Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:28:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why does Bytecoin have GUI wallet but Monero not?  (Read 1533 times)
esoum.1003

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 03:38:42 PM

Everyone around here is greedy, don't kid yourselves, you don't think someone like smooth isn't looking to get rich either? Besides what is the point of currency but to accumulate it and spend it and make money, it is the essence of capitalism.

Exactly, that's why i don't trust anyone owning more than 80% of a coin. The market is under their control, and i'm exposed to their arbitrariness.

You have a jr. account, did you read my post, no need to thank me. Smiley Smiley
pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 03:49:56 PM

Everyone around here is greedy, don't kid yourselves, you don't think someone like smooth isn't looking to get rich either? Besides what is the point of currency but to accumulate it and spend it and make money, it is the essence of capitalism.

Exactly, that's why i don't trust anyone owning more than 80% of a coin. The market is under their control, and i'm exposed to their arbitrariness.

80% ownership by a single party of a cryptonote coin (such as Bytecoin) also destroys much of its utility, as that party can easily de-anonymize other users (since they will control the vast majority of the outputs).
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 02:53:12 AM

Newb accounts that don't accomplish anything - they can't even push the price down far enough for my buy orders to fill. Stupid kids trolls can't do anything right nowadays!

HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 09:04:21 AM

because xmr does not have any real developers?

esoum.1003

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:12:11 AM

because xmr does not have any real developers?

Lips sealed
Please don't say that, it's a secret... in this forum... not somewhere else.

They gonna call us bad names, like troll, child, kids, etc ....
boolberry

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:34:05 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2015, 11:27:45 AM by boolberry

GUI mainly influences usability.  Usability will be more important once many people start using CryptoNote coins as currencies.

At this point no CryptoNote economy is well established. Technical differences between coins are more important than GUI concerns at this point.

Boolberry has a GUI but it is not our largest advantage.
https://twitter.com/BBRcurrency/status/627037831412756480
esoum.1003

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:32:28 AM

GUI mainly influences usability.  Usability will be more important once many people start using CryptoNote coins as currencies.

At this point no CryptoNote economy is well established. Technical differences between coins are more important than GUI concerns at this point.

Can you tell how long do you have a GUI wallet?

Trolleros devs think that the important is to have a CLI, lol, no upgrade is needed.
boolberry

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:38:21 AM

Can you tell how long do you have a GUI wallet?

Trolleros devs think that the important is to have a CLI, lol, no upgrade is needed.

Please respect the Monero development team. They have done many interesting things already, such as OpenAlias which is now being integrated into Electrum. My post was clear. I do not think a GUI is the most important thing at this point. As an economy develops it will become more important.

As others have pointed out, web wallets and 3rd party solutions (like Electrum) can also play a role
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: