Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:50:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama announces stronger action on U. S. power plants  (Read 1529 times)
godlyitems

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:06:35 PM

You clearly don't get what I was posting about. Perhaps you should read my post again and also read the post I was responding to.

Oh, I did. The post by Peterson33 was in reference to the tax burden on the middle class to fund this program to which you replied this would be pennies out of the middle class paycheck.

I want to believe this theory of pennies out of the paycheck. Do you have a link? Has your utility company been able to verify an increase of "pennies". If so, how many pennies?

Additionally, can you provide a link that can point to how AGW would be positively affected by this program?

TIA!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
peterson33

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:12:15 PM

Oh, I did. The post by Peterson33 was in reference to the tax burden on the middle class to fund this program to which you replied this would be pennies out of the middle class paycheck.

I want to believe this theory of pennies out of the paycheck. Do you have a link? Has your utility company been able to verify an increase of "pennies". If so, how many pennies?

Additionally, can you provide a link that can point to how AGW would be positively affected by this program?

TIA!

What is the program in question? Are we talking about the new regulations? No. We are talking about the fuel and utility subsides to the poor. Those account for pennies out of your paycheck.
godlyitems

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:15:01 PM

What is the program in question? Are we talking about the new regulations? No. We are talking about the fuel and utility subsides to the poor. Those account for pennies out of your paycheck.

Right. So, we are back to the pennies out of the paycheck. Where is the link for this? Has your utility company down in San Antonio been able to verify that with these proposed regulations, your utility bill will only be rising by pennies? Do you have a link for that?

Again, do you have a link that would support AGW being positively affected by these new regulations?
peterson33

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:16:01 PM

Right. So, we are back to the pennies out of the paycheck. Where is the link for this? Has your utility company down in San Antonio been able to verify that with these proposed regulations, your utility bill will only be rising by pennies? Do you have a link for that?

Again, do you have a link that would support AGW being positively affected by these new regulations?

The LIHEAP budget (the program which provides utility assistance to the poor) was $3.4 Billion in 2014. There are 122 million taxpayers. Most of those tax payers are paid twice a month, 12 months a year. 2.4 billion divided by 122 million divided by 24 = $1.16.

So I'll admit I was wrong on one thing. It costs taxpayers roughly a dollar per paycheck. Even if utility costs triple as conservatives have cited earlier in the thread, the costs per taxpayer would still be less than $4.
godlyitems

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:17:08 PM

The LIHEAP budget (the program which provides utility assistance to the poor) was $3.4 Billion in 2014. There are 122 million taxpayers. Most of those tax payers are paid twice a month, 12 months a year. 2.4 billion divided by 122 million divided by 24 = $1.16.

So I'll admit I was wrong on one thing. It costs taxpayers roughly a dollar per paycheck. Even if utility costs triple as conservatives have cited earlier in the thread, the costs per taxpayer would still be less than $4.

Ahh, You are using tax-payer subsidies as the qualifier for your "pennies out of the paycheck". This does not include the higher rates paying customers pay that the utility provider levies to offset all of the subsidized utility bills for the poor.

So, if these proposed regulations are passed, what will be the tax-payer subsidies per tax-payer and then what will the utility provider charge each paying customer to offset all of the subsidized utility bills? Will this be 400 pennies?

Also, do you have a link that would support AGW being positively affected by these new regulations?
Ermon

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:18:24 PM

Is the fossil fuel industry paying you directly? Or, did they promise you something shiny? A pie chart, some anecdotal nonsense, and more denying. I'd argue science with you deniers, but you've forsaken science for political affiliation and/or hatred of the black man in the white house who's smarter than you.

It's embarrassing, pathetic, and small minded.
peterson33

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:19:24 PM

Ahh, You are using tax-payer subsidies as the qualifier for your "pennies out of the paycheck". This does not include the higher rates paying customers pay that the utility provider levies to offset all of the subsidized utility bills for the poor.

So, if these proposed regulations are passed, what will be the tax-payer subsidies per tax-payer and then what will the utility provider charge each paying customer to offset all of the subsidized utility bills? Will this be 400 pennies?

Also, do you have a link that would support AGW being positively affected by these new regulations?

Where have I ever expressed support for these new regulations in this thread?
godlyitems

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:20:41 PM

Where have I ever expressed support for these new regulations in this thread?
So you are saying that given the lack of a link to support these proposed regulations will positively affect AGW, you do not support these new proposals, whether 400 or 4,000,000 pennies, per tax-payer and/or utility provider customer.
peterson33

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:21:40 PM

So you are saying that given the lack of a link to support these proposed regulations will positively affect AGW, you do not support these new proposals, whether 400 or 4,000,000 pennies, per tax-payer and/or utility provider customer.

I've never claimed the new regulations would cost pennies. Why do you guys keep lying about what I said?
godlyitems

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:23:48 PM

I've never claimed the new regulations would cost pennies. Why do you guys keep lying about what I said?

That program amounts to pennies out of the Middle Class paycheck.

So, you do not support these new proposals for regulation.

The program for utility assistance for low income households cost pennies out of a middle class paycheck, according to you. The "pennies" figure accounts for tax-payer subsidies, it does not also include the higher rates paying customers are charged to offset the utility assistance.

The proposed regulations would increase the cost of providing electricity for utility providers, including those in the San Antonio area. That cost will be passed onto the paying customer. There have not been any links or data presented that would show what these increases would be, and how those on utility assistance would be affected.

You provided a "pennies" narrative, meant to minimize the true cost impact of these proposed regulations.

You still have not provided a link to support a claim that these proposed regulations will positively affect AGW.

Please let us know how you are able to minimize your carbon footprint in San Antonio, including not running your AC this summer. I would like to hopefully learn something from you in this thread.
shevon

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:25:00 PM

Winters coming.How will the poor and people on fixed incomes afford the increased utility bills?

I don't know. But I'm going to ask the guy from the solar panel company when he comes by on Thursday.
KriszDev

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:26:49 PM

I don't know. But I'm going to ask the guy from the solar panel company when he comes by on Thursday.

I've got just the thing, genuine miracle cream I bought from a travelling salesman.
"Come one, come all" he said. "Step right up!"
"This sounds too good to be true" I thought.
He said I looked like a smart young man.
"So is it a deal?" I inquired.
Two hours later he was gone, with 60 of my dollars.
But I had the miracle cream!
shevon

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:27:38 PM

I've got just the thing, genuine miracle cream I bought from a travelling salesman.
"Come one, come all" he said. "Step right up!"
"This sounds too good to be true" I thought.
He said I looked like a smart young man.
"So is it a deal?" I inquired.
Two hours later he was gone, with 60 of my dollars.
But I had the miracle cream!

That's all very nice, and I'm sure your enjoyed yourself.

Just as I am sure that your grandfather was one of the boys who yelled "Get a horse" at early motorists.
KriszDev

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:31:27 PM

Just as I am sure that your grandfather was one of the boys who yelled "Get a horse" at early motorists.

Ahhh for that comparison to work somebody like Henry Ford would of had to been roaming around the country tricking people into thinking horses caused polio while simultaneously trying to sell them an inferior expensive alternative.

Do you know why the car replaced the horse?

Because it worked and people wanted it.

Government didn't have to create mass ignorant hysteria by demonize pinhookers.

Shevon you need to accept the single solitary reality that is at the heart of your problem with this global warming nonsese...

...you've been tricked.

You've been scammed Fitzroy.

Swindled, ripped off, defrauded, deceived, conned, hustled, hosed, cheated, pwnd!

And you're happy about that which is the most perplexing part of all.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 10:28:58 PM

Ahhh for that comparison to work somebody like Henry Ford would of had to been roaming around the country tricking people into thinking horses caused polio while simultaneously trying to sell them an inferior expensive alternative.

Do you know why the car replaced the horse?

Because it worked and people wanted it.

Government didn't have to create mass ignorant hysteria by demonize pinhookers.

Shevon you need to accept the single solitary reality that is at the heart of your problem with this global warming nonsese...

...you've been tricked.

You've been scammed Fitzroy.

Swindled, ripped off, defrauded, deceived, conned, hustled, hosed, cheated, pwnd!

And you're happy about that which is the most perplexing part of all.

+1

Not only all that, but what we really need is hardened power distribution systems - hardened against solar flares and EMF attacks. 
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: