will start to attract more users (especially if the current users are happy with the pool).

Actually I think your numbers got jumbled a bit... it would take about 1.6 BTC to run 200TH for 24 hours and it would take a whopping 12 BTC to run 1PH for 24 hours

Wow 12 BTC for 1 PH on 24 hours. But what would be the payout if the pool hit a block?

Nexious (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Nexious.com Admin

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 02:47:00 AM

Unfortunately, if you try to get a bunch of people together to rent hash, you'll all be competing with each other on the rental site.  It would be better if you could get a trusted member to run a group rental for you.

Of course, you need to realize that even if you do manage to get five people interested in supporting this pool by throwing 200TH/s at it for 24 hours, you're still not guaranteed a block.  In fact, with 1PH/s, your expected time to block is just over 3 days at current difficulty.  That's a pretty significant risk for most - a cost of about 1.6BTC to get a 1 in 3 chance of finding a block where your maximum possible payout would be 5BTC.

Please don't misunderstand me, I wish OP the best of luck with the pool and hope it finds a block.  Once the pool starts finding blocks, it will start to attract more users (especially if the current users are happy with the pool).

Actually I think your numbers got jumbled a bit... it would take about 1.6 BTC to run 200TH for 24 hours and it would take a whopping 12 BTC to run 1PH for 24 hours

Wow 12 BTC for 1 PH on 24 hours. But what would be the payout if the pool hit a block?

Payout would depend on shares submitted, but with 1PH compared to what is currently hashing you would get a rather reasonable chunk of the block. Unless the block was found near when you started hashing if that makes sense?

https://nexious.com - Bitcoin Mining Pool - 5BTC Block Finder Bonus!*
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 05:06:34 PM

Sorry for the confusing way I wrote that Wink.  The 1.6BTC is per person in the 5 man group the original post suggested.  You can rent 1PH/s for 24 hours for 8BTC on NH/WH.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
itsnogood

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 04:35:51 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2015, 04:46:30 PM by itsnogood

Server problems?  

Sad

Looks like we are still mining though.

Edit-
Stats page a bit messed up.
Wow, jsp3c you are making
2,963,865,600.000  BTC / Day
according to the stats page. lets hope we hit a block now.  Grin

Okay, sir, my final offer: half a shekel for an old ex-leper?
1BArqcsxPQt2QJdDbw5Cxvx5F1DUR1Vyza
Nexious (OP)

Nexious.com Admin

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2015, 11:55:17 PM

Server problems?  

Sad

Looks like we are still mining though.

Edit-
Stats page a bit messed up.
Wow, jsp3c you are making
2,963,865,600.000  BTC / Day
according to the stats page. lets hope we hit a block now.  Grin

Apologies for that, was an error with the routing of the frontpage through cloudflare. Mining shouldn't have been effected.

Should be fixed now Smiley Will keep a close eye on it.

Nexious (OP)

Nexious.com Admin

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 09:43:56 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2015, 06:36:29 AM by Nexious

In roughly 8 hours I will be upgrading/updating the pool.

Mining will be effected so please make sure you have a backup pool configured. Estimated down time will be roughly 30 minutes. I will post updates before and after down time Smiley

Edit:
Server maintenance is now started.
Update/Upgrade now complete, mining should be back to normal Smiley

itsnogood

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 10:17:08 PM

Can you give any further info on what upgrades/updates you have done to the pool. Any performance updates that might help us along?

Also.... What on earth is going on with all the errors and funky stats on the web page? its happing again now.

arepageek

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 01:07:49 AM

Sending some TH there!
Nexious (OP)

Nexious.com Admin

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 07:08:59 AM

Can you give any further info on what upgrades/updates you have done to the pool. Any performance updates that might help us along?

Also.... What on earth is going on with all the errors and funky stats on the web page? its happing again now.

I have upgraded the front end web server, but in the process there were some issues with the way cloud flare caches things which were throwing errors on the front page. Mining was unaffected, unless anyone has had any issues?

itsnogood

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 07:11:38 PM

I have upgraded the front end web server, but in the process there were some issues with the way cloud flare caches things which were throwing errors on the front page. Mining was unaffected, unless anyone has had any issues?

More cloud flare problems ? or has the web server burst into flames?

Miners failed over earlier + had a load of BadWork errors. Web front end still down.

Any updates?

Edit - Web front end back up.

Nexious (OP)

Nexious.com Admin

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2015, 04:24:24 AM

More cloud flare problems ? or has the web server burst into flames?

Miners failed over earlier + had a load of BadWork errors. Web front end still down.

Any updates?

Edit - Web front end back up.

Cloudflare issues should be sorted, there was a couple of issues with Bitcoin's mempool which was causing the daemon to use upwards of 8gb of RAM slowing things a little. The issue has been solved, but will be monitoring things closely still.

itsnogood

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 08:12:14 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2015, 07:51:40 AM by itsnogood

No, not fixed. Website has same on-going issues.

My browser times out and reports CloudFlare is unable to reach nexious.com.  Sad

Nexious (OP)

Nexious.com Admin

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 04:19:32 AM

My browser times out and reports CloudFlare is unable to reach noxious.com.  Sad

Is your mining affected also? I have been in touch with cloudflare and it seems all issues are sorted now. Let me know otherwise please.

itsnogood

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 07:43:38 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2015, 07:56:34 AM by itsnogood

My browser times out and reports CloudFlare is unable to reach nexious.com.  Sad

Is your mining affected also? I have been in touch with cloudflare and it seems all issues are sorted now. Let me know otherwise please.

Working fine or me at the moment.
 Smiley

Edit - Nexious, just sent you a pm.

Thanks for reply.

jsp3cs15

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 01:34:20 AM

Sorry for the confusing way I wrote that Wink.  The 1.6BTC is per person in the 5 man group the original post suggested.  You can rent 1PH/s for 24 hours for 8BTC on NH/WH.

Guys I'm happy to contribute 1 BTC in trying to help in finding that block so let me know.

I suggest we just donate the funds to Nexious and let him find a trusted member to run the group rental for us.
Nexious (OP)

Nexious.com Admin

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 04:40:56 AM

Guys I'm happy to contribute 1 BTC in trying to help in finding that block so let me know.

I suggest we just donate the funds to Nexious and let him find a trusted member to run the group rental for us.

Hi jsp3cs15,

I have been renting hash here and there to bump up the total, I have also offered a 1 BTC bonus to the first block finder (maybe subsequent blocks also depending on how many miners we attract).
Im open to the idea if anyone wants to donate to rent hash, or they can rent the hash themselves?

You can use the Nexious donation address listed on the website (19w5R3YFLW2Z4ppFwcNEn5AfeS3xhiWaKD) and all proceedings will go towards renting hash, or we can get a trusted escrow or whatever you guys are happy with. Im open to all ideas at this stage to help Nexious grow, but sadly I think the first block has to be found before we attract any bigger miners.

Let me know what you all think Smiley

itsnogood

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:58:49 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2015, 12:45:57 PM by itsnogood

I Think the 1BTC first block finder bonus is a great idea. Whoever gets it , will be well deserved.

I try and put as much hash towards the pool as I can. I even rent from time to time to bump things up.
I'm not able to donate anything like as much as 1BTC to renting hash but like the idea of maybe having a rental address that is used just for rentals by Nexious or another trusted person . Maybe he could keep a tracker going on the stats page for rental donation and post updates when hash will be rented to show when, rented hash, and cost.  What are your thoughts?

Its getting colder by the day here in the UK and I've decided to break out the big guns, well.. its just an S1 , but its gonna sit full time on Nexious and also help keep my kitchen warm.  Grin

spiker777

Activity: 997
Merit: 279

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 05:25:58 AM

Its getting colder by the day here in the UK and I've decided to break out the big guns, well.. its just an S1 , but its gonna sit full time on Nexious and also help keep my kitchen warm.                                                                                                                                                                                       Я тoжe cижy c S 1 ,вчepa пpишлa пocылкa, зaмeнил cгopeвшyю плaтy, тaк чтo бyдy дoгoнять вac пo мepe вoзмoжнocти. Grin

itsnogood

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 08:39:39 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2015, 09:18:47 PM by itsnogood

Its getting colder by the day here in the UK and I've decided to break out the big guns, well.. its just an S1 , but its gonna sit full time on Nexious and also help keep my kitchen warm.                                                                                                                                                                                       Я тoжe cижy c S 1 ,вчepa пpишлa пocылкa, зaмeнил cгopeвшyю плaтy, тaк чтo бyдy дoгoнять вac пo мepe вoзмoжнocти. Grin

Basic translation is that he has an S1 also now on the pool.

The S1 was such a good little workhorse, didn't want to get rid of them when I upgraded to S3's. I have another S1 that I'll dig out today, was thinking of maybe trying my luck solo mining with it (it can help keep another back room warm  Smiley )

Edit - I've also dug out some stick miners.
 Nexious - What would it take to open a solo port and show some simple stats on the web page. Maybe some smaller hash miners might want to join me for a small miner Lotto while the bigger mining rigs slog it out on the main pool.

Edit - Edit - Added a whopping 16GH of USB stick miners (8 sticks controlled by a RPi running MinePeon) to test out. I was really surprised how quick the VarDif on prt 3333 adjusted and they were all up and mining within a couple of minutes.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: