Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:50:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jindal:Westboro Baptist Church members'will be locked up'if they protest funeral  (Read 1293 times)
redandblack (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 10:59:25 AM

"If they come here to Louisiana, if they try to disrupt this funeral, we're going to lock them up," Jindal said. "We're going to arrest them. They shouldn't try that in Louisiana. We won't abide by that here. Let these families grieve. Let them celebrate their daughters, their children, their spouses, their loved ones' lives in peace. They better not try that nonsense here."

Read More Here

My take - ah, the face of the right wing censorship comes full forward. Apparently, when tasteless, disgusting behavior is done by the likes of Pam Gellar towards Muslims it's perfectly protected free speech. But when a hateful group like Westboro does their thing, it's immoral. And let the right wing hypocrisy begin.

And for the record, I have no problem with either Geller or Westboro disgusting tactics because free speech is free speech is free speech !
monas

Activity: 76

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:00:31 AM

The beauty of the 1st Amendment is everyone gets their fair share. At the same time, no one likes these (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)s and if they get arrested I honestly won't care because I nor anyone else will lose any sleep over it.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Trade Over 200 Cryptos  ● Free Coins every 24hrs!  >>
██████████    <<  ● TUTORIAL: How to earn 1 btc a week  >>
KriszDev

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:02:00 AM

"If they come here to Louisiana, if they try to disrupt this funeral, we're going to lock them up," Jindal said. "We're going to arrest them. They shouldn't try that in Louisiana. We won't abide by that here. Let these families grieve. Let them celebrate their daughters, their children, their spouses, their loved ones' lives in peace. They better not try that nonsense here."

Read More Here

My take - ah, the face of the right wing censorship comes full forward. Apparently, when tasteless, disgusting behavior is done by the likes of Pam Gellar towards Muslims it's perfectly protected free speech. But when a hateful group like Westboro does their thing, it's immoral. And let the right wing hypocrisy begin.

And for the record, I have no problem with either Geller or Westboro disgusting tactics because free speech is free speech is free speech !

This is what the group of Christian lawyers want... to sue people for taking away their right to protest, their free speech rights..... it's how they support themselves

No one likes them, but not much you can do about them in a free country... same with the kkk, is Jindal gonna arrest them too? if he doesn't arrest them... does that mean he supports them... this is the catch 22

You either support everyone having the same rights or you pick and choose... sense Jindal is picking and choosing, then that means if he allows the kkk, he choose to allow it

My guess is Jindal drew this red line in the sand and will let them walk right over it....
peterson33

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:07:19 AM

Denying the oppressor a platform from which to speak is a revolutionary act.

I believe in free speech, therefore I must do everything within my power to deny an audience and a platform to those who would see it taken away. This is so often seen as hypocritical. Tell me, is a doctor a hypocrite for killing cancer to save a life?

I don't advocate for the use of physical force or violence to stop these people from believing what they do or voicing it in their own personal property or whatever venue they might create. What I do advocate for is taking every single noncoercive measure possible to stop them. All it takes to kill fascism a little bit more is for you to assert your right to not provide a platform or an audience to fascists. If you don't listen to them and you don't let them speak to you, you deny them a vector from which to infect other minds.
shevon

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:08:15 AM

Read More Here

And there goes any support I ever had for Jindal, the guy is clearly a clown who doesn't support the Constitution. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I hope he is never again elected to public office unless he changes parties to better reflect his un-American attitudes...
monas

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:09:37 AM

Hold on, only the government is banned from interfering in your right to freedom of speech if I'm not mistaken.

In any case people are just sick of their (*)(*)(*)(*).

fontana

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:10:34 AM

Read More Here

Westboro Church announced several days ago that they would picket the funerals of those murdered by Russel Houser.

Houser wrote that WBC was the only real church left in America.
Nora12322

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:11:10 AM

Lets see if it actually happens.
abasin

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:12:30 AM

Denying the oppressor a platform from which to speak is a revolutionary act.

I believe in free speech, therefore I must do everything within my power to deny an audience and a platform to those who would see it taken away. This is so often seen as hypocritical. Tell me, is a doctor a hypocrite for killing cancer to save a life?

I don't advocate for the use of physical force or violence to stop these people from believing what they do or voicing it in their own personal property or whatever venue they might create. What I do advocate for is taking every single noncoercive measure possible to stop them. All it takes to kill fascism a little bit more is for you to assert your right to not provide a platform or an audience to fascists. If you don't listen to them and you don't let them speak to you, you deny them a vector from which to infect other minds.

And who's the fascists here? Those expressing distasteful views, or those trying to arrest them for their views?
KriszDev

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:19:21 AM

Hold on, only the government is banned from interfering in your right to freedom of speech if I'm not mistaken.

In any case people are just sick of their (*)(*)(*)(*).

and this is their Christian beliefs... so it also interferes with their religious freedoms
redandblack (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:20:05 AM

The beauty of the 1st Amendment is everyone gets their fair share. At the same time, no one likes these (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)s and if they get arrested I honestly won't care because I nor anyone else will lose any sleep over it.

so you are ok with censorship. Got it.
rio3232

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:23:09 AM

This is what the group of Christian lawyers want... to sue people for taking away their right to protest, their free speech rights..... it's how they support themselves

No one likes them, but not much you can do about them in a free country... same with the kkk, is Jindal gonna arrest them too?

I would imagine he would if they showed up at a black persons funeral chanting "God hates ni**ers"...what do you think?

I would be ok with their church burning to the ground with every one of them in it! If they want to protest then fine...do it on a street corner, not at a funeral of someone they do not even know full of grieving family members, disgusting pieces of trash!
Harriss

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:24:05 AM

He may feel there exists that statutory authority to arrest under Louisiana law. I am interested in looking at the statute first before I prejudge. The truth is that there are statutory and regulatory limitations on free speech and assembly that the courts have determined to be constitutional. Maybe he has one. The arrests are likely to sort this out,as judges begin to see the suspects and the charges and does a little legal research. The arrest examination is part of the clarifying process in law.
bukceline

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:25:06 AM

They have a right to protest like any other group.
arul.BP

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:25:54 AM

Sit down and shut up, Bobby!

I don't like what WBC does, but to threaten to arrest them is just as bad.
Riniojet

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:26:50 AM

He may feel there exists that statutory authority to arrest under Louisiana law. I am interested in looking at the statute first before I prejudge. The truth is that there are statutory and regulatory limitations on free speech and assembly that the courts have determined to be constitutional. Maybe he has one. The arrests are likely to sort this out,as judges begin to see the suspects and the charges and does a little legal research. The arrest examination is part of the clarifying process in law.

The Supreme Court already ruled on Westboro, they can still protest outside a buffer zone between them and the funeral legally. I believe La. has such a law that implements a buffer zone, and if it's violated the demonstrators are subject to arrest.
monas

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:27:48 AM

I didn't say anything about censorship. I basically just said I don't give a (*)(*)(*)(*) what happens to them and whether they get arrested or not the world is gonna move on and keep spinning.

godlyitems

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:28:31 AM

Some people are under a misconception that we have a right to protect anywhere and any place we like. This is not the case. We can not protest on private property without the owner's permission. Protests must also meet the "time, place, manner" concept. Personally, I feel that protesting funerals (any funeral) is the lowest of low.
rio3232

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:29:31 AM

Some people are under a misconception that we have a right to protect anywhere and any place we like. This is not the case. We can not protest on private property without the owner's permission. Protests must also meet the "time, place, manner" concept. Personally, I feel that protesting funerals (any funeral) is the lowest of low.

I agree with you,and what exactly are they protesting at a funeral?

These people have no grievances...they simply show up to agitate people in mourning! They're trash!
peterson33

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:30:23 AM

And who's the fascists here? Those expressing distasteful views, or those trying to arrest them for their views?

If they're told that they have no business intruding upon someone else's event and do it anyway, that's their own fault.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: