Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:30:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin, the Religion?!  (Read 4323 times)
deliciousowl (OP)

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 10:36:39 PM

what?

dodgecharger

Activity: 1005
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 03:14:05 AM

1- In the beginning, Satoshi created Bitcoin and the BTC protocol.
2- Now the coin was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of Satoshi was hovering over the waters.
2- And Satoshi coded a blockchain, and there was a blockchain.
3- Satoshi saw that the blockchain was good, and he separated cryptocurrency from fiat currency.
4- Satoshi called the light "Bitcoin", and called the darkness "Fiat". And there was evening, and there was morning - the Genesis Block
And so sayeth the prophecy. Amen.  Smiley
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1126

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 06:45:56 AM

Just let people do what they want, like make a religion, become a prophet, legalize same marriage, do abortion, do drugs, or etc. The most important point for world people nowadays isnt religion nor god, but human rights. With human rights, anything can be made.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 07:00:49 AM

I argue that Cryptocurrencies function as distinct religious beliefs, which affect ego permeability by playing into our natural tendencies to perceive attributes of money and value as inherently magic and spiritual.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/bitcoin-religion-filip-martinka-

Do you think that cryptocurrencies are religions?

That depends from the kind of people. There are people that made religious about any kind of things. If some of they will be affected to much about bitcoin they for sure will build a church in their home with the ASIC in the center of it and where will pray five time in a day that difficulty will not be increased and that they will have more and more bitcoins.
g1974ak

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 07:06:03 AM

I argue that Cryptocurrencies function as distinct religious beliefs, which affect ego permeability by playing into our natural tendencies to perceive attributes of money and value as inherently magic and spiritual.

It will be religion for the lovers of the money. Those who love the money will love this kind of new money and will do everything to have some. That kind of people love to diversificate their investments and bitcoin will be so,e new interesting investment. Is told that the value of bitcoin will be higher and higher in time and even this is not known for sure they will try to diversificate and have some (consistent some) bitcoin to try the destiny.
deliciousowl (OP)

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 09:15:07 AM

That depends from the kind of people. There are people that made religious about any kind of things. If some of they will be affected to much about bitcoin they for sure will build a church in their home with the ASIC in the center of it and where will pray five time in a day that difficulty will not be increased and that they will have more and more bitcoins.

That depends. The mining process is based on randomness, and countless theological scholars argue that randomness is insight into the mind of god. And empirically, it reflects the structure of the universe.

Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 11:31:38 AM

For me it is like a religion! If one really believes in digital currencies, it's mission will be to help the future establishment of the currency. Anyone who believes in Bitcoin is always trying to make people understand its true potential.
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1126

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 02:54:07 PM

For me it is like a religion! If one really believes in digital currencies, it's mission will be to help the future establishment of the currency. Anyone who believes in Bitcoin is always trying to make people understand its true potential.
So is your religion bitcoin then? If yes, what would you do to worship to your 'god'. Believe in something doesnt mean that you should worship it. I think people here dont understand what the religion is.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
zeraTunerse

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 09:59:59 PM

So is your religion bitcoin then? If yes, what would you do to worship to your 'god'. Believe in something doesnt mean that you should worship it. I think people here dont understand what the religion is.

Exactly, it is just an currency, let it be only a currency, don't make it a religion, as today you are thinking bitcoin as a religion and tomorrow if we have some better currency then we would simply forget bitcoins, so lets be practical and treat bitcoin only as a currency and not a religion.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: