Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:12:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk Account price estimator  (Read 164794 times)
achow101 (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6631

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 03:35:22 PM

so you are the owner and the builder of this site http://www.bctalkaccountpricer.info/ ??
great,and also you have no wrong to wrote it in java,very good site,thanks. and i wanna ask you,how accurate this site to estimate btalk account price in percentage?
It is probably not all that accurate. What it mostly is good for is checking potential activity and addresses that the user has posted.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 12:25:21 AM

so you are the owner and the builder of this site http://www.bctalkaccountpricer.info/ ??
great,and also you have no wrong to wrote it in java,very good site,thanks. and i wanna ask you,how accurate this site to estimate btalk account price in percentage?
It is probably not all that accurate. What it mostly is good for is checking potential activity and addresses that the user has posted.

I was waiting a bit to se if this would work for me now but it still seem to give me the 'request failed' error. User ID is 662129. Is there something I'm not doing correctly?

EDIT: Now that I look like a total noob it's working.
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 01:08:07 PM

I guess the potential price which the member id should have potential earnings expected should include potential earnings from the signature campaign he is registered with

Few ids shows the value is just .1 btc however by making few posts members are able to earn the same amount in few days / weeks

Its just a suggestion to make it look better Smiley
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 10:01:53 AM

It seems to be still accurate, because I saw someday a trusted member selling accounts based on the price given by the estimator. I use only the tool to get my activity, and even that is still really cool Wink !

I have a suggestion. Why not create perma-links, so someone trying to sell his account could put a link to his analysis in his signature ?
achow101 (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 02:09:06 PM

I have a suggestion. Why not create perma-links, so someone trying to sell his account could put a link to his analysis in his signature ?
There are Permalinks, kinda. Under the token there is a link for "Share this estimate" and that will link back to the estimate once it generates. The estimate only stays on the server for a week though so that link will only work for one week. This is so that storing the estimates doesn't crash my server.

Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 05:23:42 PM

There are Permalinks, kinda. Under the token there is a link for "Share this estimate" and that will link back to the estimate once it generates. The estimate only stays on the server for a week though so that link will only work for one week. This is so that storing the estimates doesn't crash my server.

That's not what I exactly meant. By "permalink", I meant a token that never expire, so you could put a signature and won't have to replace it every week. A small fee, could be taken, like 0,001BTC to cover the stress on your server. However, I would prefer to have this feature for free.
achow101 (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 05:32:56 PM

That's not what I exactly meant. By "permalink", I meant a token that never expire, so you could put a signature and won't have to replace it every week. A small fee, could be taken, like 0,001BTC to cover the stress on your server. However, I would prefer to have this feature for free.
I considered doing that and I actually was going to, but life happened, I got lazy, and it just never happened. Once I get some more time I will resume working on this.

Chris!
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 07:17:54 PM

I'm still receiving an error:

"Your token is bgjs54d
Share this estimate: http://www.bctalkaccountpricer.info/?token=bgjs54d
Request Failed"

I saw you had said it could be something to do with an IP ban before. Would that be the case for just one profile (mine to be exact. UID 662129)?
achow101 (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 07:41:59 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2016, 08:00:08 PM by knightdk

"Your token is bgjs54d
Request Failed"

I saw you had said it could be something to do with an IP ban before. Would that be the case for just one profile (mine to be exact. UID 662129)?

I think your profile is messed up. Look at your profile page (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=662129). It reports your number of posts as 187. Now look at the number of the last post on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=662129;sa=showPosts;start=180. It is 189. Normally that number is one above than the post count, but yours it's two below. This I think is causing the problems since I create an array whose size is the post count reported in the profile. However that post count doesn't match up with the posts in your show posts page, which is what is screwing the site up.

It's probably a bug in the forum and you should probably open a thread in meta about it.

Edit: fixed some errors.

Chris!
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 07:53:19 PM

"Your token is bgjs54d
Request Failed"

I think your profile is messed up. Look at your profile page (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=662129). It reports your number of posts as 187. Now look at the number of the last post on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=662129;sa=showPosts;start=180. It is 189. Normally that number is one less than the post count, but yours it's two. This I think is causing the problems since I create an array whose size is the post count reported in the profile. However that post count doesn't match up with the posts in your show posts page, which is what is screwing the site up.

It's probably a bug in the forum and you should probably open a thread in meta about it.

Thanks for looking into it for me. I hadn't noticed the difference before. That should resolve the issue!
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 07:55:19 PM

I think your profile is messed up. Look at your profile page (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=662129). It reports your number of posts as 187. Now look at the number of the last post on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=662129;sa=showPosts;start=180. It is 189. Normally that number is one less than the post count, but yours it's two. This I think is causing the problems since I create an array whose size is the post count reported in the profile. However that post count doesn't match up with the posts in your show posts page, which is what is screwing the site up.

Oehm, my profile page counts 1671 posts, my last post list counts 1665.
Yet, I haven't had any problems getting my token: qoeht05o

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
achow101 (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 07:58:51 PM

You probably have a couple of posts that ended up in the trashcan. Those posts go into the post count but don't show up in the show posts pages. It is fine to have a post count above what is in the show posts, but when it is below like with Chris!, then we have problems.

I made a thread in meta about this here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1397338.0

Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 08:04:21 PM

You probably have a couple of posts that ended up in the trashcan. Those posts go into the post count but don't show up in the show posts pages. It is fine to have a post count above what is in the show posts, but when it is below like with Chris!, then we have problems.
That explains why mine is working.
Although I have similar problems like Chris! with the profile of JumperX, who has aswell a post count above the show post number (943|939), my requests keep failing.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

Chris!
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 08:04:27 PM

I made a thread in meta about this here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1397338.0

Oh, thanks. I'll delete my Meta thread then. Yours seems to have more detail anyways. Hopefully it's something that can be easily resolved.
achow101 (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 10:10:48 PM

The site will be going down momentarily for an update. All previous requests and tokens will be deleted.

This update will fix the problems that the site has been having with user's requests failing due to discrepancy in post counts.

Edit: Chris! it's fixed (my site, not your profile): http://www.bctalkaccountpricer.info/?token=u640fnvp. I had to write a workaround that doesn't rely on the forum providing the right profile info.

trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2016, 01:14:55 AM

today i want to ceck the estimation price of my bitcointalk acc. but im not see the box to add my profile id. the service is temporary down..?  Undecided

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Chris!
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 01:30:58 AM

The site will be going down momentarily for an update. All previous requests and tokens will be deleted.

This update will fix the problems that the site has been having with user's requests failing due to discrepancy in post counts.

Edit: Chris! it's fixed (my site, not your profile): http://www.bctalkaccountpricer.info/?token=u640fnvp. I had to write a workaround that doesn't rely on the forum providing the right profile info.

Great! Well thanks a lot for your efforts to fix it for little old me. I'm sure it's going to help someone else out there too haha. Your text box does seem to be missing at this point.
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2016, 01:33:54 AM

Great! Well thanks a lot for your efforts to fix it for little old me. I'm sure it's going to help someone else out there too haha. Your text box does seem to be missing at this point.
Seems like the update solved the problems I had regarding the account of JumperX aswell.
Thanks for the quick fix!

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

Chris!
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 01:44:15 AM

Seems like the update solved the problems I had regarding the account of JumperX aswell.

Were you able to type in your user ID? I don't see the text box anymore. It sounds like trinaldaois having the same issue.

achow101 (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2016, 01:55:22 AM

Were you able to type in your user ID? I don't see the text box anymore. It sounds like trinaldaois having the same issue.
Try clearing your browser cache.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: