Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 01:52:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying gold with Bitcoins?  (Read 4754 times)
JohnnyScience (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 05:31:59 AM

I've read something about possibly buying gold with Bitcoins, is this true?

Has anyone else done this & is it getting common?  What exchanges offer this kind of service?

Any more info on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 05:38:36 AM

Has anyone else done this & is it getting common?  What exchanges offer this kind of service?

Any more info on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Check out the Coinabul link in my signature Smiley

I've purchased from them many times and have been blown away each time.  Highly recommended.  I always look to buy from them first simply because I trust that I will receive my shipment.  Checkout is a breeze.  I also highly recommend creating an account so you can track your order status.
MyBitcoinMint

Activity: 76

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2012, 05:44:38 AM

Hi JohnnyScience,

Both myself, MyBitcoinMint.com, and Coinabul.com sell gold and silver bullion in exchange for Bitcoins. Admittedly, Coinabul is the current market leader and sells gold and silver bullion/coins/bars/etc. We sell silver and gold coins that physically resemble the Bitcoin image. Our prices at the moment are within ~2.5% of each other (our prices are currently price pegged to USD, Coinabul has priced at a floating spot rate).

My Bitcoin Mint
Sound Money...from your hard drive, to your hand!
www.MyBitcoinMint.com
JohnnyScience (OP)

Activity: 95

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 05:51:49 AM

Wow great info, I will look into both websites.

So these are smaller companies that have just emerged within this market?  Are you the sole owner/employee etc?  Just wondering how big these bitcoin to gold exchanges are.

Do you offer "normal" gold bullion not in the shape of a bitcoin?

Is the ordering/checkout/shipment process for both websites very secure & anonymous?

Once the order is placed with bitcoins how long before it's shipped & how is the bullion actually shipped?  (is it shipped insured?)

MyBitcoinMint

Activity: 76

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2012, 06:01:00 AM

So these are smaller companies that have just emerged within this market?  Are you the sole owner/employee etc?  Just wondering how big these bitcoin to gold exchanges are.

Is the ordering/checkout/shipment process for both websites very secure & anonymous?

Once the order is placed with bitcoins how long before it's shipped & how is the bullion actually shipped?  (is it shipped insured?)

I am the sole owner/operator for MyBitcoinMint, and at the moment we do not offer typical bullion products (Coinabul does, and is definitely respected in the community).

Our site only accepts Mt Gox BTC codes at the moment, we're making changes to accept all BTC payments. However, if you're interested in something, send me a PM and we can do a simple BTC transfer. We can keep it as anonymous as you'd like, as long as you let me know where I need to ship it Smiley And yes, we do insure our shipping, and wouldn't take longer than 1-2 business days.

I'll let Coinabul and his customers talk on his behalf Smiley

My Bitcoin Mint
Sound Money...from your hard drive, to your hand!
www.MyBitcoinMint.com
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 07:50:54 AM

If you are based in Europe, then have a look at both http://bitcoincommodities.com/ and http://www.btcgold.org/. Both ship from within Germany. I used both and have good experiences with them.
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2012, 07:54:12 AM

um, if you are getting physical goods shipped to you....it is a bit hard to be anonymous Smiley
especially insured consignments that require a signature on delivery Smiley

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
ShireSilver

Activity: 382
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2012, 04:15:21 PM

Don't forget Shire Silver. We make cards that fit in your wallet that contain silver and gold. They are smaller units than typical bullion, and are designed to be used as an alternative currency. The smallest gold denomination we have, which is the smallest physical gold trade unit on the planet, is only about $4 or less than half a bitcoin.

Shire Silver, a better bullion that fits in your wallet. Get some, now accepting bitcoin!
Foxtra

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 04:27:02 PM

Thank for thus links.
Monkey1

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 09:49:48 PM

Ill try these out and let you know how I get on!

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
GoldExpert

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2012, 04:54:06 PM

we are accepting also bitcoins now

http://goldexpert.com/
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2012, 05:04:20 PM

Coinabul has a nice selection.

EngMan

Activity: 67

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 12:50:25 AM

I have ordered twice from coinabul.....first time the order was quick and easy. I've been waiting almost 3 weeks for my 2nd order though.... I Just emailed for an update. They usually respond quickly.

Sorry, I'm all sold out of x6500's.
BookLover

Activity: 533

^Bitcoin Library of Congress.

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 01:04:29 AM

TraderSteve (http://goldstarbullion.com/) sometimes has a better price  because he uses a different price algorithm, but he just sells random 1oz rounds.

Coinabul

Activity: 588

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 07:52:30 AM

I have ordered twice from coinabul.....first time the order was quick and easy. I've been waiting almost 3 weeks for my 2nd order though.... I Just emailed for an update. They usually respond quickly.
We've had some delays this month. Orders are moving quickly again now Smiley

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
sudukibiras

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 08:05:11 AM

WoW,I didn't know that you can buy gold with bitcoins  Shocked
I will have this in mind though.Thanks.
Coinabul

Activity: 588

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 04:57:28 PM

I am the sole owner/operator for MyBitcoinMint, and at the moment we do not offer typical bullion products (Coinabul does, and is definitely respected in the community).

Our site only accepts Mt Gox BTC codes at the moment, we're making changes to accept all BTC payments. However, if you're interested in something, send me a PM and we can do a simple BTC transfer. We can keep it as anonymous as you'd like, as long as you let me know where I need to ship it Smiley And yes, we do insure our shipping, and wouldn't take longer than 1-2 business days.

I'll let Coinabul and his customers talk on his behalf Smiley
You are much too kind! I also enjoy your new website, I don't remember it being like that before.

Anyways, Coinabul has been around for a year now. We'll have been open to the public for a year in 9 days! (Woo!)

We have not had a single customer lose their order or anything else sketchy. We've had a couple run-ins with Customs, but we've always gotten the orders to the right place. We believe in fair prices and good customer support. We're going to be here for much longer than a year, I can tell you that Smiley

We're also the only business currently trusted enough by Mt.Gox to be verified by their merchant program. We're publicly known, a legal company, and all that good stuff to keep us honest.

Let me know if you have any questions about our site or any of the products! Some of the coins have quite an interesting history!

Cheers,
-Jon

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
BobbyJo

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2012, 08:43:19 PM

I have bought off a couple of these sites with no problems.  The prices are quite a bit higher than spot price but thats what you get when you buy physical gold.

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 08:53:58 PM

Also Casascius coins for 10 BTC silver 1 oz rounds (2 types) & 1,000 BTC 1 oz fine gold rounds Tongue

Highly recommended! If you wish to combine PMs with BTC together in a single physical item.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2012, 08:55:31 PM

I am willing to sell my gold rounds empty without the 1000 BTC.  They are, naturally, 1000 BTC cheaper that way.  The back is blank with a recess for the private key, the same as if you bought the round and peeled and redeemed the key.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: