Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:27:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: I've been scammed 5.5BTC. What will you do when your Bitcoin get scammed?  (Read 11284 times)
Nothingboy (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 01:33:18 PM

Hello buddies,

It would be sad story if our bitcoin get scammed.  Cry

But it does happen from time to times, as we are all human beings, we are kind of greedy, we all want more bitcoins, and we all want the bitcoin in our wallet growing and growing ...

Then, we may get scammed by some online games, get scammed by gambling, get scammed by some investment programs, get scammed by ponzi schemes...etc., we send them our bitcoin base on their promising promises, but after the payment we'll never get their delivery as return ...  and we may even get scammed by our best friends as well ...

I've been scammed by a ponzi program called Rockwell Partner, I was scammed 5.5 BTC there.
I could do nothing expect shouting everywhere it was a scammer.

What did you do to fight against the scammers when your bitcoin was scammed?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Brad Pitt

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 01:47:19 PM

Well I fight them by not giving them any of my money. People should just stay away from ponzis alltogether as they will scam at some point. Use a trusted escrow for all other deals where you don't trust the other person and you should be fine.
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 01:50:00 PM

Hello buddies,

But it does happen from time to times, as we are all human beings, we are kind of greedy, we all want more bitcoins, and we all want the bitcoin in our wallet growing and growing ...

Then, we may get scammed by some online games, get scammed by gambling, get scammed by some investment programs, get scammed by ponzi schemes...etc., we send them our bitcoin base on their promising promises, but after the payment we'll never get their delivery as return ...  and we may even get scammed by our best friends as well ...

I've been scammed by a ponzi program called Rockwell Partner, I was scammed 5.5 BTC there.

Sorry for lose.  I got scammed by gox for a decent chunk of bitcoin so i know how it feels.  I will say i took into account my money was at high risk though i just thought it would be OK with the information i knew at the time.  Obviously i couldn't have been further wrong.  Now im way more careful.
afriezalie

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 01:51:01 PM

Hello buddies,

It would be sad story if our bitcoin get scammed.  Cry

Then, we may get scammed by some online games, get scammed by gambling, get scammed by some investment programs, get scammed by ponzi schemes...etc., we send them our bitcoin base on their promising promises, but after the payment we'll never get their delivery as return ...  and we may even get scammed by our best friends as well ...

I'm sorry to hear this Sad. If it was me, i would forget about it. Don't wasted your time to shout scammers. First it's your first experience, so let your 5.5BTC go because they won't return your BTC anymore. Learn from this and don't try ponzi again Wink
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 01:52:15 PM

Hello buddies,

Then, we may get scammed by some online games, get scammed by gambling, get scammed by some investment programs, get scammed by ponzi schemes...etc., we send them our bitcoin base on their promising promises, but after the payment we'll never get their delivery as return ...  and we may even get scammed by our best friends as well ...

now you should have learnt your lesson buddy.

buy and hold is the best strategy for you. you should use BTC too. and learn more about it  Smiley

i never lost a Satoshi.

Sarthak

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 01:53:15 PM

Sorry to hear that you got scammed ( or you made it up)! Anyways, A scammer scammed me 0.4 BTC at 999dice and this is what i did Tongue

You cannot do anything since the nature of bitcoin doesn't allow to reverse transactions!

amaclin
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 02:28:01 PM

I've been scammed by a ponzi program
This is bitcoin designed for.
Yes. It was designed for scam. Point.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 02:33:40 PM

So what about the millions lost in chargebacks through credit cards which have 180 days of confirmations? There are more millions lost with cards than there are with Bitcoins.

Bitcoin means responsibility. If you get scammed then get wise and don't be an idiot. And no, scammed by gambling is not a scam, you are taking a risk.

Im sure in the future there will be business made to try to regain losses on a scam anyway, but ultimately it's your fault. Nothing wrong there. I lost money by investing in some shitty alt waiting for a pump that never happened. Why would I complain about losing money? it's stupid. Bitcoin is perfect, I wasn't, I was an idiot, so was OP.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 02:38:10 PM

So what about the millions lost in chargebacks through credit cards which have 180 days of confirmations? There are more millions lost with cards than there are with Bitcoins.

Bitcoin means responsibility. If you get scammed then get wise and don't be an idiot. And no, scammed by gambling is not a scam, you are taking a risk.

This is credit card designed for.

@amaclin

google bitcoin 101  Wink

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 02:46:45 PM

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 03:33:34 PM

I would figure out why it happened and what I did wrong, then not do that again

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 03:36:35 PM

Sorry what?
Check the darknet and have a look what the people are dealing there when it comes to financials.
Bank accounts, credit cards, paypal, Western Union!!!!
And the damage created through that 3 systems is way higher compared to BTC theft.

Regarding credit cards check the link for some statistics.
http://www.statisticbrain.com/credit-card-fraud-statistics/
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 03:41:04 PM

The best way to not get scammed is not getting scammed, period. If you do get scammed, it was your fault. If you don't want to take care of your own Bitcoins you should use a system like Xapo while you are at it, so if you lose your password you have someone else to blame that isn't you, because it will be their responsability to keep your Bitcoins. Some people like this model better than the responsibility one.
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 04:21:26 PM

There are some very smart and talented scammers out there that are good at what they do. But scams are universal, I couldn't count all the dollar-based scams in the world
Hopalong

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:13:39 PM

Can you document this as i think it is a lie.
Bitinity
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1312

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:22:40 PM

well 5.5btc is a big amount, it is my salary for 5months. If it was me, of course I will cry at first but since nothing to do to get them back so its better to pray and hope we will get another 5.5 Smiley

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:34:08 PM

Well you should searched the information about the site you will invest or play with your bitcoin. Thats the advantage of this forum, which you can ask the opinion from other people about some ponzi or suspicious sites. But yeah, Im sorry to hear your loss. Good luck, hope you dont lose any interest for bitcoin because of that.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:42:10 PM

I've never been scammed.  Wanna know why?

Cause I don't do anything stoopid.

Hopalong

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:44:56 PM

well 5.5btc is a big amount, it is my salary for 5months. If it was me, of course I will cry at first but since nothing to do to get them back so its better to pray and hope we will get another 5.5 Smiley

Average wage in my country is around a bitcoin a day so it is a weeks pay.
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:50:44 PM

I won't allow myself to get scammed by putting so much BTC at risk. 5.3 BTC on a ponzi is almost a guaranteed loss because no ponzi's are reputable. Sorry for your loss, but I don't allow myself to be put in a situation that will force me to lose my BTC in a scam.
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:59:20 PM

so this is from ponzi site right?
what will i do when my bitcoin get scammed from ponzi site?
all i have to do just let my bitcoin go,and maybe investigate  the owners addres
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 06:00:53 PM

When did you put your money there? A quick search learns that it has been called out as a ponzi from January on already.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 06:20:00 PM

If you got scammed and you lost you bitcoins there is very little you can do. Definite nature of bitcoin transaction is hard to swallow sometimes, so you need to be very careful where you send your money.
Scammers won't give you anything back, ever. They only way is to announce loud and clear that someone is scammy and untrustworthy - it is little - I know, but it is the only thing you can do in most cases.
The best advice - prevention is better than a cure.
tearfereon

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 06:33:37 PM

Sorry dude,
But I've a code: " Do not invest before investigation". Screw ponzis, gambling etc.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 07:11:04 PM

next time if you really want to try out one of those shady site that are 100% scammers in the end(it's always like that) try with a minimal amounnt, so you can reduce your loss to the minimum
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 07:13:27 PM

I would learn from my mistake and never do it again.. However,the best is to learn from other people mistakes as you don't feel the consequences on your own skin.  Wink
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 07:37:53 PM

Hello buddies,

I am very sorry to hear this!
If some individual was to scam me, I would nit leave him alone. I would try and get as many info about him, I would puf it on all the forums, reddit, I would even create a web site so let the google index this bastard and show him in the top results.

I would try go humiliate him as much as possible.
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 07:41:41 PM

I sometimes invest on "suspicious" investments or high yield programs / scammy-bound sites. But I have not lost much yet.

I think the key is not investing too much. As these sites almost always offer a very high interest or short ROI, investing say 0.01 or 0.1 won't be a lot of hurt if they run with your money, but still would be a nice extra satoshi if you compound your investment for some days.

But you have to be ready to lose them already.

Sorry about your loss.

Dire

Crypto-Games.net: DICE and SLOT

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 07:48:37 PM

Wait. What? $280 a day is average in your country? $8,680 per month is average?

It must be a new country... tell me where it is so I can buy a plane ticket.

National wages/salary: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_average_wage

(highest average wage by whatever standard is around $4,500)
Hopalong

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 08:24:05 PM

Wait. What? $280 a day is average in your country? $8,680 per month is average?

It must be a new country... tell me where it is so I can buy a plane ticket.

National wages/salary: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_average_wage

(highest average wage by whatever standard is around $4,500)

It is a bit old and using 2012 USD as conversion. Last year i earned close to $270 a day. A friend of me made $100694.79 last year.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 08:45:51 PM

You could try to find out some info on the owner of the ponzi site in question. If he by some chance didn't cover all of his tracks right, you
could possibly get his address, and then based on the location of the owner, report them to agencies related to combating fraud, and also to the IRS.
I'm not sure how much success you will have in retrieving your money, but you will at least set some fire to the scammers tail.

cheers
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:25:00 AM

Hello buddies,

It s not hard not to get scammed. That program of yours probably promised you 1% a day ROI or something like that? Well, how hard was to identify that as a scam? If they would be able to provide that kind of ROI, why would they sell their service at all? They could take a loan and get rich. It s simple and common logic.

Also, if there are no photos, no address, no verifiable contact data, dont invest.

Finally, if it is a cloud option or some kind of online investment, if possible, avoid it, cause you cant control it.

This is why I invest into proof of stake coins only. It s profitable and safe at the same time. DMD Diamond s my favorite but there are other interesting coins as well. Let me know if you need more info.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
jeanne0012

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:31:36 AM

Like OP mentioned, ppl tends to get scammed! Me too! But the most important thing is that we can learn from the lesson and don't be scammed again by the same tactics. All of the ponzis or scams are sharing the same charactors. If we cannot learn from our mistakes, we will be poor forever!
investspot

Activity: 182

Love me love my Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 06:34:09 AM

Hello buddies,

Sorry to hear this sad story. Hopeful you can recover your lost from other good programs.
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:39:22 AM

there's nothing you can do? you will call the police that you were cheated on the internet? haha, they will not respone your accusation
Herbert2020
Legendary

Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:41:13 AM

Hello buddies,

sorry to hear this.

but scams have been around forever, and it is not restricted to bitcoin. you have to think before investing in anything not after you lost money. but this is not always the case and we have all been there. the only thing to do now is to learn from your mistake and never make the same mistake twice again.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:42:16 AM

Hello buddies,

Sorry to hear about your loss.
Just a small reminder to everyone that you should not invest (in anything) more than you can afford to lose.
That being said, it is almost certain that you will lose by investing in ponzis.
nicole7852

Activity: 128

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:43:32 AM

I've never been scammed.  Wanna know why?

Cause I don't do anything stoopid.
Great! You are a rational person and can fully control your behaviors. But I think there is no many ppl like you!

Probably the ecosystem of bitcoin is not complete yet. So it leads to the rampant scams arount bitcoin.Some mechanics shoud be coming out to counter these issues otherwise bitcoins adoption rate wouldn't increase a lot.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 07:38:38 AM

Like OP mentioned, ppl tends to get scammed! Me too! But the most important thing is that we can learn from the lesson and don't be scammed again by the same tactics. All of the ponzis or scams are sharing the same charactors. If we cannot learn from our mistakes, we will be poor forever!

apparently there are dude that cannot learn from their mistake, otherwise those same thread will end to happen , but yet they are still here

this because many are addicted to easy money and they keep trying the easy and more risky route, but the only thing that they are doing is losing money
thebenjamincode

Activity: 490

37iGtdUJc2xXTDkw5TQZJQX1Wb98gSLYVP

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 07:42:08 AM

Well for me i just get over it and move on. Just accept what you have lost and then learn from it. And to make you feel better, just think it like this, there are more people out there being scammed or cheated with a larger amount than yours. Smiley
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:45:12 AM

As we know, gambling and investation are risky game it means that we might lose everyday and everytime without being expected. So before you're start gambling and do other risky games, make sure than you're ready to lose rather than ready to get profit from it.
So once you got lose or being scammed, you have well prepared to let it go. But if you're not ready then It may hurt yourself or your family. So play with your own risk.
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 10:51:46 AM

Haha, so you lose it consciously in a ponzi scam and then feel sorry?
I don't understand! I lost some to AutoDiv, but it was kinda obvious from the beginning.

gloryninja

Activity: 345

Trusted Member

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 11:29:52 AM

I lost a few BTC a while back. Never leave your btc on a online wallet... that is what i learnt from it.

At first it hurt and got me angry but eventually you forget about it until the prices surge and then it hits you again lol.

Custom Built Gaming Desktops and GPU Rigs!
JerryCurlzzz

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:33:25 AM

Sorry to hear that you got scammed ( or you made it up)! Anyways, A scammer scammed me 0.4 BTC at 999dice and this is what i did Tongue

You cannot do anything since the nature of bitcoin doesn't allow to reverse transactions!

I opened this thread and when I read the thing, I wanted to put up the same image! I'm too slow for this..

But now something on-topic ( Grin ).. I never experienced any scam, like I didn't scam anyone and I wasn't scammed, maybe it's because I'm too careful or maybe I don't trade a lot here and if I do, it's always with escrow Roll Eyes
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 04:12:52 PM

I opened this thread and when I read the thing, I wanted to put up the same image! I'm too slow for this..

But now something on-topic ( Grin ).. I never experienced any scam, like I didn't scam anyone and I wasn't scammed, maybe it's because I'm too careful or maybe I don't trade a lot here and if I do, it's always with escrow Roll Eyes
Well is there any escrow for ponzi or gambling sites?  Roll Eyes  People always made a mistake, dont matter how careful we are. But, any bad thing that be happened for us could became our experience to avoid that in future  Wink

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
fryarminer

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 04:25:28 PM

I've been scammed a few times now - by eBay by PayPal by stolen credit cards and by bitcoin. It hurts for a day, I complain a lot, then I get over it. A friend of mine just got scammed big time in silver trading.

In the end it has nothing to do with bitcoin.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:30:47 PM

I've been scammed also but not that much and I learned on my mistake. I now deal with trusted escrow to avoid  being scammed again
investspot

Love me love my Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 01:25:57 PM

Oh, is it?
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 01:34:05 PM

I do a lot of research before putting my BTC into anything.. *shrugs*.

If someone is offering 10% return weekly...... you reap what you sow.
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 01:39:10 PM

Hello buddies,

I'm sorry to hear this Sad. If it was me, i would forget about it. Don't wasted your time to shout scammers. First it's your first experience, so let your 5.5BTC go because they won't return your BTC anymore. Learn from this and don't try ponzi again Wink

Exaclty, you cannot help it once it got scammed as the scammers are never going to return it back, as its their job to steal hard earned coins of ordinary people like us, but it could be an learning experience and should take care that the same mistake is not repeated again in the future.
investspot

Love me love my Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 02:06:42 PM

Hello buddies,

That's really sad story, hope you would recover your lost from some other good programs.
Andy4.4

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 03:00:05 PM

Since you are a newbie so you would not know that Bitcoin Ponzi schemes are most hated here.
I've never found a website that gives you your coins back after growing them.

In initial phase of the site there are some chances that they give you back your coins along with interest so as to lure more people into it. But as their user base grows they scam people and run away with their bitcoins.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Merit: 509

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 03:12:16 PM

I don't like to think about "what I will do when I get scammed" because I don't plan in getting scammed, thats why I avoid anything that looks like a scam, and for years this has worked, i've never gotten scammed. If I invested in a coin that didn't blow up and tanked it was my fault, i wasnt scammed.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 03:47:35 PM

Hello buddies,

I cried till I fell asleep. Forgot about it next day.

life goes on

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
thinkinger

Activity: 784

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 04:59:46 PM

Well for me i just get over it and move on. Just accept what you have lost and then learn from it. And to make you feel better, just think it like this, there are more people out there being scammed or cheated with a larger amount than yours. Smiley
Hello buddies,

I got scammed much more than you but trying to get over it. nothing you or I can do. have it as a lesson and dont invest your money in not certain areas. And RUMI has a saying 'if you lose sth. , it will return to you in time'

.██████████   bitfons.in- Cryptocurrency Exchange - 10 coins███████.
alva5763

Activity: 451

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 06:53:22 PM

I got scammed for 0.05 bitcoin. Not a lot but annoying. Now just working to make up the loss.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 07:04:10 PM

It's probably been said already (didn't read all the responses) but the best thing to do is to first take a few days away to cool off. Once you are not quite as upset, review what factors led you to get scammed in the first place.

I am not talking simply realizing someone tricked you, I am talking why did you fall for the trick? You need to analyze what was it about the offer that so overpowered you to ignore your good judgement. Did you have any doubts at all beforehand or did you 100% trust the situation you were getting into? If the answer is yes, than you would need to analyze this as well.

If you did have doubts beforehand, but went ahead anyway, you need to figure out why you chose that direction. Simply saying greed is not enough, you need to understand your mental processes better to be better equipped to avoid situations like this in the future. The worse thing would be to have this negative experience polarize you to the other extreme and simply assume everything is a scam and avoid good opportunities altogether.
torrentheaven

Activity: 952

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 07:14:13 PM

I don't like to think about "what I will do when I get scammed" because I don't plan in getting scammed, thats why I avoid anything that looks like a scam, and for years this has worked, i've never gotten scammed. If I invested in a coin that didn't blow up and tanked it was my fault, i wasnt scammed.

That is the right thing to do, it is better we take precautions and avoid by getting scammed, As it is said that "Prevention is better than Cure", I am also using bitcoins since last 4 years and yet not get scammed, but we don't need to be overconfident about it, as scammers are much more talented than us that's what I believe.
HugoTheSpider

Activity: 38
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 07:32:19 PM

Before doing some business, I'm thinking about the motivation of my business partner. If the motivation is sharp & clear, then I'm in. If it's shady, one common example is money coming out from nowhere, then I'm refusing.

-> I never got scammed >$1. If I get scammed anyways, I'll improve my risk management.
vendetahome

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 07:51:19 PM

well you cant really do anything when you are scammed on bitcoins can you? i believe the only thing how to avoid is to be careful when playing gambling games trading or doing something like that
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 09:40:21 PM

Scammers are the worst people, i am searching to buy a car and already came across 2 scammers. It's everywhere, so you need to do your homework.
misterycoins

Activity: 249

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 12:08:13 AM

I am surprised as to how many people are willing to invest in obvious ponzis and other similar scams. The reason these ponzi's keep popping up is because people are so willing to gamble that they can ROI prior to the operator of the ponzi running away with customer money
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 02:54:37 AM

OP, the best thing you can do is to learn from the mistake and do your best to not let it happen again. I'm sorry you lost money.

It may not make you feel any better, but when I was new to the community in 2012 I was scammed for 3 BTC by someone on this forum pretending to be a homeless girl. Then I was scammed for 50 LTC by someone offering some crazy return per week.

At the time it wasn't much money but now I look back and I would definitely enjoy having 3 extra bitcoins and 50 LTC.

I take much less risk now. Think long term, not chase after quick profits.

Cryptoblock

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 03:12:50 AM

it is best to pay payments as part wise. i think it would be reduces the scam a little bit.
investspot

Love me love my Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 08:06:32 AM

The pics are funny, but I guessed crying did not make sense in this case.
amaclin
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 08:33:23 AM

I am surprised as to how many people are willing to invest in obvious ponzis and other similar scams.
Because there are only two categories:
1) people, who want earn more profits for their investments
2) martians

Just ask yourself why are you here, in bitcoin community?
Derrike

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 09:38:23 AM

First of all I will never invest in a Ponzi scheme.
Secondly I don't gamble with bitcoin at all.
And if I have to gamble I use Facebook to play games with virtual money,so I have no fear of losing my money.
amaclin
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 09:48:48 AM

Bitcoin is gambling and ponzi itself Smiley By design. Are you blind? Look around!
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 01:01:02 PM

Bitcoin is gambling and ponzi itself Smiley By design. Are you blind? Look around!

Bitcoin isn't a Ponzi or gambling. It's a casino chip. Casino chips just hold and transfer value. They don't gamble. They can't play a game alone. They don't make bad investments. But, without them all those sins can't happen. Casino chips and Bitcoin are facilitators. They make the process of committing crimes easier. They are just like guns. Guns don't kill people. Guns just lay there being a hunk of metal. Someone needs to pick it up and use it to sniper the people in the shopping mall. The gun is just the facilitator that provides the ability to be a psycho sniper.

adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 01:17:43 PM

All i would do is learn from my mistake. Warn others about it. Try to retrieve back my coins. If i fail to do so, i would move on and be more careful in future.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
investspot

Love me love my Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 01:27:49 PM

I am surprised as to how many people are willing to invest in obvious ponzis and other similar scams.
Because there are only two categories:
1) people, who want earn more profits for their investments
2) martians

Just ask yourself why are you here, in bitcoin community?

We are here just because we want more bitcoins. Aren't we?  Roll Eyes
Derrike

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 01:36:51 PM

This is the answer I've ever heard.
Are you drunk or fall off on your head Huh
Bitcoin is a currency that can be used for anything. It's not just gamble or a Ponzi scheme.
amaclin
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 01:45:43 PM

Not me. I do not want more bitcoins. I am sure that they will cost nothing in nearest future.
I can prove it and wrote it number of times in this forum.
But you do not want to listen.
yohanip

Activity: 118

A Programmer

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 02:23:52 PM

Yes we are human, human make mistakes and learn from it, the better human will learn from other people's mistakes
The only thing that will justify you are your future actions, not your past doings.
Linuld

Activity: 473

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 02:45:45 PM

I try to not give up. Running after the scammer until i find him and i get my coins back. Or sent him to jail.

Of course that makes only sense when the amount scammed is reasonable.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 03:17:56 PM

I make a serious effort to work against the scammers before hand by duing due dilligance investigation BEFORE I buy from someone.

It's the ONLY cure!

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 03:22:43 PM

Be nice if everyone would report the spam from this "Marcy" - they appear to be spamming enough to have hit "Senior Member" level in post in an amazing under 1 day JUST spamming every thread all over.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
investspot

Love me love my Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 10:06:28 AM

Not me. I do not want more bitcoins. I am sure that they will cost nothing in nearest future.
I can prove it and wrote it number of times in this forum.
But you do not want to listen.
Oh, really, but I guess most bitcoiners are here at an aim of earning more bitcoins.
acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 10:09:13 AM

Latest ponzi--Ethereum  Grin

Wow man, that's crazy! I thought the same.
And we were saying in one other thread that people are cashing out, hence the btc price collapse of these days. I don't know if that is connected but it seems strange.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 10:30:22 AM

There have been unregulated markets before, 13th century Bruges
 Wall Street in 1929
Junk bonds in the 80s
It's The Wild Wild West
Everybody's getting scammed
Then regulation creeps in
It's already happening to bitcoin
Scamalert

Captain

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 10:55:43 AM

Did you get scammed for 5.5 BTC? Seriously?
You need to tune your scam-radar, mine is a little over sensitive sometimes, but better be extra careful then get your ass scammed.
bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 3480

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 11:18:44 AM

I got scammed by bter and probably from a couple of dice site (likewise probability of an event 1:1.000.000.000) with few rolls....

What you can do ?
Firstly "disrupt" their business, with a thread like this, secondly try to call authorities, like police etc...
Then, you can wait but is really difficult get btc back, due it's nature you can't fight a good scammer, don't trust investment site , if an opportunity is good, yes it's smell of fake/scam.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Herbert2020
Legendary

Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 12:37:40 PM

I got scammed by bter and probably from a couple of dice site (likewise probability of an event 1:1.000.000.000) with few rolls....

What you can do ?
Firstly "disrupt" their business, with a thread like this, secondly try to call authorities, like police etc...
Then, you can wait but is really difficult get btc back, due it's nature you can't fight a good scammer, don't trust investment site , if an opportunity is good, yes it's smell of fake/scam.

did you get scammed by bter because of their wallet hack (at least what they said happened). i didn't follow the news afterwards to see what happened to them, but i see that their website is still working.
did they refund their users?

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 12:48:05 PM

I was scammed of more than 60% of all my coins in 2013. I became dejected and thought about quitting the Bitcoin sector all together. But then, after a few months I realized that it was my fault that I trusted unknown people. How can I blame Bitcoin for my own mistakes? But I know a few people who quit the Bitcoin sector, after falling victim to the various scams (esp. the Mt Gox scam).
trafficolaa
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 12:51:15 PM

I never invested in any ponzi scheme because that is very strange to send money any unknown person for just hope to get back 2x, 3x, that is very sad to know you had lost 5.5 btc so are we really in 2015?
smartor

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 02:24:04 PM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTewHaMAih98DZ0YpAyNO7wL-cCET0nbAelsBgtNfgIx_9YJWwVfuUZHZk

Yeah, we can do nothing except crying.
Fishfool

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 03:40:10 PM

Hello buddies,

Sorry to hear that, be careful next time when you invest your BTC.
investspot

Love me love my Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 01:25:36 AM

What you can do ?

Does it make sense to call the police in this case?
project_aLice

No Risk No Fun

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 06:29:37 AM

I would tell them that it's a bad idea to get other's bitcoin by scamming, then I would make a thread in bitcoin forums to warn people about the scammer so people will not be scammed

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
project_aLice

No Risk No Fun

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 06:31:43 AM

What you can do ?

probably, as long as your country rules accept bitcoin as a legal currency

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
Proxiebuier

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 06:33:28 AM

rockwell ?
http://www.rockwellautomation.com/global/sales-partners/overview.page
http://www.rockwellpartners.com/

Huh
9kv

Activity: 145

Learning

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 06:41:12 AM

Have you made much of this 5.5 back?
investspot

Love me love my Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 10:22:02 AM

I guessed it was rockwell-partners.com  It's a big scammer Ponzi in 2014.
http://www.investspot.biz/9258-rockwell-partners-sa.html
Kaneki

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 10:33:22 AM

you ought to be thinking ripe for play or other investments that indicates scammed,
if you've already fooled you can do is just give up because it is almost impossible in cases like this will help the police find and arrest the perpetrators
Proxiebuier

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 12:36:35 PM

hemmmm
I never heard about  it
I get scamed too 0.5BTC from cointellect  Cry
kenbytes

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 05:21:06 PM

A lot of people complaining. the problem is people giving their money to some random person they do not know.

The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 6826

Cashback 15%

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 06:08:53 PM

Hello buddies,

Hello buddy,

Sucks to be you.  My bitcoin was never scammed because I'm not stupid enough to engage in Ponzi schemes, nor do I gamble.  If you got scammed by your best friend, well, you need to evaluate your concept of friendship. 

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
torrentheaven

Activity: 952

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 06:33:15 PM

A lot of people complaining. the problem is people giving their money to some random person they do not know.

That is true, last week I was looking to sell one of my senior member account, and the buyer asked me not to involve any escrow as escrow have their own charges, he said me that you give me user name and password and I will send bitcoins to your address, how can I trust him without knowing him, so whatever trade you do, involve escrow in it or else don't trade.
thinkinger

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 06:55:32 PM

What you can do ?

yes i think. by making the police enjoying their time and job by laughing at us. Grin

allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 06:58:40 PM

This is very unfortunate to hear. Hopefully you have some recourse in the matter and have a way of getting something back out of the deal. Good advice is to avoid ponzi schemes, obviously though, that goes without saying.

umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 11:14:22 AM

That is true, last week I was looking to sell one of my senior member account, and the buyer asked me not to involve any escrow as escrow have their own charges, he said me that you give me user name and password and I will send bitcoins to your address, how can I trust him without knowing him, so whatever trade you do, involve escrow in it or else don't trade.

That was a good decision, never do that unless you don't know him personally, but involving escrow is the best thing to do, as there are many scammers moving around to steal your bitcoins and in your case if you would have provided him username and password he would have simply changed the password and disappeared and once the password is changed you cannot do anything.
Derrike

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:40:49 PM

Are you scammed Huh
And want your Bitcoins back Huh
Ten why not join our scam buster team and subscription for you is only 5.5btc  Grin Tongue

Lol
rivoke
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:49:45 PM

Before I got scam, I must be very carefully before deciding to trade with any people.
But if that keep happen, I will try to take what should be my right
irfan01

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:57:33 PM

maybe i will not use bitcoin again Sad .. it's 5.5 BTC man  Cry
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 01:40:59 PM

That is true, last week I was looking to sell one of my senior member account, and the buyer asked me not to involve any escrow as escrow have their own charges

Every newbie checking around should have noticed that there are actually free escrows. They don't demand a reward, only allow tips being given. So there is no reason to be caught by this scammer argument anymore. Maybe it was different with escrows in the early years of bitcoin.
NextTroll

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 03:58:23 PM

Hello buddies,

just put up with it
GamNoob

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 07:52:15 AM

Hello buddies,

Sorry to hear this story, you were just in your back luck.
gripflierGO

Activity: 533

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:56:11 PM

It is unfortunate to hear this, and yeah it's 5.5. BTC and that is a very big amount, cannot afford to loose it, but the only we need to suggest is that you need to be careful next time before dealing with anyone, either you are buying or selling accounts, do no forget to involve escrow in it, as they are the trusted people on this forum, and yes avoid ponzi schemes.
lololhyip

Activity: 80

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 01:03:53 PM

Hello buddies,

Be wiser next time when you invest in HYIPs.
Nothingboy (OP)

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 10:30:32 AM

No, I will still using bitcoin.
dollarneed

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 01:29:31 PM

For some people 5.5 Bitcoin is not bigger amount but for some people its a lot of money ( like me ) i could get trauma if i get scammed for 5.5 Bitcoin maybe i will not using bitcoin again it means i will not using to invest my bitcoin to the sh*tt ponzi site but i still using bitcoin for transaction or etc because i love it
i think 5.5 bitcoin is not a lot of money for Op Smiley
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 02:55:40 PM

For some people 5.5 Bitcoin is not bigger amount but for some people its a lot of money ( like me ) i could get trauma if i get scammed for 5.5 Bitcoin maybe i will not using bitcoin again it means i will not using to invest my bitcoin to the sh*tt ponzi site but i still using bitcoin for transaction or etc because i love it
i think 5.5 bitcoin is not a lot of money for Op Smiley

If you invest 5.5 Bitcoin into shit you can't complain if you get scammed. A real trauma would be, I don't know, losing a trezzor, or a paper wallet, or a HDD due failure or getting hacked, something unfortunate that makes you lose the coins, not some dumb investment move.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:14:15 PM

Yeah you should keep use it.
Losing 5.5 btc is not end of the world instead it teach you some experience so this will not happen again on the future
coinbitte

Activity: 90

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 03:27:24 AM

Hello buddies,

You are so unlucky.

I'm growing my BTCs by 0.72-1.44% each day on https://bitcoinprofit.net/boss/coinbitte
Hilgo

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 07:25:20 AM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTewHaMAih98DZ0YpAyNO7wL-cCET0nbAelsBgtNfgIx_9YJWwVfuUZHZk

Yes, there's nothing we can do after being scammed.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 08:10:20 AM

I lost around BTC30 in a scam almost 3 years ago. Back then, those coins were almost two-third of my total Bitcoin holdings. For a few weeks, I was really depressed, and thought about quitting the Bitcoin scene altogether. But as time passed, I tried to forget that incident gradually, and after a few months I was back collecting my mBTCs.
nero987

Activity: 259

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 09:04:20 AM

I was stupid enough to fall for the cloudminr.io scam...
Fortunatly I started early enough, and they went down at the moment I had 108% ROI...

Just watch out what you do with your coins, just like you would watch out what you do with your fiat...
klm bitcoin

Activity: 139

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 09:45:06 PM

Bitcoin can be stolen. It can be stolen as any other currency out there
roadbits
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 10:58:03 PM

Just because it can be stolen doesn't mean it's bad. Even the best and most ideal currency can be stolen.
Delek

Activity: 157

Salí para ver

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 03:05:54 PM

Oh man this is very sad. I love bitcoins but there is too much risk if you dont know exactly how to protect them.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
-> delek.net <-
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
BTCfarm

Activity: 74

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 03:07:54 PM

I've been scammed 5BTC from the ponzi scheme aswell. I understand how you must feel, however keep your head up and learn from your mistake and move on. That's what life's about.
Mickeyb

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 05:37:22 PM

Bitcoin users need to cut on their greed and need to start taking care of their bitcoins. This means that we shouldn't be investing everywhere and with whoever shouts the biggest ROI. Yes I know, we would all want more coins in our wallet so we can maybe even profit a lot down the road while we are shouting how we have made an investment of our lives. But this greed is actually what the scammers are looking for and are taking advantage of.

I am sorry for your loss!
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 09:27:27 PM

If you are in a country where bitcoin is accepted as a possession such as the UK or the US then you may be able to take a company to court if you have lost enough bitcoin o that you have more to gain then you have to lose. You need to know that the company is still functioning and hasn't gone into liquidation, and that the company have assets that are equal to the amount you placed down.
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 10:25:23 PM

I know that feel dude, I've ever got scammed by a site too.
The amount is not that much tho.
But you can't stop now, make this incident to be a lesson for you in the future.
"Human walk to fall"

faucet used to be profitable
Delek

Salí para ver

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 10:39:25 PM

I send coins to coin2x or something like that, obviously they vanished. Sad I lost only 0.2 btc btw.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
-> delek.net <-
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 1988

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 11:14:13 PM

thats consider a big profit for me. Better do a research about the site..Get and read some feedback. Even a well known site will scam you then how bout the unpopular..Just stay away from ponzi and start earning again.
Delek

Salí para ver

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 11:17:19 PM

Yeah, I learned that in the hard way too. Cheesy

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
-> delek.net <-
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 11:19:20 PM

Any ponzi sites that promise ridiculous returns on bitcoin wagered will always be a scam. There's no such thing as a free lunch especially where bitcoin is concerned. Steer clear of them all is my advice the only winner is the scumbag thieving site owner.

I also lost money ages ago on other sites so learned the hard way Angry.
The One
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 11:32:25 PM

Hello buddies,

I'm not sorry and it's your fault so quit moaning.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

alone bird

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 10:01:05 AM

scaming is illegal so stay away by scammers and there's websites.....
mine 2 friends has scammed by bullshit scammers
 and they cried when they scammed but nothing to do against scammers ""!!!!
SO STAY OUT OF TROUBLE ANYMORE !!!-*-:'
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2015, 12:58:23 PM

I don't get scammed because I used trusted services that have been around for a long time and I don't use websites that are too good to be true.
bf4btc

Activity: 568

Smoke weed everyday!

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 01:10:53 PM

Sorry to hear of your scamming experience. Have to add though you don't have a very good "best friend" if he would scam you out of a lousy $1500! I suggest dropping him lol Also please don't assume everyone will be scammed, 'because they won't' the same get rich quick guys from fiat who get scammed will come get scammed in bitcoin.

A fool and his money will always be parted. Just work and understand nothing comes for free and if something seems to good to be true then it no doubt is. People who carry on with greed and stupidity are the reasons the scammers continue to fight the good fight. Always use escrow.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████▄▄▄█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀██████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀████████

CheckOut3

Activity: 51

Social Media Products

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 03:33:23 AM

well, if i got scammed in such amount like that, i would give up and leave the whole market.
rinhunter

Activity: 826

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 06:05:10 AM

if i got scammed, remain sincere and make it a bitter experience and pray that does not happen in the future.
be smart people who do not arbitrarily send BTC if nothing is clear
yakelbtc

Activity: 140

0x7ae5adbc7a0429a49b6e6ed4a8a89ffbbae6125f

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 06:37:32 AM

It sad for you,5.5btc is already big money it waste your time and efforts to earn the 5.5btc, this learn lesson to your experience.

neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 06:42:22 AM

sorry if you got scammed... but i think you can prevent it in the future,
if you will be careful in the future. before giving or releasing money you need to be sure first,
as in very sure that it is not a scammer or not. you can use google or forums to know it.
hope it will not happen to you again.

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
tonycamp

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 06:51:26 AM

its not the time lost or the money lost its the fact that people put money in front of honor too and they screw of cofindence to capital.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Free Coins every 24hrs!  >>
██████████    <<  ● REGISTER NOW and GET 1000 DOGE for FREE!  >>
Pro Gamers

Activity: 700

morir es descansar

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 06:52:06 AM

Ive been scammed more than twice and the feeling  that you worked the money hard or you saved for a year just suddenly disappeared due to the activity of some bad people which you never wanted, is a like a cancer that will break you apart. Especially to you. All i can do is to try to let that to not to happen again,  besides you will learn something on it,  5btc is big
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 08:23:28 PM

If someone has lost lots of money through ponzi schemes they could probably seek legal help in places where bitcoin is not banned! The assets can then be reclaimed by the owner. I would suggest people invest in legit and well know sites such as hashnest.com
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 08:46:16 PM

..we may get scammed by some online games, get scammed by gambling, get scammed by some investment programs, get scammed by ponzi schemes...etc.
Why do people go anywhere near such nonsense despite the endless reports that these are always scams? Did you check to see if they were a legal, registered business? Why would give access to over $1000 to a group of people you don't even know and without any legal recourse if they just decide to keep the money?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
roadbits
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 10:30:21 PM

I don't trust any one thing with everything.
This community is full of people with razor thin or absent trust. But it is because nearly everyone here has been burned before. We are cautious for a reason.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2015, 11:45:32 AM

What will you do?

> Try not to cry
> Cry a lot.

honestly, there's not much to do. google and hope that a kind white hat posted your btc adr somewhere with a "contact me" option.

novadragon

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 12:45:13 PM

if I lose bitcoin in small amounts, maybe I'll let it go but a different story if I lose 5.5 BTC, I will try to get it back  Smiley
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 12:52:24 PM

Ive been scammed more than twice and the feeling  that you worked the money hard or you saved for a year just suddenly disappeared due to the activity of some bad people which you never wanted, is a like a cancer that will break you apart. Especially to you. All i can do is to try to let that to not to happen again,  besides you will learn something on it,  5btc is big
I believe that one must not only learn to earn but one must also learn to spend.Spending rightly is also a skill just like earning and both.
It really pains when you get scammed but you always learn a lesson.Extra precaution s should be taken when investing or spending btc

thinkinger

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2015, 01:01:16 PM

this is a lesson for anyone to be learned. some learn it without crying and some learns while crying and some never learns.i think im the second kind of person. anyone must pass these ways. so lets try to be the second kind at least.

flock123

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 02:32:21 PM

I don't trust any one thing with everything.
This community is full of people with razor thin or absent trust. But it is because nearly everyone here has been burned before. We are cautious for a reason.
I strongly agree with you, I also had several times exposed to fraud, even with my own friends.
if you lose 5 BTC maybe I'll figure out a way to get it back
Yerm

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 02:43:13 PM

i dont worry, because i dont let my self get scammed.
xhoneyael

Activity: 462

www.AntiBitcoinTalk.com

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2015, 03:22:17 PM

i got scammed a lot of times before and because of that i learn that there are no fast money in bitcoin..
and i hope that you also learn now theres nothing you can do about it..
before it start it all plan by the creator of the site..
even you do some research about the site there info is hide in whois
and even if there are info listed in that you can not tell if its real..
so just move on and before investing do some research
using google is free  Grin

coinzat

Activity: 434

Young but I'm not that bold

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 04:56:27 PM

To avoid being scamed I just don't trust any site or person easily
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 04:59:05 PM

That is risk of investment  Cheesy
J1mb0

Activity: 983
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 05:02:50 PM

Some time ago I got scammed 2.7 BTC by a very well crafted website purporting to be Bitfury after I clicked on an adsense advert here. I definitely learned my lesson from that. 2.7BTC was a good deal of money then. The work that went into this was admirable, including email responders and dual-authentication etc. So good that it made my stupid mistake easier to bear.  Roll Eyes

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
███████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
SirChiko
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 06:53:22 PM

Hello buddies,

You can do nothing about it, i've been scammed multiple times already also and it was when bitcoin had higher exchange rate...all you can do is learn from your OWN mistakes move on and be more careful, you wouldn't hand money to random person on street that will tell you, he will multiply it and give it back to you (it doesn't even make sense) so why do that on internet?

The only online casino on which i won something. I made 17mBTC from 1mBTC in like 15 minutes.  This is not paid AD!

▀Check it out yourself▀
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 09:25:48 PM

Sorry about that... Me ive scam many times thats why i dont trust any investment site.....I dont recomend any investment site....now you learn..
butdabass

Activity: 152

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 11:06:18 PM

i will stop playing or using bitcoin for a several days,just make my self quietly.
and than I would figure out why it happened and what I did wrong.
maokoto

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2015, 11:09:11 PM

Warning everyone and trying that other people do not get scammed is a good option. Also, seeing if you can join other scammed people to take some action.

Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 10:48:22 PM

if you're trying a site for the first time, why would you deposit 5.5btc into it? makes no sense
Mobius

Activity: 988

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 12:00:38 AM

If you're going to hold thousands of dollars in digital currency, I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue to spend $100 on a trezor or something similar to secure your BTC.
RGBKey

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 12:02:00 AM

if you're trying a site for the first time, why would you deposit 5.5btc into it? makes no sense
Because a fool and his money are quickly parted. Just because they have a lot of money does not mean they are smart.
Hopalong

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 01:26:22 PM

If someone has lost lots of money through ponzi schemes they could probably seek legal help in places where bitcoin is not banned! The assets can then be reclaimed by the owner. I would suggest people invest in legit and well know sites such as hashnest.com

And how are they supposed to help you? The anoymous nature of bitcoin makes it very difficult to get anything back if you ever can prove that you have been scammed at all. The anonymity favors those who need anonymity like scammers and other lowlife.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 06:33:48 PM

I've been scammed too a lot of times especially in cloud mining services. Most of them were ponzis and ran away with my Bitcoins. The list of sites or services that I've been scammed is long, but among them they are: Hashprofit, GAW Miners, Cointellect and cloudminr.io After what happend with cloudminr, I've lost my faith in cloud mining and decided to recoup my losses by either trading alt coins or working for coins. For the time being, I'm just going to hold my Bitcoins and most alt coins with the hopes of an ever price increase in the future. One crypto that most certaintly increase in price is Bitcoin for sure.

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 01:31:42 PM

I just stay away from ponzy scheme.. I already got scammed sometime ago.. Very sad for me
bitcoinfinder8

Activity: 83

🚼 Buying Bitcoins 🚼

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 06:51:56 AM

I think there is nothing we can do if we got scammed for that purpose here some hero members are providing escrow services better we use it to not be scammed again.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 05:11:46 PM

I think there is nothing we can do if we got scammed for that purpose here some hero members are providing escrow services better we use it to not be scammed again.

Yes, there is something you can do. I don't understand why people think the irreversibility of Bitcoin is a plus. The thing you can do is start making purchases using a credit card or debit card or payment service like Amazon Payments. All of those have fraud protection.

Hopalong

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 05:52:25 PM

Yes, there is something you can do. I don't understand why people think the irreversibility of Bitcoin is a plus. The thing you can do is start making purchases using a credit card or debit card or payment service like Amazon Payments. All of those have fraud protection.

Reading about what Satoshi had in mind for bitcoin would support that. He says that a lot of transactions dont need the trust of a standard payment system like credit cards and we could use something different for that. So if you realy trust the one you are sending your money to you could use bitcoin. Or if the price of something is so low that you dont care you just use bitcoin.
deafro5

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 05:54:33 PM

I've got scammed by various gambling sites I won big on a sports bet over 80 bitcoin and they said they cant issue it because of a glitch in the system.....it was a 7 game parlay with 10 bitcoin wagered
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 08:52:31 PM

If the scammer can be tracked and his/her identity can be recovered, you could take legal proceedings against them if there is more to gain than lose from the investment. There could be a slot in the "bulk buy" section where you may be able to create a thread for other people who have invested in the same scammer to get money back from the scammer.
If you want to invest 5.5 BTC in a more secure network, I would suggest hashnest.com or bitmaintech.com.
oblivi

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 01:26:44 AM

Because a fool and his money are quickly parted. Just because they have a lot of money does not mean they are smart.
There are a lot of not quite bright folks holding tons and tons of money from back in the day because they forgot the access to their wallets, and all they did to get those bitcoins was buying some when it was cheap as hell to get some weed in the original Silk Road back in the day.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 02:08:18 PM

Reading about what Satoshi had in mind for bitcoin would support that. He says that a lot of transactions dont need the trust of a standard payment system like credit cards and we could use something different for that. So if you realy trust the one you are sending your money to you could use bitcoin. Or if the price of something is so low that you dont care you just use bitcoin.

Exactly, Bitcoin has a multitude of uses but sending $1,500 to a total stranger or unknown business isn't one of them. I hope, in time, several businesses spring up that will allow you to send insured/fraud protected Bitcoin transactions as easily as checking a box on your wallet app. Escrow is too clumsy and slow to be truly useful. Besides, escrow is no true guarantee because the escrow person might have a problem of some sort (like dying) while your transaction is in process. For now there are a lot of other options to fill in the gap.

LimitedDev

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 02:46:21 PM

Contact your local police to see if they can help you
rivoke
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 02:49:26 PM

This may be a disadvantage for using bitcoin because my country's law do not have law policy against bitcoin crime. So it means that our goverment tell us to use bitcoin with our own risk
alebeard99

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 02:53:20 PM

Well I dont plan on getting scammed and am very careful in sending my bitcoin to people as I always insit on using an escrow but if I was scammed I would probably learn my lesson and put it down as an expensive lesson and reinvest
tonycamp

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 02:59:48 PM

as you can see to be scammed you just need to work or to trust money into others into this forum you can see the confidence and trust of people here some of the longest users are good trust as you can see why trade whit someone not even 10% trust?

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Free Coins every 24hrs!  >>
██████████    <<  ● REGISTER NOW and GET 1000 DOGE for FREE!  >>
dollarneed

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 03:00:31 PM

This may be a disadvantage for using bitcoin because my country's law do not have law policy against bitcoin crime. So it means that our goverment tell us to use bitcoin with our own risk

Yeah me to in my country if you've been scamed 5 bitcoin even though 9999 bitcoins, we dont have law policy about bitcoin crime,so the risk in your hand
so the police would not helping me
Pursuer
Legendary

Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 03:02:35 PM

I have been scammed by Ponzi schemes too. but I did not do anything about it. simply because I very well know what I was getting into , these Ponzi schemes are obviously full of risk and their ending is also clear so losing money is nothing strange.

Only Bitcoin
amaclin
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 03:08:16 PM

I have been scammed by Ponzi schemes too.
Grin Grin Grin Bitcoin itself is a decentralized ponzi scheme!
Wapinter
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 11:09:25 PM

There are a lot of not quite bright folks holding tons and tons of money from back in the day because they forgot the access to their wallets, and all they did to get those bitcoins was buying some when it was cheap as hell to get some weed in the original Silk Road back in the day.
If the op had tons of money or bitcoin,he wouldn't be brooding here over his loss

klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 07:18:35 PM

Bitcoin is not meant to be solution to all the problems, it's meant to be an alternative to fiat. That means it could be used both for noble and for shady things. And that's OK.
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 07:40:49 PM

That's what happens when you deal with a non regulated currency such as Bitcoin. Scams and ponzis are all over it because of this fact. As for fiat, there are scams too, however they're less because the currency is backed and protected by the government (regulated). Just my opinion  Roll Eyes

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Shibashi Dogemoto

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 07:47:43 PM

I was scammed multiple times by ponzi shits but still I'm investing to some ponzi, that's what I'm doing insted of whining. There's something wrong with me  Undecided
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 01:02:50 AM

I was scammed multiple times by ponzi shits but still I'm investing to some ponzi, that's what I'm doing insted of whining. There's something wrong with me  Undecided

If you're going to invest in a ponzi, id suggest you just invest the very minimum amount possible of your Bitcoins into it just to be safe. Here's another thing: create multiple accounts in the ponzi with your referral link. That way you'll be scamming them instead of getting yourself scammed  Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
chennan
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 01:50:10 AM

A while back, I was scammed by some guy for .15 btc on primedice and I thought I was about to cry. 5.5 btc and I wouldn't know what to do.. Sorry for the loss, that's an intense story.

Clint

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 02:36:55 AM

I would try my best to get it back but most scams I don't think I can. The best way for me is just to prevent myself from going to those sites. Stay away from ponzi.

fruito

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 02:58:58 AM

in your case you has been scammed by HYIP.. it's normal because HYIP will be die soon. High Risk High Return that was HYIP motto Grin

It depends what way i got scammed, Gambling, Ponzi(Cloud Mining) or like you in HYIP.. i will remember not to fall on same hole next time.

Just Let It Go ..
RGBKey

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 03:00:48 AM

All of you talking about how you lost money on ponzis and HYIPs...really? Money doesn't come out of nowhere. If you're putting your money somewhere to get a large sum back with low effort, it's a scam. A fool and his money are quickly parted, I suppose.
phibay

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 04:37:22 AM

If you're going to invest in a ponzi, id suggest you just invest the very minimum amount possible of your Bitcoins into it just to be safe. Here's another thing: create multiple accounts in the ponzi with your referral link. That way you'll be scamming them instead of getting yourself scammed  Grin

referring to yourself is not a good idea because some ponzi can detect same IP registration which may lead to banned account. he will just lose more Cheesy (some also can detect if you use VPN/proxy when registering) your first advice is good, just invest what he can lose
megatown

Activity: 61

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 05:25:13 AM

I would make sure it doesn't happen again.
Shibashi Dogemoto

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 07:44:01 PM

Multiple accounts do not work on me Tongue Always got caught and banned immediately, bad luck me.
klf
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 06:52:18 AM

Hello buddies,

The amount of scams and bad business plans is so great in bitcoinland you should not invest in anything. especially sites that promise high profit like ponzi
Ceizer54

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 07:36:50 AM

The best way to avoid scam is to Stay away from ponzy schemes..Gambling is not scamming...no one force you to invest your money...you always do on your own and at your own risk..You must learn to identify Scam sites and scammers like people who give High ROI etc..
Still i advice stay away from these ponzy sites and better earn bitcoins instead of growing Smiley
ashour

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 03:24:20 PM

I would try to find the operator of the scam and collect as much information and evidence as I could. Then I would report him to the police and hand them the evidence.
stuff0577

Activity: 138

More stuff will come.

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 11:10:18 PM

Sorry to here that! but also thanks for the heads up. Probably I will just buy some and hold.   

DAILAI Peer-to-peer micro transport services
confirmation120

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 05:23:01 AM

I was also scammed also before by a bogus seller of mobile prepaid load. I did my best to try finding out his real identity but unfortunately I failed and I just gave up 'cause I realized that I just need to move on and just forget it and let karma teach him a lesson
traderbit

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 11:53:55 PM

rule #1 if it seems to good to be true then it probably isn't. There is no way anyone can multiply your investment in few days

knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 01:16:13 AM

The scammers are some talent persons that use words to make us believe,as bitcoin there is others projects using others currencies,you should know when is scam since paypal usually doesnt accept it but,there is some places that has paypal and turn scams.The fact is you need to research a lot about anything online and new ,there is more and more scammers jumping into bitcoin becauser they can steall and hide their identity,and there is no way to anyone to know where the money is at.This is one bad side of bitcoin,but for other vision make you being more responsible from your money and where you wanna it to stand.
bitgolden
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1128

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 07:10:49 AM

Bitcoin has no charge back facility. So we need a trusted escrow service to get rid of scammers. So always look for escrow services before doing any bitcoin transactions.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Andrelvogue

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 07:14:21 AM

Hello buddies,

i am sorry that happened to you dude.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 10:35:47 PM

Most people that uses internet has no such skill to hack anything,even to make a easy webpage...the real is that this ammount is very high to trust into some project new...
Wapinter
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 11:07:19 PM

Most people that uses internet has no such skill to hack anything,even to make a easy webpage...the real is that this ammount is very high to trust into some project new...
Correct.If you are new to something,dont invest too much unless you learn the ropes.I wonder why you didn't asked for the advice of this forum before investing.

Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 01:57:22 PM

I've been scammed so many times, but yet I've learned my lesson and I'm planning to take revenge of those scammer bastards...bwahaha!  Roll Eyes

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 02:03:09 PM

I ever get the scammer is not too much around 0.5-1BTC. can not do anything, just sad unthinkable only a few days. because I get it really took a long time and till now I will never play it again!!!  Angry
Proxiebuier

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 02:05:27 PM

more than 2btc  Angry Angry Angry
im very mad if i remember with it, im very stupid, im invest at wrong place  Cry
crairezx20
Legendary

Merit: 1046

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 05:46:15 PM

If your btc got scammed your btc will never get back to you. so be scared away. the best way you going to do or before you trust the site or person check their back ground if this site is scammer.. but i dont recommend to reinvest because all  ponzi sites are scam...
bitcoinboy12

Activity: 518
Merit: 254

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 05:52:48 PM

oh my god 5.5 btc got scammed.excessively large currency. no matter what happen if you hold  more than 1btc dont trust any investment site.just keep it. if you want to multiply your btc thats not a good way. many ways to multiply your btc like buy and sell account or buy a product from ebay or amazon and sell it expesive.its just my idea

poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 06:18:12 PM

too fools to got scammed for 5.5 BTC , you should think thousands times to risk a huge amount like that.
but yeah anything can happened even you are smart enough. it should be your worth experience.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
klf
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 10:20:34 PM

very awful, here's a good piece of advice do not trust very in ponzi schemes
I would suggest others to not deposit big amount of BTC in this sites
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2015, 10:38:04 PM

I would blame and kick myself for letting it to happen in the first place. Not sure if I will be as enthsiastic as before but will definitely take precautions to prevent it from happening again.

fkvidar

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 07:43:15 PM

oh God!  scams, scams everywhere... Keep your BTC and just wait for the value to increase. No need to lose money.
edric

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 11:16:28 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2015, 03:42:25 AM by edric

Hello buddies,

When I get scammed I do not take it lightly.  There is a firm that does very good intelligence and mercenary work I use from time to time.  Many of the guys that work there are ex-delta, SEALs, SAS, etc.  I pay them a decent amount to locate the terrorist scum, then send them in and make sure they never pull the same BS with anyone else again.  

saturn643

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 02:10:30 AM

If you expect to invest in something and get a huge profit straight away, you're going to have a bad time.
kvlolo

Activity: 134

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 06:47:36 AM

Hello buddies,

You can't do nothing when get scammed. So be careful next time.

I'm looking for the best way to keep my bitcoins growing.
ralle14
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1876

Metawin.com

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 07:00:12 AM

if i get scammed again ill just reflect on what just happen and
be more careful next time also earn my way up there again

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
gripflierGO

Activity: 533

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 09:53:20 AM

Yeah, Prevention is better than Cure.. No doubt it is too embarrassing and disappointing when we get scammed by someone and loose all our hard earn coins, but we need to be careful in the future that this mistake is not repeated and keep our bitcoins safe in cold storage and hold it for future rather than investing in any ponzi scheme, as we know that scammers are more intelligent than normal individuals.
Mirdude

Activity: 319

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 10:46:29 AM

Should've used an escrow mate, sorry for your loss.
chennan
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 05:40:39 PM

Yeah, Prevention is better than Cure.. No doubt it is too embarrassing and disappointing when we get scammed by someone and loose all our hard earn coins, but we need to be careful in the future that this mistake is not repeated and keep our bitcoins safe in cold storage and hold it for future rather than investing in any ponzi scheme, as we know that scammers are more intelligent than normal individuals.

Haha, yeah I should've known a lot better... but that "honestdoubler" site was paying out and lasted for 28 days before it just crashed... of course I invested .3 btc on day 25 :/ ... ah oh well, not too much of heart break for me such as the 5.5 btc OP lost, and there are some people on that honestdoubler site that actually put 5 btc on there... Now I pitty that fool...

Good thing I have a lot more btc and doesn't really hurt me that much though Smiley

bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 11:05:35 PM

If you:
Invest in Ponzi
Don't use escrow and assume business vendors are 100% trustworthy
You'll be scammed. for Bitcoin or other currency
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 01:05:00 AM

Hello buddies,

Actually, when you are hacked you can't really do much about it. You can only learn from your mistakes so it won't happen again!
lololhyip

Activity: 80

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 02:52:05 AM

Hello buddies,

I will cry.  Cry
fox19891989

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 06:11:55 AM

It is a pity that u are scammed by a ponzi, don't be greedy you won't be scammed in the future.

I was scammed by an altcoin, that's also painful, 60BTC is a huge amount of money, cause it was 600 USD per bitcoin when I was scammed, so never trust anyone when u have big amount of money, scammers always look at your pockets, and wanna steal and scam.

Not only u, bitpay's high manager, also got scammed, and it is 5000btc scam, we are luckier than him at least.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1182490.0

"After capturing Mr. Krohn's Bitpay credentials, the hacker used that information to hack into Mr. Krohn's Bitpay email account to fraudulently cause a transfer of bitcoin" valued at $1,850,000, the lawsuit says.

According to court documents, the transfer was a total of 5,000 bitcoins in three separate transactions.
kvlolo

Activity: 134

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 09:34:44 AM

Hello buddies,

I will cry.  Cry

But you know that crying will never make your lost btc returned.

I'm looking for the best way to keep my bitcoins growing.
yingbb0301

Activity: 166

Marshall Mathers

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 01:00:32 PM

Once I was scammed at a doge gambling website.
I deposited 2 million doge coins and they never showed up!
Later on that website turned out to be ascam.
Fuck them!

klf
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 04:04:37 AM

That's not to say there aren't great opportunities  but just make sure you do a lot research before you go shooting off any Bitcoin to somebody you've never met.
bit2015

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 12:28:55 PM

Hopeful you can earn it back.
vrm86

Activity: 676

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 12:39:08 PM

I would distinguish two different cases:

1) You were using legit service just for common purposes, like coin exchange that had been "hacked".

2) You were greedy and would like to magically multiply your BTC (ponzi, IPO etc.) and then got scammed.

Of course, there is no excuse for scammers. But as long as we can do nothing to punish them, the only line of defence is to make right choices.
You didn't? If you need to get some practical knowledge in this matter, you have to pay Wink
Nobitcoin
Legendary

In holiday we trust

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 12:48:03 PM

Feel sorry for your loss but does depend on if greed got you in the end or someone managed to trick you but I guess its a life lesson plenty of sharks in the water.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 03:39:45 PM

And how are they supposed to help you? The anoymous nature of bitcoin makes it very difficult to get anything back if you ever can prove that you have been scammed at all. The anonymity favors those who need anonymity like scammers and other lowlife.

There will mainly be a way to trace the owner of the ponzi scheme. You could find the location of the IP and remove the server and all equipment attached using high court enforcement officers. The foolish OP that gambled away £700 obviously has lots of money/bitcoin so shouldn't need to claim it back anyway. Op could alwasy try hashnest.com and miningsweden.se for bitcoin investments. Thes are provably not ponzi schemes.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 04:21:15 PM

Once I was scammed at a doge gambling website.
I deposited 2 million doge coins and they never showed up!
Later on that website turned out to be ascam.
Fuck them!

I also lost doge on a gambling website back then, and the site seemed legit. I thought it was run by Stunna because they used a similar branding to Primedice. Primedice is legit, so I thought that was legit too. It turns it wasn't related to Primedice and was run by some scammers, or either it went bankrupt. In any case I lost a couple hundred thousand doges.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: