Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:10:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A "caution, use escrow" topic should be sticked in the currency exchange section  (Read 431 times)
subSTRATA (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 06:48:53 AM

This section entirely has to do with the trading/selling of bitcoins for other forms of payment, and its quite surprising that a thread encouraging the use of escrow isnt sticked in that section already. sure there's a thread to warn against reversible payments, but what about ensuring that bitcoins are successfully transferred to the buyer?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1133951.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1136500.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1132348.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1124629.0

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 12:37:12 PM

I think that, not only the Currency exchange section, but also in other boards involve trading of goods, like the Digital Goods board. Maybe you can start a poll, and I would definitely vote 'Yes'.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
deadley
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 01:45:56 PM

Till account buying/selling will not stop. People will not understand value for their account. They buy new senior acc for 0.2 BTC and scammed 0.5+ Btc in 1 day so it's very good profit for them.

When account buying selling will stop these kind of scam will reduce surely. Because everytime they need to start from newbie acc.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 02:05:46 PM

I think that, not only the Currency exchange section, but also in other boards involve trading of goods, like the Digital Goods board. Maybe you can start a poll, and I would definitely vote 'Yes'.
There are similar threads in the other marketplace subs where exactly two people will be part of a trade.

Till account buying/selling will not stop. People will not understand value for their account. They buy new senior acc for 0.2 BTC and scammed 0.5+ Btc in 1 day so it's very good profit for them.

When account buying selling will stop these kind of scam will reduce surely. Because everytime they need to start from newbie acc.
at least when accounts are sold, people will know that there is the possibility of a sold account and can research the value of such accounts when making the decision to possibly risk money on a person. If you "ban" the sale of accounts then the trading of such accounts will be moved underground which will give some people a false sense of security, and the people who know accounts are sold anyway will have more difficultly judging the value of an account so they won't know how much is too much to risk with someone.

I agree with the OP. There definitely need to be a sticky in currency exchange warning people they should use escrow.

A very large number of the scams originate in the currency exchange section and those scams are successful because escrow was not used.
deadley
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 02:10:09 PM

There are similar threads in the other marketplace subs where exactly two people will be part of a trade.

at least when accounts are sold, people will know that there is the possibility of a sold account and can research the value of such accounts when making the decision to possibly risk money on a person. If you "ban" the sale of accounts then the trading of such accounts will be moved underground which will give some people a false sense of security, and the people who know accounts are sold anyway will have more difficultly judging the value of an account so they won't know how much is too much to risk with someone.

I agree with the OP. There definitely need to be a sticky in currency exchange warning people they should use escrow.

A very large number of the scams originate in the currency exchange section and those scams are successful because escrow was not used.

If account selling going to underground it means it not easily accessible for general user. Sometime user just come to know about bitcoin.
But when they see scam like this going and acc buying selling easily available. So they also try to scam through acc buying and easily scam newbie who just come here to buying/selling their BTC.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 02:16:45 PM

I would think scammers would be more likely to utilize underground methods to find ways to scam then legit users anyway.

Also in my experience, very few accounts that are sold end up scamming or trying to scam.

The best way to protect yourself from scams is to take the proper precautions, one of which would include using escrow when trading with the majority of users. It is recommended that a warning be listed in currency exchange to lower the number of scams that take place there. It is something very simple to do, would not involve changing any rules and would probably be very effective.
deadley
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 02:20:52 PM

I would think scammers would be more likely to utilize underground methods to find ways to scam then legit users anyway.

Also in my experience, very few accounts that are sold end up scamming or trying to scam.

The best way to protect yourself from scams is to take the proper precautions, one of which would include using escrow when trading with the majority of users. It is recommended that a warning be listed in currency exchange to lower the number of scams that take place there. It is something very simple to do, would not involve changing any rules and would probably be very effective.

Old user know this escrow thing. But when newbie come to forum they don't know much about escrow.
Even I told them many times when trading newbie let's use escrow. They said your acc is hero and old enough to trust you.

Using escrow is time wasting according to newbie. Mostly newbie don't want to use escrow when trading with senior or hero acc, they happily send first to old account.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: