Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:58:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NSA KNOWS  (Read 8241 times)
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 02:08:45 PM

I mine my own bitcoins and steal my internet. your move NSA

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1127

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 02:37:42 PM

Why do we have to afraid of NSA if we dont have any bad plan with our bitcoin? I mean, are you planning use your bitcoin to buy weapons or drugs? Atleast we could avoid any taxes by government and banks, so you wont get any problem with NSA unless if you are a terrorist.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 02:44:50 PM

If your involved in illegal activities Bitcoin could be used to avoid asset forfeiture if you get caught. 
You may lose your house, car and job but governments can't take your bitcoins if you encrypt your wallet memorize your password and back up your keys.

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 05:33:09 PM

What's the big deal about privacy anyway? […] I couldn't care less about the NSA snooping around, I got nothing to hide, if you wanna bore yourself to death monitoring my daily activities, go ahead knock yourself out. 

May I have your address so I can install a couple of cams in front of your windows? I find I feel some strange gratification when I see people drifting off in their living rooms.
Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 06:28:38 PM

The whole NSA plot is so stupid. If any three letter
agency wanted to they could focus on Bitcoin and
create a lot of trouble here. The NSA focuses and
has their hands full watching terrorist groups and
individuals. They have no reason to waste time on
Bitcoin. Now, the IRS is a different story. They're
only worried about the money and Bitcoin is
money you could potentially hide from them
and the shitt things will not be happened if I will
make my transaction and keys private..
 that will be safe enough.
ikr NSA just seems stupid to me. no one is going to spend the resources tracking 1 persons everday bitcoin transactions
MF Doom

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 07:10:47 PM

What's the big deal about privacy anyway? […] I couldn't care less about the NSA snooping around, I got nothing to hide, if you wanna bore yourself to death monitoring my daily activities, go ahead knock yourself out. 

May I have your address so I can install a couple of cams in front of your windows? I find I feel some strange gratification when I see people drifting off in their living rooms.

and make sure to post your email addresses, all of them, with passwords on here, or at least screenshots of your inbox and messages so all the random strangers on here can see all your stuff.

Wait, you dont want to do that?  Then you DO value privacy after all!
icematikx

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 07:45:25 PM

It's HMRC (UK equivalent of the IRS) that people need to be worried about. The fact is, thousands of people are already dodging paying taxes by dealing in BTC. Whether they're buying/selling BTC for profit, or simply buying hashing power as an investment for profit, the fact is that thousands of UK nationals are now tax evaders.

Did you know that buying hashing power, and getting PROFIT from it, is taxable?

The government wants their slice of the cake. I'd expect tighter and stricter regulation soon. I wouldn't be surprised if the UK/USA haven't already developed software to start tracking the blockchain and uniquely identifying individuals/businesses.

Think about.. The government buys a laptop from Dell, and associates that BTC address to Dell. Any transactions from that address probably belong to Dell. It won't take long before the government has a pretty accurate record of what addresses Dell owns. If they suspect even the slightest bit of tax fraud, they can take legal recourse to initiate a tax investigation/audit.
catch.me.if.you.can

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 08:27:25 PM

I propose a global on-line sue against NSA. Do you agree?
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1514

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 08:55:58 PM

It's fairly easy for the NSA or any other law enforcement agency to attach an identity to a single Bitcoin address. No matter how hard you try, you can't escape law enforcement entities like the NSA or even FBI. They know more about you than you do yourself. Seeing as Bitcoin is publicly logged for every transaction you make, it's fairly easy for NSA analysts to go through and single out your addresses.
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 08:58:46 PM

It's fairly easy for the NSA or any other law enforcement agency to attach an identity to a single Bitcoin address. No matter how hard you try, you can't escape law enforcement entities like the NSA or even FBI. They know more about you than you do yourself. Seeing as Bitcoin is publicly logged for every transaction you make, it's fairly easy for NSA analysts to go through and single out your addresses.
It's not fairly easy if you are taking the proper security measures, which you should be taking. If you want privacy, use mixers. Use cold storage. Use a new address for each transaction.
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 09:35:35 PM

It's not fairly easy if you are taking the proper security measures, which you should be taking. If you want privacy, use mixers. Use cold storage. Use a new address for each transaction.
Also need to use VPNs and Tor, if you are actually trying to evade agencies.
Everything is being logged 24/7 for review at a future date. When AI is a reality, they will review all files in real-time.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
catch.me.if.you.can

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 09:13:05 AM

An IP is not a person. NSA knows the entrance to internet, but they dont know who uses this entrance.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 10:12:55 AM

An IP is not a person. NSA knows the entrance to internet, but they dont know who uses this entrance.

Now if only they didn't have easy access to who own what ip, then i'm sure that'd make me feel safer. But sadly i don't know of many ISP that you connect to that doesn't have Your name, your address, your bank account #, etc. Tongue

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1127

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 01:05:49 PM

and make sure to post your email addresses, all of them, with passwords on here, or at least screenshots of your inbox and messages so all the random strangers on here can see all your stuff.

Well I think you could differ what the meaning of being monitored by secret agent with posting our data publicly. Have you ever used Google? Yes? So it means Google have stored your personal data and information about you secretly without notify you before Smiley

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
MF Doom

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 03:42:59 PM

Well I think you could differ what the meaning of being monitored by secret agent with posting our data publicly. Have you ever used Google? Yes? So it means Google have stored your personal data and information about you secretly without notify you before Smiley

To be honest, I am only repeating the argument Glenn Greenwald uses when he encounters people who say they "dont care" that they are being spied on.

His point is that EVERYONE values their privacy, and to say you don't mind being spied on is hypocritical.

In fact, everyone values privacy to some extent, and people need to come to grips that just because the gvt is doing it does NOT make it right.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 03:48:59 PM

I do have one question...where do all of you manage to store all that tin foil? It must take up a lot of space.

Your right to think should be revoked so you can just be a thoughtless governemnt mind slave.  This nsa stuff is verifiable, they catch (or at least try to) EVERYTHING they can, and thats why multi-billion dollar data storage centers are being built.  The blockchain makes it easier for them to monitor  btc.  Everything they capture will be there for them to access.  Good luck denying that!

Ok so let's assume for a second the NSA really monitors everything. So what? What's the big deal about privacy anyway? What's important is that right now you're still able to think for yourself, you should make the best of it while you still can. Personally I couldn't care less about the NSA snooping around, I got nothing to hide, if you wanna bore yourself to death monitoring my daily activities, go ahead knock yourself out. 

That's actually an argument that is heard pretty often. But you have something to hide. Would you let you film while being on toilet? Doesn't it matter about all the embarrassing things that can be directly found when observing your internet connection or phone? And even if you encrypt, metadata is the big thing for them. Doing that they can guess pretty good that you might have a certain social disease or similar.

And you might own a company. You know that the NSA does corporate espionage?

Only because you think you does have nothing to hide doesn't mean that is the case.

For example this carter from vienna. He wanted to take a ride with one of these websites where rides are offered. At the end he did travel with the train because the driver couldn't drive him at the end. When he reached he was stopped by police and throughly investigated. Including anal investigation.

Why? Because the person he wanted to drive with was a known drug dealer and the police got a tip from some agency. And police though he must have to do with him. That he cancelled the ride via phone went through their observation.

Great right? If you think it's fine for you to be treated like a potential criminal whose daily life has to be observed then be it. But there are great reasons against that.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 03:55:08 PM

If someone tells you they don't care about privacy at all ask them to send you a video of them fucking their wife or girlfriend and a copy of their ID to verify it's them. That usually stops the debate.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 03:55:29 PM

Except they have their little kraken arms in every ISP, land- and sealine. It doesn't matter when they can't connect the dots through the blockchain when they already know exactly that you are the one who is using that address because you send around transactions of that kind.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 04:28:06 PM

The sweet thing about secret agencies is that they don't need to KNOW who uses that ip, they only need to guess correctly. And even when they don't guess correctly, you still can be catched in their net wrongly.

They are not the police. They don't need to prove that you are guilty. They catch you away and you rot in some hidden prison. If they are not so sure about you then they will ask you, maybe abu ghraib style?

I mean you never heard how the US targets their drone bomb targets? Metadata. And sim cards from phones and so on. Great, right?

The funny thing is, terrorists then started to throw simcards into a bag and everyone draws one. Guess it is no fun being the fan of a terrorist leader.

Anyway... they know way enough.

MF Doom

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 05:07:21 PM

The sweet thing about secret agencies is that they don't need to KNOW who uses that ip, they only need to guess correctly. And even when they don't guess correctly, you still can be catched in their net wrongly.

They are not the police. They don't need to prove that you are guilty. They catch you away and you rot in some hidden prison. If they are not so sure about you then they will ask you, maybe abu ghraib style?

thats right, they dont need to know things concretely to "arrest" or detain you.

And once they do, all they have to do is coerce the info they need about you, or raid your house and take your computers, phones, etc and find whatever they want.  Good luck hiding behind an ip address
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: