Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 11:23:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tons of dust transactions from address "1mtgox..." what is this?  (Read 1247 times)
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 03:09:38 PM

bigger blocks. problem "solved".

afriezalie

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 03:28:23 PM

Too many spammers since a month ago. Now you found 1 address. If only 1 address is doing this, it won't be a problem. Just input tx fees in your transaction Grin
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 03:30:56 PM

How are they merging the small outputs from spam attacks?
I tried spending some as mining fees and I couldn't, tried with Bitcoin Core and Armory.
You should spend less time on forum and instead of it improve your programming skills  Grin

First thing I thought when I didn't manage to dump whatever I could to miner fees Cheesy Then I realized these guys don't have anything that we don't have too and started reading about it Wink ... until I just let it go and kept paying high fees for my transactions.

Well, that's true, bigger blocks will make these things way more expensive.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 03:38:21 PM

Wouldn't off-the-chain transactions for tiny micropayments solve this as well? Sure, in an ideal world 100% of the transactions should go through the blockchain, but why do transactions under 1 dollar need that? maybe our technology isn't ready for this just yet and we would benefit from off the chain transactions under 1 dollar, for example.
tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 04:50:39 AM

NO!

first. bigger blocks are just as easy to fill.  no one sending anything other than dust and pay proper tx fee will ever see any problem with small blocks.  it makes the tx "real estate" more valuable thus raise btc/fiat value..  

B. one day all that will be left for miners are fees and there are alot of miners working to secure your network. you should appreciate the value of your bitcoin protocol and NOT support spam tx without proper fees.  it will make your bitcoin more valuable.

3. for tx you should always pay the proper fee for the network you are using.  it is far superior, global, faster, and significantly cheaper.  old coin and large amounts confirm pretty fast with no fee at all.

there is no problem

/panic
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 05:04:42 AM

NO!

first. bigger blocks are just as easy to fill.  no one sending anything other than dust and pay proper tx fee will ever see any problem with small blocks.  it makes the tx "real estate" more valuable thus raise btc/fiat value.. 

-snip-

/panic

No, actually they are not. A larger block is much more expensive to fill because of tx fees. Additionally, larger blocks will allow for any backlog that results of a spam attack to be cleared much more quickly.
tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 06:43:14 AM

NO!

first. bigger blocks are just as easy to fill.  no one sending anything other than dust and pay proper tx fee will ever see any problem with small blocks.  it makes the tx "real estate" more valuable thus raise btc/fiat value..  

-snip-

/panic

No, actually they are not. A larger block is much more expensive to fill because of tx fees. Additionally, larger blocks will allow for any backlog that results of a spam attack to be cleared much more quickly.

spam is very cheap and almost free.

yes lets increase the amount of spam we can handle so that if my tx looks like it is spam it will still confirm.

i suggest we modernize the blockchain.. you know 2.0 and all.

increase blocksize.  increase tx size.  add all kind of code for contracts.  make all fees 0.  you bitcoin will be worth millions.

/sarcasm

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: