Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:36:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you buy physical gold?  (Read 6880 times)
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 07:21:20 AM

i was collecting several gold coins a few years ago, but stopped doing so after losing interest. but it was only for collecting, not investing.
Pk880058

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 07:43:53 AM

I like collecting gold and have also collected much to fulfill my desire and now I'm holding it for the right time to sell.

Also that I believe in Bitcoin and also hold it till the end of the mining process.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 11:40:14 PM

I like collecting gold and have also collected much to fulfill my desire and now I'm holding it for the right time to sell.

Also that I believe in Bitcoin and also hold it till the end of the mining process.

You plan to live beyond 2140? I like your grand vision. When the final fraction of a coin plops out you can be there to regale the world's media about watching it all pan out from the earliest days.

Pk880058

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 02:50:39 PM

You plan to live beyond 2140? I like your grand vision. When the final fraction of a coin plops out you can be there to regale the world's media about watching it all pan out from the earliest days.

holy Shit, I didn't know that last block will be mined in 2140. If so then it's OK for me my future generations can make money off it and live an independent life.
Or maybe technology will become so advanced till then that I'll live more than 200 years. Lol Grin
s1ng
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 02:57:00 PM

No I don't because I have invest for bitcoin. Although someone talk everything is good about gold as great investation, I keep choose bitcoin for now.

I prefer to hold gold (for now) because as the bitcoin prices are leveling down so gold is better. If again bitcoin prices raised then the leader is bitcoin compare to gold.

You may hold bitcoin and gold altogether if you have some fund
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 03:04:41 PM

Anyone tried BitGold? I think it is a good investment. It's like if you had physical gold. Might be investing in this as soon as I get more money... Roll Eyes

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 03:16:27 PM

Anyone tried BitGold? I think it is a good investment. It's like if you had physical gold. Might be investing in this as soon as I get more money... Roll Eyes

Why not just buy gold if that's your thing? There are plenty of places that sell the physical variety for BTC and you don't have to worry about anything going wrong.
Jorge320

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 12:39:15 AM

I like BTC due to easy of liquidity.

Just out of curiosity to the gold holders out there, how hard is it to convert coins/bars back into fiat if needed?
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 01:09:29 AM

the only gold that I have is a wedding ring, a necklace and bracelet.
I was thinking of buying gold as an investment since I am near a place where they turn gold to jewelry and vise versa.
megatown

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:08:29 AM

I have a few gold coins.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:16:33 AM

I like BTC due to easy of liquidity.

Just out of curiosity to the gold holders out there, how hard is it to convert coins/bars back into fiat if needed?

It is not so hard to convert it to cash but it is difficult to keep safely because we can loose it, if we are not careful. I have few gold bars as a investments.
Jorge320

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:46:11 PM

"I like BTC due to easy of liquidity.

It is not so hard to convert it to cash but it is difficult to keep safely because we can loose it, if we are not careful. I have few gold bars as a investments."

MinerHQ, so do you convert at a jewelry store or some kind of exchange?  I find the idea of physical gold really interesting.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 12:56:54 AM

Yes I do own some gold, but now it's not the time to buy it. Gold's value is declining and it will continue declining in the near future.

On ghe other side I am trying to get as many bitcoins as I can since I think bitcoin value will go just up in the near future.

Firstly you should the secrete of trading when all people selling one should start slowly accumulate to make more profit because we can't predict when it will start moving up and once it happens then we can't catch it. 
fullypak
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 12:53:41 AM

Why not just buy gold if that's your thing? There are plenty of places that sell the physical variety for BTC and you don't have to worry about anything going wrong.

Yes your correct. If one want to invest in gold then just buy a gold directly and sell when you want it. I think gold selling may be so difficult in almost all countries
Pk880058

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 05:05:10 PM

Yes your correct. If one want to invest in gold then just buy a gold directly and sell when you want it. I think gold selling may be so difficult in almost all countries
No, lol.
It is not difficult to sell gold.
And it's far more easy then buying and selling bitcoins.
Just take proper proofs with you that you are the owner of that gold and that it is not stolen, and you will be presented with cash.
lady Royal

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 06:43:12 PM

well ...
Yeah off-course i like to buy and hold gold physically ,and i do it ...
i buy gold in form of jewelry so that it works in both why i can wear it and it save my money ....

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
■   .PRIVATE SALE is LIVE.   ■
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Whitepaper   ■   Bounty   ■   Bitcointalk

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
 ███  ▀ █▄ ▄▀ ▀▄  ▀  ▄ ██ ██
  ▀▀ █▄ ▄  ▄█ ▀ █▀  ▀ ▄ ▄▄  ▄█▄
███     ▀▀   ▄█▄       ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██  ▀         ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀██
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
..Skynet..
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram   ■   Facebook   ■   Twitter   ■   Medium   ■   Reddit   ■   LinkedIn
.CREATING THE INTELLIGENT MACHINE ECONOMY.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 11:34:51 PM

Nope. I rather buy myself some extra bitcoins than having to buy physical gold. Purely because I think Bitcoin will give me a better return after a few years.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 07:08:53 AM

Yeah, I've been buying little bits of gold for about 2 years now with Bitcoin.
I'm actually thinking of making a rather large purchase now that the price has dropped.

Eodguy149

Activity: 578
Merit: 554

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 09:13:55 AM

yep, love the stuff -

This is my stash to date, 37.9 troy oz fine gold + about 65oz silver and a little platinum and palladium -

That is a very nice collection. Two things I love about it: the treasure trunk that you keep it all in and the Panda on top  Cheesy

"Initial Success or Total Failure"
Digit-0

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

in the end, you only find the beginning

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 11:03:22 AM

is not the first time i really think about to buy physical gold, but after i discover the bitcoin world, i dont want it anymore.

Bitcoins is all we need, ovbiously from my point of view gold is a real and good alternative, but now my priority is BTC Wink
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: