Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:23:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why does Bytecoin have GUI wallet but Monero not?  (Read 1533 times)
cybermoney.io (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 01:37:13 AM

Monero folks are saying it's the creme de la creme of crypto, like the holy grail. The best. They also claim Bytecoin is garbage.

BUT why is it that Monero is a fork of Bytecoin? Also why does Bytecoin have a GUI wallet, but Monero has a DOS-like command line wallet only?

isn't this fucking hilarious, I mean like outrageously fucking hilarious?

pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 01:38:08 AM

It has a gui wallet, look for MoneroX
cybermoney.io (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 01:43:13 AM

ok, thanks, checked that out.  PLEASE gimme a break my friend.

that is Windows only .NET wallet (o0) and not even official... checked Bytecoin & they have a cross OS official wallet.

tbh Monero [to me] is mainly hot air talk of some arrogant piece of shit people who are desperate for money so they're bashing everything else as a full time job.

if they have the balls to fork a project, then be a man and give it the credit it deserves... don't be a pussy talking bad about your own father.  It's called manners, and gratitude.

omg
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 01:53:15 AM

You are one of the countless new accounts created by the bytecoin scammers. Now tell why are you so greedy to mine almost all of the currency for yourself?
cybermoney.io (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 01:55:00 AM

You are one of the countless new accounts created by the bytecoin scammers. Now tell why are you so greedy to mine almost all of the currency for yourself?

nah,

I think ByteCoin and Monero both have 0 future

its just funny to me that monero are discrediting their own father and fuck around with it, where its clearly more advanced.

its like seeing two dorks fighting, the weaker one having the big ass mouth

Wink you know what I'm talking about.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 01:55:30 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2015, 09:35:03 AM by smooth

ok, thanks, checked that out.  PLEASE gimme a break my friend.

that is Windows only .NET wallet (o0) and not even official... checked Bytecoin & they have a cross OS official wallet.

Why does official matter to you?

The most popular Bitcoin wallets, Electrum, Multibit, Mycelium, Blockchain.info, Coinbase, Breadwallet, etc. are all what you call unofficial.

The sign of a successful open source project is that all does not disseminate from some central secret cabal or worshiped prophet/developer who runs everything, it comes from a flourishing community that builds on it.

if they have the balls to fork a project, then be a man and give it the credit it deserves... don't be a pussy talking bad about your own father.  It's called manners, and gratitude.

You are right, it is good to be polite about things. Thank you so much Bytecoin for being a bunch of lying, defrauding, sock-puppet-operating, manipulative, greedy scumbags (who occasionally pump their premine stash with retarded non-innovations like closed-source wallets with, OMG!, color-schemes, and impenetrable github bulk commits of uncommented and/or comment-stripped code). Without you, there would be no Monero.
kazuki49

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 02:15:27 AM

yamn, another desperate newbie account attacking Monero Cheesy I would pay 1,000 XMR to see their faces when Monero is at $100.

but of course they own Monero, they are just mad no one gives 2 piconero to their scams.
americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 04:40:58 AM

You are welcome to check my own extensive research into the matter over on the Monero subreddit, which includes many linked comments from when Bytecoin first surfaced and people figured out that it was 80% premined: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/3f2fpd/the_strange_birth_history_of_monero_part_i_wtf_is/

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
esoum.1003

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 11:24:29 AM

if they have the balls to fork a project, then be a man and give it the credit it deserves... don't be a pussy talking bad about your own father.  It's called manners, and gratitude.

omg

Man you are so wrong, they did not fork Bytecoin, they stole bitmonero from thankful_for_today, the real creator.

Is it true?Huh

They are a bunch of thieves that dont understand the tech of the coin they stole, this is fucking hilarious.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 12:05:08 PM

Man you are so wrong, they did not fork Bytecoin, they stole bitmonero from thankful_for_today, the real creator.

Is it true?Huh

No it is not true.

Nobody "stole" bitmonero, it's still there:

https://github.com/bitmonero-project/bitmonero

What was done is forking it, which is what happens when open source projects are run by retards and/or people who behave like retards and who lose the confidence of the community.

esoum.1003

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 01:01:53 PM

Is it true?Huh

No it is not true.

What was done is forking it, which is what happens when open source projects are run by retards and/or people who behave like retards and who lose the confidence of the community.

Please tell the "community" why when you launch bitmonero for the first time it creates a folder bitmonero. What exactly did you changed? Dont answer that, i know, NOTHING

Please just tell the true, that you guys dont know nothing about Bytecoin code.

If you guys want to be respected, please create a coin and the code from scratch like yours fathers did.

Don't insult the intelligence of the community by promoting thankful_for_today project as your work.

You just stole is project because he did not make the changes that you devs wanted.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 01:13:21 PM

Is it true?Huh

No it is not true.

Please tell the "community" why when you launch bitmonero for the first time it creates a folder bitmonero. What exactly did you changed? Dont answer that, i know, NOTHING

Sounds like you should be happy, bitmonero lives on!

BTW,

bitmonero-project repo: 67 commits
monero-project repo:1072 commits

Something tells me you don't quite have this story right.

That's okay though, you'll still get paid for your sock puppet trolling.

esoum.1003

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 01:29:21 PM

@smooth

Well, i can tell you that i was here when bitmonero was created and i liked the coin immediately, but i don´t like your attitude from disrespect of others coins.

the most disgusting in you are the lack of gratitude for bytecoin/cryptonote creators.

If you are so good please create a code for your coin.

Now i must agree with you, when bitmonero, ups, sorry, monero going down i am gonna cash out.
whap

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 02:15:57 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2015, 02:26:16 PM by whap

@smooth

Well, i can tell you that i was here when bitmonero was created and i liked the coin immediately, but i don´t like your attitude from disrespect of others coins.

the most disgusting in you are the lack of gratitude for bytecoin/cryptonote creators.

If you are so good please create a code for your coin.

Now i must agree with you, when bitmonero, ups, sorry, monero going down i am gonna cash out.

Which coins does he "disrespect"? He's publicly critical about 2 projects, both inheriting an obviously shady history. This has nothing to do with lack of gratitude, but with being honest and sceptic about some weird and probably fraudulent backgrounds concerning these projects. We are not painting landscapes in oil here, there are people investing their hard earned money in thrustworthy open source software, and the least they deserve is honesty and public legitimacy. Why is r/Bytecoin not public btw?

Maybe you don't have the brain to think around corners, but isn't smooths dedication of his ressources AND his lifetime to crytonote tech not enough of a gratitude? The more i read about BCN and DSH, the more i get convinced about their greed driven backrounds at the expense of their honest (and unfortunately naive) supportes.
esoum.1003

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 02:36:39 PM

@whap

So, you keep calling them scammers, and then you want to enter the team.

Why is r/Bytcoin not public, please dad let me enter, lol.

They don't care what you say or think, they have a great plan and you are not in it. lol.

Man, look at your coin, is a disgrace by is lack of development. The people that are buying moneros are unfortunately naive supporters.
whap

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 02:45:51 PM

@whap

So, you keep calling them scammers, and then you want to enter the team.

Why is r/Bytcoin not public, please dad let me enter, lol.

They don't care what you say or think, they have a great plan and you are not in it. lol.

Man, look at your coin, is a disgrace by is lack of development. The people that are buying moneros are unfortunately naive supporters.

Thanks, that's all i wanted to hear  Kiss Hey, i guess your mom is calling you for lunch!

solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 02:59:58 PM

The more i read about BCN and DSH, the more i get convinced about their greed driven backrounds at the expense of their honest (and unfortunately naive) supportes.

Everyone around here is greedy, don't kid yourselves, you don't think someone like smooth isn't looking to get rich either? Besides what is the point of currency but to accumulate it and spend it and make money, it is the essence of capitalism.

Anyway the only thing I disagree with about the original Bytecoin devs is how they tried to cover up their premine shenanigans. I think they should have been more honest and been like, we created this revolutionary new crypto tech, we are proud of our work and believe we should be compensated for it and will be distributing all of the coins at xx cents a piece on __ exchange for the community to distribute, if you don't like it, don't buy.

No one calls Factom or Ethereum a scam because they chose to premine the majority of the supply and sell it off as an ICO. The cryptonote team should have done something similar.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 03:10:18 PM

Well said solid12345

I don't really think the ICO model is going to stand the test of time, but at least it is more honest in the sense that, as you say, if you don't like, don't buy.

When investors stop buying then we'll have to come up with something more sustainable, but whatever that is, I'm sure honest and talented developers will still do fine with it.

There will always be scammers though, trying to get even more for less.

esoum.1003

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 03:23:25 PM

@whap
@smooth

Do you know who this gentleman is? I think you do.

Please look at the date, almost half a year has passed and the post is up to date, lol, how is that possible. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

As for me - monero is a biggest bubble, because there is only speculation about it, blockchain is unusable with its size, IMO almost everything about monero seems terrible - unusable blockchain size (On average PC, it just can`t be a network node), block intervals, tx generation size,  fee size, no GUI after almost 1 year since start,  totally wrong way of development, looks like just no understanding of CN technology.

"software development and infrastructure creation that is done by The Monero Project. " lol you are confirming my words - XRM devs can`t develop the coin, because of low technology understanding, they just make some poor services around original source code, like closed source web wallets.
There is nothing that monero gives to cryptocurrency world, except the wrong way in understanding the new technology, such a pity.

Please monero devs, stop scamming people, once and for all, just tell that you dont understand what you are doing.

Just like smooth says in several topics, i feel the obligation of alert new  users of this forum, for is lack of information.

Please dont need to thank me.
whap

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 03:32:04 PM

Everyone around here is greedy, don't kid yourselves, you don't think someone like smooth isn't looking to get rich either? Besides what is the point of currency but to accumulate it and spend it and make money, it is the essence of capitalism.

Exactly, that's why i don't trust anyone owning more than 80% of a coin. The market is under their control, and i'm exposed to their arbitrariness.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: