Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:17:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in the Headlines: Rolling With the Punches  (Read 492 times)
BIT-Sharon (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 01:21:34 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-in-the-headlines-rolling-with-the-punches/
Whether its with the help of celebrities, industry players or pizza, it seems bitcoin's credibility is still being questioned from all sides.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Undermood
Legendary

Activity: 950
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 07:21:49 AM

Bitcoin is new things. Most of pp don't know it! No matter who just planed to get  involved in Bitcoin , they definitely will question it and doubt its reliability or trustworthy before making investments decision! But when the days come, every ppl around you are using it, you will be comfortable to use it!

╓▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖,
         ,▄██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▄,
        ▄████▀▀░░        ░╙▀▓███▓,
      ,███╣▒▒▒░░╓╖╖╖╖╖╖,░░░▒▒╢▓▓▓[
     ╓▓██▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓╢▓▓▓▓
    ╖▒▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▓▓▓▓▒░,
   ╫▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒               "▓▓▓▓▓▓  ╟
  ▐▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓╖              ▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ]
 ,▓▓░░░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▄           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓`░░ ▐▓▌
 ╟▓▓▌░░░ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓         ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░╓▓▓▓
 ╟▓▓▓▓   ░`▓▓▓▓▓▓,      ╟▓▓▓▓▓╜░░░░╓▓▓▓▓
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓,░ ░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░╟▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖░   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌ ╓██████▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓`
   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌  ░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓╢╣╢╢▓███▓█▀
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓@░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄░▒▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀
            ╙▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀`
InfinitusToken.io
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███

███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
   ███
⚑⚑ Read our Whitepaper
⚑⚑ Medium ⚑⚑ Telegram
[/ta
Linuld

Activity: 473

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 02:34:40 PM

That's right. There were way too many bad news about bitcoin. Scams happening, crashes, risks of terrorism and so on.

People now even have trouble to believe that banks are actually look into the blockchain tech. They can't believe these news since... bitcoins is bad. Cheesy
Fraxinus
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 05:51:58 PM

We need to clear the image of bitcoin every day.In the past it was related to quite a lot of schemes.But I truly  believe it will manage to gather a lot of positive attention as there are new markets opening for bitcoin.

Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 06:53:09 PM

The interesting thing is that most of the bad press isn't actually that bad and can easily be marginalized by mainstream celebrities and entrepreneurs discussing Bitcoin positively.

Mt. Gox and the Silk Road are footnotes that can be easily compared to situations that happen with all the time with fiat (how many drug, hit, sex transactions have happened using the US Dollar?!) So those bad press incidents can be discounted easily...also, Karpeles and Dread were pursued by the authorities, proving that bitcoin doesn't make it instantly easier to facilitate criminal activity. Online transactions are a lot easier to track than cash transactions.

I think it's great that Bitcoin is in the press, regardless of what that press may be for.

Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 07:00:07 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-in-the-headlines-rolling-with-the-punches/
Whether its with the help of celebrities, industry players or pizza, it seems bitcoin's credibility is still being questioned from all sides.

Even without the all negative things that have happened in Bitcoin (I don't want to sound negative since for me even more positive has happened in the same period) I hope people do understand how hard is to take habits away from people that they shouldn't pay anymore with conventional money and they should consider this new Internet money.

I mean this take times guys, if someone told me 10 years ago that I would be paying safely in 2015 with Internet money, I would look at him a bit blank.

Patience, patience, patience!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: