Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:13:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pattern Recognition 101  (Read 4302 times)
RotterdamBitcoinCapital

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 03:04:21 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2015, 05:20:22 PM by RotterdamBitcoinCapital

My findings concur with the OP. However I would like to add the following analysis:
http://s30.postimg.org/6ch22v6s1/Mooon.jpg

It looks like that after breaking the level of the 2nd bull trap after the bubble, a new bubble was provoked last time. If it would play out similarly this time, this would mean first breaking through the 600USD level, probably hovering around a bit on that level before shooting to a new ATH.

My prediction to break 600USD is more or less at the end of this year. Then, with the priced in halving and some other major events, Bitcoin will shoot up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Beliathon (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 03:15:29 PM

This time could be different, an altogether new beast. During the transition to this next order of magnitude, many wealthy smart people are going to recognize that this pattern will not stop until all fiat wealth has been consumed. The new post-boom high could end up being much higher than 2,500 $.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 03:36:30 PM

yes we broke a major trendline and we no longer see lower lows or lower highs, but the market is currently sideways.
You and I must have different definitions of either "currently" or "sideways".

please don't do that...switch timeframes on me and expect
to argue the same point.  Yes the 30m chart is bullish. 

normally you can look at the last 30,40,50 bars or so
on any given chart when determining trend or momentum
although you can go further back when referencing major
support/resistance.

Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 04:12:18 PM

please don't do that...

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
okthen

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 04:17:18 PM

I Saw it, I like it Smiley
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 06:16:02 PM

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 07:55:52 PM

This time could be different, an altogether new beast. During the transition to this next order of magnitude, many wealthy smart people are going to recognize that this pattern will not stop until all fiat wealth has been consumed. The new post-boom high could end up being much higher than 2,500 $.

sources confirm it

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 08:09:15 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2015, 08:35:50 PM by Beliathon

sources confirm it
Those few of us gifted with exceptional intellectual acuity have an ethical duty to serve the rest of humanity with honesty and benevolence.

Perhaps the greatest tragedy of our time is that we've fostered a culture which teaches young people the opposite, teaches them to use their gifts only for personal gain, to claw their way up the violence-backed hierarchy. This sick culture of self worship - with the forced collapsing down of our collective empathy spheres it produces - is an ethical perversion, a travesty of epic proportions, and the cause of vast unknowable human suffering. Any sane, reasonably maladjusted 21st century free-thinking person will tell you it's plain to see: capitalism is an ethical abomination, the only real crisis, and the only problem worth solving.

Make no mistake folks, this is our generation's slavery. Where you fall on this issue will determine whether or not humanity eternal remembers you fondly as one who fought to improve civilization. Yes, I realize that's an appeal to vanity, but I'm vain so I assume many of you are as well. Be remembered well, not as a blissfully ignorant wage-slavery/capitalism-apologist hyperconsumer petit-bourgeois shitbag. Abolish capitalism.

I hope you didn't actually believe I was going to leave you with nothing more than bullish graphs. This thread is about pattern recognition, I have no intention of denying you the whole truth.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 08:38:03 PM

It looks strongly bullish, and the odds are strong you are correct, but...
When predictable or "obvious patterns" get broken, sometimes you can get a surprising big move in the opposite direction.

it does not look "strongly bullish".

we were in a bear trend for a long time. yes we broke a major trendline
and we no longer see lower lows or lower highs, but the market is currently
sideways.  You can see one higher high and one higher low but not enough yet
to really say the market is definitely in a bull trend, let alone a strong one.

Wait for more price action to unfold, however if you were trading this you could wait until price turns down and then fails before before placing a long order with your stop below the most recent swing low.

There is a long, boring quiet time (base-building) prior to the second large rally. We are nearing (or at) the end of a similar phase, so it does indeed look "strongly bullish". You don't have to wait until $550 (for example) to call it the (probable) start of a major bull market.

Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 08:41:35 PM

There is a long, boring quiet time (base-building) prior to the second large rally. We are nearing (or at) the end of a similar phase, so it does indeed look "strongly bullish". You don't have to wait until $550 (for example) to call it the (probable) start of a major bull market.
Anyone who isn't buying when it passes 400 is mad. Also, you should read my last post before this one.

Fakhoury
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Permabull Bitcoin Investor

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 08:45:26 PM

Anyone who isn't buying when it passes 400 is mad. Also, you should read my last post before this one.

Why $400 on purpose ?

Quote from:  Satoshi Nakamoto
Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 08:51:57 PM

sources confirm it
Those few of us gifted with exceptional intellectual acuity have an ethical duty to serve the rest of humanity with honesty and benevolence.

Perhaps the greatest tragedy of our time is that we've fostered a culture which teaches young people the opposite, teaches them to use their gifts only for personal gain, to claw their way up the violence-backed hierarchy. This sick culture of self worship - with the forced collapsing down of our collective empathy spheres it produces - is an ethical perversion, a travesty of epic proportions, and the cause of vast unknowable human suffering. Any sane, reasonably maladjusted 21st century free-thinking person will tell you it's plain to see: capitalism is an ethical abomination, the only real crisis, and the only problem worth solving.

Make no mistake folks, this is our generation's slavery. Where you fall on this issue will determine whether or not humanity eternal remembers you fondly as one who fought to improve civilization. Yes, I realize that's an appeal to vanity, but I'm vain so I assume many of you are as well. Be remembered well, not as a blissfully ignorant wage-slavery/capitalism-apologist hyperconsumer petit-bourgeois shitbag. Abolish capitalism.

I hope you didn't actually believe I was going to leave you with nothing more than bullish graphs. This thread is about pattern recognition, I have no intention of denying you the whole truth.

"The plain fact is that the planet does not need more 'successful' people...
...It needs people who live well in their places"

Are "those few of us gifted with exceptional intellectual acuity" also the ones who get to tell the others exactly where their place is in life? How do you rightfully determine that, without freedom and a free market? Ranting about phony "capitalism" is fine, but if you are not in support of free markets (which do allow for "rational self-interest"), then what type of system are you 'promoting'?

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 08:54:26 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2015, 09:17:54 PM by jonald_fyookball

When predictable or "obvious patterns" get broken, sometimes you can get a surprising big move in the opposite direction.

Wait for more price action to unfold, however if you were trading this you could wait until price turns down and then fails before before placing a long order with your stop below the most recent swing low.

A long boring quiet time in the markets doesn't imply price is going to probably break to the upside.  The only thing that makes it more likely is because we know the fundamentals are strong.  Lots of VC money, increasing regulatory certainty, the halving of 2016, etc.  

In fact, the idea that the bull run of 2013 was a larger version of a bull run earlier and therefore can be extrapolated to 2015-2106 to predict an even bigger bull, isn't even pattern recognition IMO, or at least not pattern recognition that is going to make you money.  It's really a strong belief in the fundamentals and then looking at the charts to try to justify that belief.  

ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 08:57:01 PM

A long boring quiet time in the markets doesn't imply price is going to probably break to the upside.  The only thing that makes it more likely is because we know the fundamentals are strong.  Lots of VC money, increasing regulatory certainty, the halving of 2016, etc.  

The perfect storm is forming.
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 09:02:58 PM

The perfect storm is forming.

Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 09:07:42 PM

Are "those few of us gifted with exceptional intellectual acuity" also the ones who get to tell the others exactly where their place is in life? How do you rightfully determine that, without freedom and a free market? Ranting about phony "capitalism" is fine, but if you are not in support of free markets (which do allow for "rational self-interest"), then what type of system are you 'promoting'?
Calm down, comrade. We can sort out all such details in the thought-provoking environment of the gulags. Good old physical labor makes for a strong and healthy cardiovascular system, which brings lots of oxygen-rich blood to our brains for figuring out how to transcend this hell we've created. Now you can put those fancy golfclubs to good use breaking rocks, or we can melt them down to make pots and pans for the Public Kitchens. Your call.

Laugh now capitalist, but soon the power relations will once again be inverted to the peasantry, and it won't be so funny then.

PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 09:09:23 PM

There is obviously a pattern. We are at the beginning of a recovery here. The shape looks the same, but the time scale is unknown. We could have a lot more sideways before a rise. I think the next boom will be timed just before the halving next year.
Fakhoury
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 09:15:23 PM

Why $400 on purpose ?

Kind reminder, Beliathon Smiley

Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 09:18:41 PM

Why $400 on purpose ?
I expect the pattern at this point is going to trigger recognition in a lot of people at the same time, especially if the price has been climbing rapidly for many consecutive weeks.

Fakhoury
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 09:23:07 PM

Why $400 on purpose ?
I expect the pattern at this point is going to trigger recognition in a lot of people at the same time, especially if the price has been climbing rapidly for many consecutive weeks.

Got it, you mean until $400, it's a must-buy cheap coins.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: