Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:49:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin CEO arrested and Blockchain hacked  (Read 2813 times)
harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 12:22:40 PM

Haha.
If this was tongue-in-cheek it worked. Sure drew out some loons Smiley
If not, I feel sorry for you. Lol.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 12:27:42 PM

The mainstream media has so much to talk about bitcoin this week Wink

This is like sixth time that the CEO of Bitcoin got arrested in the last year or so! Smiley

This just shows how ordinary people don't have a clue of what Bitcoin is and how it works. I mean for God's sake, go to wikipedia, spend 15 minutes of reading and you will figure it out that Bitcoin doesn't have a freaking CEO.
Mayer Amschel

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 12:31:27 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3frn1d/satoshis_coins_have_not_moved_blockchaininfo_is/

Hours
fryarminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 12:47:42 PM

Bitcoin CEO Hacks the Blockchain

- fixed that for ya.
investspot

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Love me love my Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 12:59:34 PM

Can you post a link for details? Thanks
afriezalie

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 03:17:38 PM

Haha, this is a nice joke Cheesy. Don't believe this, because blockchain hasn't hacked by someone until today. The problem i'm afraid of is blockchain error like last time we saw it.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 03:25:18 PM

seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 03:28:36 PM

Thanks OP, the thread title gave me a chuckle. It is unfortunate that so many people actually think things are that way, or could be. It is hard to explain decentralization and blockchain technology with people outside of community.
thebenjamincode

Activity: 490

37iGtdUJc2xXTDkw5TQZJQX1Wb98gSLYVP

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:29:49 PM

where did you heard that news? i wish you could just also post the link where you have read it so that we could know if its real
b-trading

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 07:41:21 PM

Who the hell is the Bitcoin CEO and what blockchain in particular? Blockchain.info or the block chain ledger?

I think OP was just trying to be ironic... Grin

Well, he has 307 activity on a Sr Member account, I would hope that he doesn't think Bitcoin has an actual CEO at this point. I think some people here still think Satoshi is the CEO of Bitcoin or something along the lines.

What about if he really think that Bitcoin has a CEO..have many activity doesn't mean that he know everything about bitcoin
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 08:08:54 PM

It's just how they write headlines
They want non bitcoiners to read the article so they truncate all the info into a "grabber" soundbite

Karapeles was a CEO of a btc exchange therefore he's a btc CEO just like steve jobs was often called stuff like a "tech boss" jobs was never the boss of any machine, he was a CEO... People still "got it"

The differentiation between the blockchain and blockchain.info should be a little better delineated tho

Anyways... That's for the confused noobs

OP... Thanks for my morning kek
Scamalert

Activity: 490

Captain

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 08:55:05 PM

Mark Karpeles, the former CEO of the collapsed MtGox was arrested in Japan.

Send him down for 99 years.

You can add one more 9 there, then are we about the level for a fair punishment.
Also no visitors and diat should be water and bread.
Read in another thread that they should treat him pretty bad in Jail,
guess it is a really bad idea to go Japan, do some chrimes and scam a lot of people.
MF Doom

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:44:01 PM

You can add one more 9 there, then are we about the level for a fair punishment.
guess it is a really bad idea to go Japan, do some chrimes and scam a lot of people.

Has anything been proven?  I mean this guy doesn't seem smart enough to pull a hiest like this, let alone hide the coins for this long.  Yes he does seem to be hiding somehting, and maybe arresting him for this will lead to more information, but it seems like there are more involved than jsut him.
GermanGiant (OP)

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 05:44:06 PM

Has anything been proven?  I mean this guy doesn't seem smart enough to pull a hiest like this, let alone hide the coins for this long.  Yes he does seem to be hiding somehting, and maybe arresting him for this will lead to more information, but it seems like there are more involved than jsut him.
I still firmly believe MK is not the culprit. It might be Jed or someone else. MK discovered the issue late and first tried desperately to make someone else a CEO. Failing that he probably siphoned some fund to save his own ass. His attitude after the crash does not look like the main conspirator at all. Remember Neo & Bee. They left Cyprus after the scam. MK sat well in Japan and was taking care of his cat. This is so unlikely of a criminal.
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 06:48:57 PM

It's just how they write headlines
They want non bitcoiners to read the article so they truncate all the info into a "grabber" soundbite

Yeah, non-bitcoin users will simply register these words "BITCOIN - ARRESTED - HACKED" not knowing what the "blockchain" mean something else and we don't have a CEO. That's modern day journalism. Although it's not accurate, this could be bad publicity for Bitcoin. All new users could see is a big red sign saying "Stay Away". I wish there is something more positive coming our way soon.

Edit:
I am glad that MK is finally arrested, he deserves to be put behind bars until he cough up the missing coins.
GermanGiant (OP)

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 11:44:49 PM

Who the hell is the Bitcoin CEO and what blockchain in particular? Blockchain.info or the block chain ledger?

I think OP was just trying to be ironic... Grin

Well, he has 307 activity on a Sr Member account, I would hope that he doesn't think Bitcoin has an actual CEO at this point. I think some people here still think Satoshi is the CEO of Bitcoin or something along the lines.

What about if he really think that Bitcoin has a CEO..have many activity doesn't mean that he know everything about bitcoin

Nopes... sorry. I dont think Bitcoin has a CEO. I only think Bitcoin has a Hitler, named Mike Hearn. Hence, everyone should stay away from XT. Otherwise this Hitler will turn into CEO. Wink
juankburke

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 01:32:53 AM

i laughed a lot when i read bitcoin CEO i was like whatttt ? common does people still think that way ?
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 12:43:29 PM

i laughed a lot when i read bitcoin CEO i was like whatttt ? common does people still think that way ?

Yes. They do. Bitcoin is still a mysterious object to most people on this earth. A few days ago I brought up the topic of bitcoin informally in a social gathering. One guy stood up and said "I'm not going to submit my financial details to any central authority. Any digital data is under vigilance. So, bitcoin should be avoided at any cost."

roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 07:10:08 PM

Mainstream media appears to have changed their mind regarding bitcoin. Last year and earlier this year they couldn't resist bashing the technology and promoting its flaws.
Nowadays I only find positive articles about bitcoin from mainstream media including BBC, Wall Street Journal, NASDAQ, Yahoo etc.
harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 02:30:24 AM

Mainstream media appears to have changed their mind regarding bitcoin. Last year and earlier this year they couldn't resist bashing the technology and promoting its flaws.
Nowadays I only find positive articles about bitcoin from mainstream media including BBC, Wall Street Journal, NASDAQ, Yahoo etc.

I'm always saddened when I talk to Americans (same elsewhere but I mention Americans coz I always expect more sense from them), and find that their mind set has been created by what the main stream media says. Current forum members excepted of course Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: