Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:55:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NSA KNOWS  (Read 8240 times)
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 02:43:48 PM

I think you are correct.

Since Edward Snowden we know that the NSA practically controls and observes any internet connection. They have their fingers on many ISP's and on each internet cable. So they have an easy time to find out who connects to nodes. At the same time they can read when you propagate a transaction. As far as i know transactions aren't encrypted, but even when, the NSA only would need to run a node to encrypt it.

Before the NSA you are an open book. And when they would want they could hack your computer, in most times they only need to click a button to hack you automatically, and freeze your funds.

I think the NSA is happy about bitcoin. When terror is using it more they will have an easier time.

Of course, when you use Tor or something then it is not so easy. But then... did you post one of your addresse? Already they can connect some dots.

I don't know. Just pressing a button and getting hacked is a bit far fetched isn't it? In any case, all you need to do is keep your main funds in an offline paper wallet. Then have fun NSA trying to hack that one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 03:08:39 PM

I think you are correct.

Since Edward Snowden we know that the NSA practically controls and observes any internet connection. They have their fingers on many ISP's and on each internet cable. So they have an easy time to find out who connects to nodes. At the same time they can read when you propagate a transaction. As far as i know transactions aren't encrypted, but even when, the NSA only would need to run a node to encrypt it.

Before the NSA you are an open book. And when they would want they could hack your computer, in most times they only need to click a button to hack you automatically, and freeze your funds.

I think the NSA is happy about bitcoin. When terror is using it more they will have an easier time.

Of course, when you use Tor or something then it is not so easy. But then... did you post one of your addresse? Already they can connect some dots.

I don't know. Just pressing a button and getting hacked is a bit far fetched isn't it? In any case, all you need to do is keep your main funds in an offline paper wallet. Then have fun NSA trying to hack that one.

I think the NSA have better things to do than actively observe a zettabyte per month of data sent back and forth all over the world. Sure they can target and access many systems, there are reports of US DoD governmental IPs poking in servers here and there way outside the US, but relax a little. xD

It's not like there's a team of analyst assigned to every person connected to the internet 24/7.

Take care of your traceability if you are paranoid and you'll (probably) be fine.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:11:23 PM

I don't give a shit. I'm sure they know much worse things about me. It would be nice if they got in touch with a few tips for anal fissures rather than sitting back and judging me.

BTC does give you options when it comes to avoiding scrutiny. They're convoluted but out there.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 04:57:24 PM

Actually this is why they are interested in bitcoin, to the extent they are. Bitcoin makes it much, much, much harder to track money. In fact it can be used in a way that the NSA has no idea who is doing what. Traditional banking can be as easy to track as making a phone call.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
GODLIKE (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 05:06:02 PM

Actually this is why they are interested in bitcoin, to the extent they are. Bitcoin makes it much, much, much harder to track money. In fact it can be used in a way that the NSA has no idea who is doing what. Traditional banking can be as easy to track as making a phone call.

What about fiat cash?

BITCOIN FOREVER news aggregator: only the most important news on the cryptoworld!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 05:47:35 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2015, 06:04:32 PM by LaudaM

What about fiat cash?
That really depends. It isn't as easy to be completely anonymous with cash as people might think. To be completely anonymous one has to go through a lot of trouble, similar to what needs to be done with Bitcoin.
Where you get your cash matters, to whom you're giving it to matters as well. I would not be surprised if they had a method of tracking quite a portion of cash.

Overall I would say that cash does provide more anonymity at the moment than Bitcoin (because most do not use it properly to ensure anonymity). However, things are being done to enable better anonymity with Bitcoin (look - confidential transactions BIP).

I would also like to add that this thread is pure nonsense. Even if you look up the address listed on my profile, what do you get out of it? With careful analysis you might be able to identify all addresses associated (owned by) with LaudaM. However, who is LaudaM? Using Bitcoin properly ensures decent anonymity.

If you think that someone is going to spend several thousand dollars (or more) to identify a single (average) user, think again.

Update:
Nonsense.
You need to be ignored for various purposes. I definitely would love being blackmailed by the NSA because they know all my secrets.  Roll Eyes

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 05:58:12 PM

What about fiat cash?
Harder to track. But consider that each dollar has a unique serial number on it, or that bills are regularly marked for use in police operations. Some countries, I think Denmark is one, record each bill each time it enters a bank. That goes a long way in determining the history of a bill.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 05:59:48 PM

What about fiat cash?
Harder to track. But consider that each dollar has a unique serial number on it, or that bills are regularly marked for use in police operations. Some countries, I think Denmark is one, record each bill each time it enters a bank. That goes a long way in determining the history of a bill.
True, but as long as the cash never enters a bank and goes from to hand, it's pretty anonymous. Of course, there's no way to know when the last time a bill entered an ATM tho.
Omega.SportSciencie

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 06:01:26 PM

And why so much fear to all those conspiracy theories?

What if NSA knows everything? whats wrong with that? They must have a purpose to do that and nobody have proofs that they are using it for a bad thing (it can be bad at some point but just to complete a bigger goal that could only be completed that way).

All this topics and conspiracy theories are the product of the Fairy tales everybody keep on their mind, those fairy tales of the things like the "Antichrist" or sci-fi tales, or the believe that just one government controlling all the world must be bad, yeah, its as bad as when all the tribes of China were independent,( well in fact most modern countries were separate states or tribes at one point.)
GODLIKE (OP)

Activity: 546

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 08:32:17 PM

And why so much fear to all those conspiracy theories?

What if NSA knows everything? whats wrong with that? They must have a purpose to do that and nobody have proofs that they are using it for a bad thing (it can be bad at some point but just to complete a bigger goal that could only be completed that way).

All this topics and conspiracy theories are the product of the Fairy tales everybody keep on their mind, those fairy tales of the things like the "Antichrist" or sci-fi tales, or the believe that just one government controlling all the world must be bad, yeah, its as bad as when all the tribes of China were independent,( well in fact most modern countries were separate states or tribes at one point.)

I opened this thread only because so many people didn't want to join my FB group because of privacy or security and stuff.
They didn't want to let others know they are Bitcoin users.
What will happen when so many more people will be Bitcoin users?
They will join a page where they state that they are not Bitcoin users?

So I opened this thread to show that they are not safe just because they don't join a FB page.
NSA knows everything.
And a hacker doesn't need your name to see if you have a Bitcoin wallet.
Hackers roam around FB to steal ID data, not Bitcoins.

But regarding you, remember that secrets and conspiracies are a constant all along human history, they are also a constant all along all human society, from family to friends to larger social structures.
Thinking that everything you see is all there's to see is just very, very, very naive and ignorant.

And, I don't know about you, but in example, thinking that we are entering a WW3 because somebody decided to do it, quite disturbs, annoys and enrages me. I feel manipulated, in danger, because somebody else want it like that.
If you think they work for you, you are again very very naive.

BITCOIN FOREVER news aggregator: only the most important news on the cryptoworld!
freedombit

Activity: 274

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 04:54:33 AM

There was an article I read in the last 12 months where a top official at the CIA or NSA suggested using multi-signature technology to secure private citizen's information. This could be one of the greatest uses of the blockchain.

For example, even the President of the United States (or Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund), cannot access someone's private information without some sort of blockchain vote. Maybe the existential evidence is revealed and at least 90 of 100 randomly chosen people have to agree that it is important enough to reveal the private information.

Did anyone else read the article or have a link to the source? The subject is worthy of posting in Bitcoin Forum > Other > Politics & Society.

bitcollins85

Activity: 235

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 09:54:15 PM

those who want transparency should be able to have it, and those who want privacy should be able to have it as well. Bitcoin has the potential to provide a sliding scale of anonymity depending on what you want.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 12:31:58 AM

those who want transparency should be able to have it, and those who want privacy should be able to have it as well. Bitcoin has the potential to provide a sliding scale of anonymity depending on what you want.

Sure, it has the potential to. If people would have a consensus over it. Will that ever happen? I wonder...

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 12:42:36 AM

I open this thread because it seems many people have the illusion of anonymity with Bitcoin.

There's a degree of anonymity when you pay with Bitcoin: it's a little more than when you pay in cash, when you buy online, and it's THE SAME of paying in cash if you use Bitcoin at a cafe or in a shop.

But if you think the government can't "spy on you" when you use Bitcoin you are so wrong.

NSA KNOWS you have something to do with Bitcoin when you launch your wallet and connect to a node.

They control each and every connection, so they see from home at n.XX Dumb Street, where Genius Guy lives, somebody just opened a Bitcoin wallet, because you just connected to a Bitcoin node.
And because the volume transfer reveals the amount of money transmitted, they could also know if you have a load of Bitcoin or you are just a guy with average cash.

Now, I may be wrong on this, but it seems pretty straightforward to think: NSA can filter PHONE CALLS and emails, you think they can't set up a system and identify who is running a Bitcoin node and, consequently, users with wallets?
If this system is not already up, it will soon be.
They won't know who is in front of the computer when the wallet is opened, but sure as the Sun, they know at that house somebody is using Bitcoin.

You scared of hackers? That's a better motivation for privacy but still... if you are here now, on this forum, chances are you are so tech savvy that you have a good antivirus installed, you don't open popups and install crap you don't know the origin of.

Also, think the following: if you are so scared to show that you use Bitcoin, what will happen in the future, when a large part of population will use it?
Will they all pretend to be still using dollars? Cheesy

And last but not least... if a hacker manages to enter a computer, no matter if you use Bitcoin or bank account: he'll fuck both.
Sure, with Bitcoin the thing is much faster, but you won't be safe, regardless.

The problem is not Bitcoin, the problem is, and remains, being tech savvy.

Of course they do.  They know everything.  They even have your Google search history in file.  They got your Jailbait and Goat sex searches in it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
tadakaluri

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 02:41:05 AM

If NSA already start filtering Bitcoin usage, they must caught lot of people who use bigger BTC transaction without paying taxes. It can't happen, so they are busy with other things Smiley
OBAViJEST

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 04:11:14 AM

Of course they do.  They know everything.  They even have your Google search history in file.  They got your Jailbait and Goat sex searches in it.

Sure they do, but you won't be getting a call from Special Agent Chris Hansen any time soon.  They're just saving the incriminating stuff in the event an opportunity arises to blackmail you.  Good luck running for office!
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 04:13:18 AM

Sure they do, but you won't be getting a call from Special Agent Chris Hansen any time soon.  They're just saving the incriminating stuff in the event an opportunity arises to blackmail you.  Good luck running for office!

No problem. Thats how it works you just need to buy the NSA when you run for presidency so they hide everything about you instead.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 08:48:55 PM

I think you are correct.

Unfortunately it's true. Snowden revealed many projects. I don't remember the name now but one of the projects was an automated computer system that automatically can hack every computer that it is told to target. It gets feeded with actual exploits from all sides. Only when the system can't do it on it's own then manual interception by humans is done. NSA hackers so to say. Smiley

Yes, paper wallet might be fine. Only thing is... at one point you need to access the coins. You don't want to be surprised by your wallet cleared before your eyes in the moment you imported the private key in a wallet.
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 08:52:50 PM

I think you are correct.

I think the NSA have better things to do than actively observe a zettabyte per month of data sent back and forth all over the world. Sure they can target and access many systems, there are reports of US DoD governmental IPs poking in servers here and there way outside the US, but relax a little. xD

It's not like there's a team of analyst assigned to every person connected to the internet 24/7.

Take care of your traceability if you are paranoid and you'll (probably) be fine.

Um... that's where they have the enourmous computer power for. Of course they can't go into all details all the time, but they observe all traffic they can get. They mostly check and store the metadata of things, so that they can build connections. But when they found something interesting then their computer power can go as deep as they want. It's hilarious what possibilities they have once you read all about what snowden revealed.

And yes, probably they don't care about your bitcoins, at least not if you don't fund things they don't like. They probably wouldn't even intervene when you would do something illegal. They would reveal their possibilities so that they would not even use these infos. Except you are a target. Then it would come in handy. Smiley
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 08:58:39 PM

You are right, when you are a pro. But i'm sure when you are a pro then you already have your ways of transferring safely. I believe it's named Hawala, it's a financial system used in islamic states. They don't send money, they use a network of money persons. There is no money changing from one money person to the other. One money person only says to the other money person "I had a deposit here, pay out X money to mister Y". No money actually flowing except at the exit and input points. And it should be pretty easy to give the infos about the payout in a way that is similar to bitcoin.

So i think the NSA is happy about all the financial data they could get from bitcoin. But yes, if done correctly then they could not do anything.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: