Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 08:32:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NSA KNOWS  (Read 8245 times)
alone bird

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 12:59:23 PM

The whole NSA plot is so stupid. If any three letter
agency wanted to they could focus on Bitcoin and
create a lot of trouble here. The NSA focuses and
has their hands full watching terrorist groups and
individuals. They have no reason to waste time on
Bitcoin. Now, the IRS is a different story. They're
only worried about the money and Bitcoin is
money you could potentially hide from them
and the shitt things will not be happened if I will
make my transaction and keys private..
 that will be safe enough.
MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 01:44:36 PM

after seeing the us gvt come down hard on people like ulbricht & shrem, I have no doubt they are monitoring btc, potentially all users.  BUT, I think the userbase is small enough that they dont have a whole lot of reason to actively monitor users, but probably are STORING all the data they can, in case they want to come down on certain people in the future.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 08:35:40 PM

The whole NSA plot is so stupid. If any three letter
agency wanted to they could focus on Bitcoin and
create a lot of trouble here. The NSA focuses and
has their hands full watching terrorist groups and
individuals. They have no reason to waste time on
Bitcoin. Now, the IRS is a different story. They're
only worried about the money and Bitcoin is
money you could potentially hide from them
and the shitt things will not be happened if I will
make my transaction and keys private..
 that will be safe enough.

I think you sir are correct. The CIA and the NSA do not give a shit about bitcoin. They will study it so that when they catch someone funding a terror group with it they know something. But outside of that bitcoin has no relation to what they do. The IRS however has a huge interest in bitcoin. The only national laws that matters right now have to do with capitol gains. I would guess the IRS is looking into software to find out who is evading their tax liability.
At some point they may launch a campaign to get that money, plus fines. It won't effect people who are paying now, but could get ugly for anyone who has not. or they may do nothing. As an example look at internet purchases. When you buy something online you are supposed to keep track of it and pay taxes at the end of the year. Almost no one does that and it has gone on for years now with no legal action. It would now be impossible to go back through all the data and assess fines.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Klestin

Activity: 493

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 08:50:24 PM

And because the volume transfer reveals the amount of money transmitted...
Yerm

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 09:43:52 PM

i doubt the government is spending the money and resources just to spy on regular people and watching what they do with bitcoin.
Linuld

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 02:27:35 PM

i doubt the government is spending the money and resources just to spy on regular people and watching what they do with bitcoin.

Why not? It's pretty interesting and easy for them. I mean they don't have it that easy with fiat. They can't follow it around so easy but they can follow bitcoins.

An i think they know bitcoins potential. They would be stupid not to take care. In fact i know they are not stupid since, i believe gavin did that, some years ago he held a meeting with the CIA that wanted to get informed about that new currency. Surely they will track.

And you say they don't care about the normal user. Why not? It is so easy and so few data... and if it is easy then they will observe it. Just in case.

If they will use that data to blame you against IRS, that is doubtable.
ashour

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 08:27:51 PM

Why not? It's pretty interesting and easy for them. I mean they don't have it that easy with fiat. They can't follow it around so easy but they can follow bitcoins.

An i think they know bitcoins potential. They would be stupid not to take care. In fact i know they are not stupid since, i believe gavin did that, some years ago he held a meeting with the CIA that wanted to get informed about that new currency. Surely they will track.

And you say they don't care about the normal user. Why not? It is so easy and so few data... and if it is easy then they will observe it. Just in case.

Most of these agencies work isn't to spy ordinary citizens, they try to spy other agencies and governments so the USA can have the upper hand.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 09:09:14 PM

Most of these agencies work isn't to spy ordinary citizens, they try to spy other agencies and governments so the USA can have the upper hand.
So spying on every single citizen is the best way to collect actual data that matters? Have you watched the documentary Citizenfour? Obviously the NSA is exploiting their power and it just keeps growing.
I do not think that they would bother with every single Bitcoin user. However, I would not be surprised if they are monitoring it nor if they have agents among the community.

The IRS however has a huge interest in bitcoin. The only national laws that matters right now have to do with capitol gains. I would guess the IRS is looking into software to find out who is evading their tax liability.
At some point they may launch a campaign to get that money, plus fines. It won't effect people who are paying now, but could get ugly for anyone who has not. or they may do nothing. As an example look at internet purchases. When you buy something online you are supposed to keep track of it and pay taxes at the end of the year. Almost no one does that and it has gone on for years now with no legal action. It would now be impossible to go back through all the data and assess fines.
Even though NSA is spying on pretty much everything, Bitcoin and PGP are harder than their usual ways. I agree that the IRS is much more interested. This is why countries in which Bitcoin is tax exempt are much better than the US (e.g. Switzerland).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
afriezalie

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 07:09:06 AM

Althought we said that bitcoin is anonymous, we access it from internet connection. In my opinion, today NSA control 95% internet connection in worldwide, so they will know what have we done with our internet connection Shocked
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 01:50:18 PM

So spying on every single citizen is the best way to collect actual data that matters? Have you watched the documentary Citizenfour? Obviously the NSA is exploiting their power and it just keeps growing.
I do not think that they would bother with every single Bitcoin user. However, I would not be surprised if they are monitoring it nor if they have agents among the community.

The IRS however has a huge interest in bitcoin. The only national laws that matters right now have to do with capitol gains. I would guess the IRS is looking into software to find out who is evading their tax liability.
Even though NSA is spying on pretty much everything, Bitcoin and PGP are harder than their usual ways. I agree that the IRS is much more interested. This is why countries in which Bitcoin is tax exempt are much better than the US (e.g. Switzerland).

Bitcoin is tax exempt in the U.S. too. It's exchanging it for local fiat that causes the tax liability.

Yerm

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 02:45:46 PM

too bad the nsa isnt in canada  Cheesy
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 03:21:52 PM

Canada doesn't need an NSA. The Royal Canadian Air Force and Navy keep everything under control.

VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 01:51:23 AM

Canada doesn't need an NSA. The Royal Canadian Air Force and Navy keep everything under control.

Hey don't be like that. We totally got real planes fighters. From WW1. >.>

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 02:08:18 AM

I do have one question...where do all of you manage to store all that tin foil? It must take up a lot of space.
Linuld

Activity: 473

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 03:31:40 AM

That's right for sure but since edward snowden's revelations we know that the nsa is collecting data from everyone in a really big scale. And it is not that they have to spend much work or time on it. They have computer and software and practically everything goes automatically.

So yes, they spy other agencies and governments but on the way... without much manual effort, they collect data about us all.
MF Doom

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 10:22:38 AM

I do have one question...where do all of you manage to store all that tin foil? It must take up a lot of space.

Your right to think should be revoked so you can just be a thoughtless governemnt mind slave.  This nsa stuff is verifiable, they catch (or at least try to) EVERYTHING they can, and thats why multi-billion dollar data storage centers are being built.  The blockchain makes it easier for them to monitor  btc.  Everything they capture will be there for them to access.  Good luck denying that!
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 10:46:21 AM

Your right to think should be revoked so you can just be a thoughtless governemnt mind slave.  This nsa stuff is verifiable, they catch (or at least try to) EVERYTHING they can, and thats why multi-billion dollar data storage centers are being built.  The blockchain makes it easier for them to monitor  btc.  Everything they capture will be there for them to access.  Good luck denying that!

Ok so let's assume for a second the NSA really monitors everything. So what? What's the big deal about privacy anyway? What's important is that right now you're still able to think for yourself, you should make the best of it while you still can. Personally I couldn't care less about the NSA snooping around, I got nothing to hide, if you wanna bore yourself to death monitoring my daily activities, go ahead knock yourself out. 
Aki4real

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 10:49:27 AM

Ok so let's assume for a second the NSA really monitors everything. So what? What's the big deal about privacy anyway? What's important is that right now you're still able to think for yourself, you should make the best of it while you still can. Personally I couldn't care less about the NSA snooping around, I got nothing to hide, if you wanna bore yourself to death monitoring my daily activities, go ahead knock yourself out. 

Until they take the next step, can't prevent all terrorism even with the monitoring and implant a chip that tracks your thoughts Wink
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 12:44:02 PM

Wrong.
Your thoughts are generated based on what your brain has been fed with.
So you are not able to think for yourself, as you think you do.
You simply choose from the available options and proceed/modify accordingly.
MF Doom

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 01:19:15 PM

Wrong.
Your thoughts are generated based on what your brain has been fed with.
So you are not able to think for yourself, as you think you do.
You simply choose from the available options and proceed/modify accordingly.

it's harder for simple minds to wrap their heads around how vast (and unconstitutional) the surveillance is.

And to anyone who says "who cares about privacy", how about you post your email and password on here...oh wait you wont! BECAUSE YOU CARE ABOUT PRIVACY.
Secondly, you're ok with billions of TAXPAYER dollars directly funding a program to spy on you? That is so backwards!

It's not easy to break the mind meld that the gvt has on most people. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: