Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:55:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long would we have to wait to see a bitcoin address collision? a LONG time.  (Read 1829 times)
Hopalong

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 08:46:58 PM

What logic? I talk about random things happening whenever you dont expect it. Like winning lotto twice. Like OP just wanting to post something and someone else just do it. Like a meteor falling down and whiping out everything bigger than a rat.

Happens all the time and no logic is involved.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/487101-its-strange-enough-these-people-won-the-lottery-twice-but-the-coincidences-dont-end-there/

It would make sense that strange things happen once in a while.  Statistically, I think you are much more likely to win the lottery twice than to be able to bruteforce a private key.

Yes, bruteforcing is probably a waste of time for you and your realitives for a long time. Randomly hiting a used adress can happen. http://www.palkeo.com/code/stealing-bitcoin.html

No idea if he tells the truth or not.

randomly hitting a "very small number" doesn't count because no one should be using small numbers.  Its just like that other thread where someone lost 50 BTC
with a BLANK passphrase.  Would you call that "randomly hitting a used address?".  No, its clearly a user error.

It is a user error to use a stupid private key. If we include a lot more people in to this tech heavy world there would be a lot more idiots with bitcoin. A lot of idiots with easy catchphrases like password, 1234567890 and so on.

One of the computer giants uses 123456789012345678901234567890 as their backdoor on all the software they produce and have used it for years. Not telling who since i had to work hard to get it. If real computer geeks cant make solid passwords how could idiots do it. The people who need to write down the 4 digit code to their credit card and keep it in the wallet right next to the card...

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: