Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 01:23:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are GMO Foods Safe? What Are The Pros and Cons?  (Read 2679 times)
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 08:53:46 PM

There you damn go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WSCs78Gl9M

This explains GMOs. Watch you tin-foil hat idiots call this government... Stuff?

I mean honestly, don't spew autism if the only people who have posted studies on this have lied about their PhD and pulled their places of work from their crusty rectum.

But, but, I complained about inflamed assholes and linked information from a study conducted by Dr. Judy Carman. "Dr. Carman has degrees in both epidemiology and medicine"

Wanna borrow my tin-foil hat? It 'll go perfectly on top of your strawman.
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 09:19:23 PM

There you damn go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WSCs78Gl9M

This explains GMOs. Watch you tin-foil hat idiots call this government... Stuff?

I mean honestly, don't spew autism if the only people who have posted studies on this have lied about their PhD and pulled their places of work from their crusty rectum.

Did you get your only information from someone who got their information from someone who told them what to think? Please get some research into the studies about how GMOs can harm people. If you can't find any that support your idea that they're all good forever and ever, then that's bad. Because there should be studies about how how GMOs can affect us longterm.....

Edit:

The video you linked to had articles...

Study reveals GMO corn to be highly toxic

Glyphosate’s Suppression of Cytochrome P450 Enzymes and Amino Acid Biosynthesis by the Gut Microbiome: Pathways to Modern Diseases†

New Review Points to Glyphosate’s Dangerous Health Effects

Debate Surrounding GMO Seeds Heats Up As Supermarkets Start Labeling Ingredients

Of course that last link is old, because as we all know, the government doesn't want us to know what's in our food and made it so they don't have to tell us, and obviously won't.
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 12:38:14 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2015, 01:10:46 PM by notbatman

While an epidemic of inflamed assholes is a definite downside one of the pros of GMOs is that they're considerably safer for pregnant women than thalidomide.
dodgecharger

Activity: 1005
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 12:15:30 AM

GMOs are typically used to grow things outside of their normal growing season, and to yield more, or was I misinformed?
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 12:51:56 AM

GMOs are typically used to grow things outside of their normal growing season, and to yield more, or was I misinformed?

You just haven't heard of the 'side-effects' of GMO.  Smiley
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 12:53:17 AM

The argument here is whether they're safe or not. A typical propaganda tactic from GMO companies is to redirect any discussion on safety away from the issue.

But, to answer your question I believe roundup-ready GMOs are the most typical type of crops and those are about requiring farmers to purchase expensive herbicides with questionable effects on human and livestock health.
kenbytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:35:41 PM

I am 'cautious' about GMOs and think that their use should be restricted unless there is a clear need.

bitcollins85

Activity: 235
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:01:27 PM

My issue with most discussions about GMO is that people tend to treat all GMOs as if they are identical. Genetic modification is a technique. If you put in a gene with a harmful effect, you will get something harmful. If you put in a gene with a beneficial effect, you will get something beneficial.
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:40:50 PM

My issue with most discussions about GMO is that people tend to treat all GMOs as if they are identical. Genetic modification is a technique. If you put in a gene with a harmful effect, you will get something harmful. If you put in a gene with a beneficial effect, you will get something beneficial.

There are a few "techniques" such as using viruses to infect cells with foreign genes. During infection portions of the viruses genes also gets transferred causing unwanted harmful effects like tumors.

This is just one example of many, you can read up on the details here: http://www.independentsciencenews.org/health/regulators-discover-a-hidden-viral-gene-in-commercial-gmo-crops/

You make it sound simple and it's not.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 09:17:23 AM

While an epidemic of inflamed assholes is a definite downside one of the pros of GMOs is that they're considerably safer for pregnant women than thalidomide.

Just because Ricin is less poisonous when compared to botulinum,I don't think that you can add Ricin to your diet. Or let me take another example. Syphilis is less deadly when compared to HIV. That shouldn't mean that you should get yourself infected with Syphilis.  Grin

GMO might be less toxic when compared to Thalidomide. But that doesn't mean that it is safe for everyone. 
omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 12:06:03 PM

There are many reports that they are problematic. For example childs in the US eating maze often have to fight with several diseases.

Then the cases giving gmo to cows as food. Their udders became infected and bloody and whole cowsheds died. And thinking about it. They ate plants that were immune against some viruses or so. They killed the viruses by destroying theirs cells from the inside. Now think about why the same should not happen with other cells, for example in the udders of cows.

I surely would not take them if i can avoid it.

The smart thing in the US is, these companies are mighty. They have the government and the admission boards in the pocket because they have their man sit in both. The result is that in parts of the US it is even forbidden to mark your gmo free food as gmo-free. Because they managed to get the admission boards claim that gmo food is not different from normal food. So it is a trade barrier when someone claims his food is gmo free. Not allowed.

I will never live in the US...
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: