Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:52:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to decide what cryptocurrencies to invest in?  (Read 2072 times)
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 04:07:32 PM

It's speculation rather than investing.

The thing is, when the pump hits social media then it's already late for profiting from it.

Try creating a shitcoin and see how many idiots buy it, might be more profitable than gambling on existing altcoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 04:11:55 PM

reRaise seems to be one of the most passive-aggressive and hostile bagholders I have ever seen.  I wonder if that guy is a "reverse troll", someone who claims to be a defender / proponent of something but is against it and working hard to discredit it with their spamming.  Reading reRaise's posts makes me to never want to download GetGems let alone buy some.

GetGems for the longest time had virtually no volume and almost all their volume is on Poloniex, an exchange where pump and dump groups are known to run rampant.  You just need the pump groups to dump Gems, or Poloniex has another "accident", and GetGems will be in a death spiral.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.callgram.messenger&hl=en
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.getgemsmessenger.app&hl=en

Nobody wants GetGems.  I know they're pressing F5 and starting another download for the 20th time, but this "CallGram" is newer (May 2015 release) and already has 500,000 downloads...   GetGems released back in January and only has "5,000-10,000" downloads.

and that is because everyone loves free calling.
But crypto community is so small that if a new country is made of crypto lovers then only a single rain can wipe out all those people. Lol

You hit the nail. Why would anyone install an app that pays them in "token" which can't be sold to $ without going through long ass process. Nobody got time for that...not even poverty brahs.

Meanwhil Getgems just made a fool out of these retards and running ads inside their app to earn even more revenue.

There was $780k collected during ICO. Where did it go? nobody cares..bunch of gullible investors who think getgems would take over crypto through some magic and they don't even care about competitors such as whatsapp, facebook, google hangout  lol. Millions of user would just give up and install getgemz so they can earn pennies? lol

it's hilarious imho.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Derrike

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 04:46:20 PM

It's speculation rather than investing.

The thing is, when the pump hits social media then it's already late for profiting from it.

Try creating a shitcoin and see how many idiots buy it, might be more profitable than gambling on existing altcoins.
yup that's right.
The initial pumps and dumps are so huge in newly created altcoins.
That's why it's advised to get in very early and get out early.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 05:09:10 PM

Hi, I'm relatively new to cryptocurrencies and i want to start investing. I'm just wondering how to decide what currencies to invest in. There are so many its hard to decide. I currently own some: Dash coins, litecoins, shadow cash, ripple, and of course bitcoins. Is there any good methods of choosing currencies other than just identifying trends in charts or reading about them? Any other beginner advice?

I would stick to bitcoin and litecoin. If you must invest in altcoins take a look at the Altcoin List at Bitcoin Wisdom. Only altcoins with good market cap make it to the list. Then look at individual charts for the coins listed to see what interests you. Look for coins with price above the 200 day moving average on a daily chart.

Most altcoins are pump and dumps if you have the time and inclination you can identify the most promising new one at Bittrex and get in on the pump then dump it before the crowd beats you to it.

hankman

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 06:56:01 PM

Hi, I'm relatively new to cryptocurrencies and i want to start investing. I'm just wondering how to decide what currencies to invest in. There are so many its hard to decide. I currently own some: Dash coins, litecoins, shadow cash, ripple, and of course bitcoins. Is there any good methods of choosing currencies other than just identifying trends in charts or reading about them? Any other beginner advice?

I would stick to bitcoin and litecoin. If you must invest in altcoins take a look at the Altcoin List at Bitcoin Wisdom. Only altcoins with good market cap make it to the list. Then look at individual charts for the coins listed to see what interests you. Look for coins with price above the 200 day moving average on a daily chart.

Most altcoins are pump and dumps if you have the time and inclination you can identify the most promising new one at Bittrex and get in on the pump then dump it before the crowd beats you to it.

What a scammer. Shilling his expensive over priced marketcap coins.
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 09:44:57 PM

I think choosing your favourite altcoins is just like choosing a religion.
You can't make a rational choice because there are too many things that you cannot know about future.

Also, if you are a developer or you have lots of money to invest, your choice may change the future of the coin itself.

If you want just to speculate it is not true that a serious coin is better than a pump and dump.

The only meaningful advice is: don't invest money you can't afford lo lose.

Activity: 288
Merit: 102

Yin Yang religion of wisdom, harmony

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 08:27:59 AM

The question should be which coins to have a little gamble on.

Thank you for not sending browny points, much appreciated.

4D Torus Earth https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5042249.msg46425670#msg46425670
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: