Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:10:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Running Bitcoin.exe on two different computers (How do I sync my Balance?)  (Read 2818 times)
Mousepotato (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 04:57:31 PM

Ok so I can see my total balance on the Bitcoin.exe client on one computer.  That's the one where I got my original Bitcoin address from.  However, on my other computer I've installed Bitcoin on, it generated a completely different address and the balance shows 0.00.  How can I see my balance on other computers that I've installed the client on?

Mousepotato
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 05:04:10 PM

oooh... don't' do that... you get into all sorts of consistency issues...  We don't' support that yet... Bitcoin is beta software... and multiple shared balances has not been implemented yet.

One off NP-Hard.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 06:26:03 AM

What you would want to do is use the same address for the two miners payout, and just run bitcoin.exe on one computer.

Sheldon

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 11:17:55 AM

Hi all.

I have the same concern , i would like to have more than one machine calculating hash's to the same account.

Is that possible?

I have other concern, if i like to move my bitcoin account to other pc , how do i do that? this situation applys to if i have some problem in the pc like, the hard disk burn , or a hard virus and i have to format , how do i move the account to other pc.

Thanks for reading

Regards.
Sheldon

Im runing win7
tito13kfm

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 05:43:43 PM

Hi all.

I have the same concern , i would like to have more than one machine calculating hash's to the same account.

Is that possible?

I have other concern, if i like to move my bitcoin account to other pc , how do i do that? this situation applys to if i have some problem in the pc like, the hard disk burn , or a hard virus and i have to format , how do i move the account to other pc.

Thanks for reading

Regards.
Sheldon

Im runing win7

Your wallet.dat file is all that is needed to be moved.  It contains 100 hashes and your backup will be valid as long as you don't generate more than that after the backup.

A simple backup solution.  Encrypt the wallet.dat and put it in dropbox or email it to yourself on gmail.
Sheldon

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 10:09:47 AM

oh thanks tito

Very usefull

i will backup my wallet.dat

Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: