Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:37:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I've been scammed 5.5BTC. What will you do when your Bitcoin get scammed?  (Read 11284 times)
umaOuma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 11:14:22 AM

A lot of people complaining. the problem is people giving their money to some random person they do not know.

That is true, last week I was looking to sell one of my senior member account, and the buyer asked me not to involve any escrow as escrow have their own charges, he said me that you give me user name and password and I will send bitcoins to your address, how can I trust him without knowing him, so whatever trade you do, involve escrow in it or else don't trade.

That was a good decision, never do that unless you don't know him personally, but involving escrow is the best thing to do, as there are many scammers moving around to steal your bitcoins and in your case if you would have provided him username and password he would have simply changed the password and disappeared and once the password is changed you cannot do anything.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Derrike

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:40:49 PM

Are you scammed Huh
And want your Bitcoins back Huh
Ten why not join our scam buster team and subscription for you is only 5.5btc  Grin Tongue

Lol
rivoke
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:49:45 PM

Before I got scam, I must be very carefully before deciding to trade with any people.
But if that keep happen, I will try to take what should be my right
irfan01

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:57:33 PM

maybe i will not use bitcoin again Sad .. it's 5.5 BTC man  Cry
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 01:40:59 PM

A lot of people complaining. the problem is people giving their money to some random person they do not know.

That is true, last week I was looking to sell one of my senior member account, and the buyer asked me not to involve any escrow as escrow have their own charges

Every newbie checking around should have noticed that there are actually free escrows. They don't demand a reward, only allow tips being given. So there is no reason to be caught by this scammer argument anymore. Maybe it was different with escrows in the early years of bitcoin.
NextTroll

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 03:58:23 PM

Hello buddies,

It would be sad story if our bitcoin get scammed.  Cry

But it does happen from time to times, as we are all human beings, we are kind of greedy, we all want more bitcoins, and we all want the bitcoin in our wallet growing and growing ...

Then, we may get scammed by some online games, get scammed by gambling, get scammed by some investment programs, get scammed by ponzi schemes...etc., we send them our bitcoin base on their promising promises, but after the payment we'll never get their delivery as return ...  and we may even get scammed by our best friends as well ...

I've been scammed by a ponzi program called Rockwell Partner, I was scammed 5.5 BTC there.
I could do nothing expect shouting everywhere it was a scammer.

What did you do to fight against the scammers when your bitcoin was scammed?

just put up with it
GamNoob

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 07:52:15 AM

Hello buddies,

But it does happen from time to times, as we are all human beings, we are kind of greedy, we all want more bitcoins, and we all want the bitcoin in our wallet growing and growing ...

Then, we may get scammed by some online games, get scammed by gambling, get scammed by some investment programs, get scammed by ponzi schemes...etc., we send them our bitcoin base on their promising promises, but after the payment we'll never get their delivery as return ...  and we may even get scammed by our best friends as well ...

I've been scammed by a ponzi program called Rockwell Partner, I was scammed 5.5 BTC there.

Sorry to hear this story, you were just in your back luck.
gripflierGO

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:56:11 PM

It is unfortunate to hear this, and yeah it's 5.5. BTC and that is a very big amount, cannot afford to loose it, but the only we need to suggest is that you need to be careful next time before dealing with anyone, either you are buying or selling accounts, do no forget to involve escrow in it, as they are the trusted people on this forum, and yes avoid ponzi schemes.
lololhyip

Activity: 80

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 01:03:53 PM

Hello buddies,

Be wiser next time when you invest in HYIPs.
Nothingboy (OP)

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 10:30:32 AM

No, I will still using bitcoin.
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 01:29:31 PM

For some people 5.5 Bitcoin is not bigger amount but for some people its a lot of money ( like me ) i could get trauma if i get scammed for 5.5 Bitcoin maybe i will not using bitcoin again it means i will not using to invest my bitcoin to the sh*tt ponzi site but i still using bitcoin for transaction or etc because i love it
i think 5.5 bitcoin is not a lot of money for Op Smiley
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 02:55:40 PM

For some people 5.5 Bitcoin is not bigger amount but for some people its a lot of money ( like me ) i could get trauma if i get scammed for 5.5 Bitcoin maybe i will not using bitcoin again it means i will not using to invest my bitcoin to the sh*tt ponzi site but i still using bitcoin for transaction or etc because i love it
i think 5.5 bitcoin is not a lot of money for Op Smiley

If you invest 5.5 Bitcoin into shit you can't complain if you get scammed. A real trauma would be, I don't know, losing a trezzor, or a paper wallet, or a HDD due failure or getting hacked, something unfortunate that makes you lose the coins, not some dumb investment move.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:14:15 PM

Yeah you should keep use it.
Losing 5.5 btc is not end of the world instead it teach you some experience so this will not happen again on the future
coinbitte

Activity: 90

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 03:27:24 AM

Hello buddies,

You are so unlucky.

I'm growing my BTCs by 0.72-1.44% each day on https://bitcoinprofit.net/boss/coinbitte
Hilgo

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 07:25:20 AM

Sorry to hear that you got scammed ( or you made it up)! Anyways, A scammer scammed me 0.4 BTC at 999dice and this is what i did Tongue
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTewHaMAih98DZ0YpAyNO7wL-cCET0nbAelsBgtNfgIx_9YJWwVfuUZHZk

You cannot do anything since the nature of bitcoin doesn't allow to reverse transactions!
Yes, there's nothing we can do after being scammed.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 08:10:20 AM

I lost around BTC30 in a scam almost 3 years ago. Back then, those coins were almost two-third of my total Bitcoin holdings. For a few weeks, I was really depressed, and thought about quitting the Bitcoin scene altogether. But as time passed, I tried to forget that incident gradually, and after a few months I was back collecting my mBTCs.
nero987

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 09:04:20 AM

I was stupid enough to fall for the cloudminr.io scam...
Fortunatly I started early enough, and they went down at the moment I had 108% ROI...

Just watch out what you do with your coins, just like you would watch out what you do with your fiat...
klm bitcoin

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 09:45:06 PM

Bitcoin can be stolen. It can be stolen as any other currency out there
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 10:58:03 PM

Just because it can be stolen doesn't mean it's bad. Even the best and most ideal currency can be stolen.
Delek

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

Salí para ver

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 03:05:54 PM

Oh man this is very sad. I love bitcoins but there is too much risk if you dont know exactly how to protect them.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
-> delek.net <-
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: