Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:55:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Microsoft reading UR emails?Windows 10 may threaten ur privacy watchdogs warn  (Read 1979 times)
zenitzz (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 10:43:01 AM

Looks like Windows 10 is going to charge $15 for the privilege of using their DVD player:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/windows-10-microsoft-charges-15-to-watch-dvds-on-new-operating-system-10442460.html

Seems a bit expensive when you can just install a free superior DVD player at no extra cost. One more nail in the coffin for Mr Gates.

And solitaire too, lol. Might as well find your deck of cards and just play in real life.

Windows 10: users asked to pay subscription fee for Microsoft Solitaire

LOL Cheesy
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 03:49:01 PM

We are all shot down in this.

Imagine that you have a Linux machine. Imagine that you are well into protecting yourself in ways that no hacker can break through to get to you. Ain't good enough. Here's why.

People are upgrading to Windows 10 by the droves. The sheeple out there don't have a clue that anybody would want to intercept aspects of what they might consider their private info. Those that do either say something like, "I have nothing to hide," or, "That's life." And they upgrade.

So, what do the sheeple have to do with you? If you never do anything personal over the Internet with them, maybe nothing. But if you use email, or do banking, or purchase products with one of these Windows 10 users, kiss any info you shared with any of them good-bye. Microsoft has it.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 04:21:26 PM

I upgraded. I had 8.1 before as it came loaded when I bought my laptop. I absolutely hated 8 and 8.1 and think they were the worst Microsoft OS since ME. Windows 10 is a slight improvement in performance and user friendliness.
As far as the security thing, well, it goes without saying that Microsoft is one of the biggest offenders of privacy. And so is Google. And so is Apple. And so is Facebook. And so is Yahoo. And on and on and on.

TheIrishman
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 08:17:01 AM

I upgraded. I had 8.1 before as it came loaded when I bought my laptop. I absolutely hated 8 and 8.1 and think they were the worst Microsoft OS since ME. Windows 10 is a slight improvement in performance and user friendliness.
As far as the security thing, well, it goes without saying that Microsoft is one of the biggest offenders of privacy. And so is Google. And so is Apple. And so is Facebook. And so is Yahoo. And on and on and on.

whataboutery
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 01:58:35 PM

whataboutery

Ok. Call it whatever you want. Just stating the obvious that Microsoft is not the only company that you need to look at if you are worried about your privacy on the internet.

maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 02:19:09 PM

From the Terms of Service:

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to: 1.comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies; 2.protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of the services, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone;"

In other words, the police don't need a warrant anymore, they just have to ask.
So this is what future will bring us? Total control of the corporations and governments. They are limiting our laws and under cover of protection want to spy on us, know everyting about us.
Windows 10 is a major leap towards total infiltration of our personal space. Stay away from it if you value your privacy.
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 02:34:10 PM

From the Terms of Service:

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to: 1.comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies; 2.protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of the services, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone;"

In other words, the police don't need a warrant anymore, they just have to ask.
So this is what future will bring us? Total control of the corporations and governments. They are limiting our laws and under cover of protection want to spy on us, know everyting about us.
Windows 10 is a major leap towards total infiltration of our personal space. Stay away from it if you value your privacy.

I would go so far as to say stay away from it even if you don't value your own privacy, but value the privacy of your family members and friends, and understand that people should have a right to have privacy. By getting Windows 10 you are pretty much condoning it, and this is not something that should be condoned, or they'll never learn and it will get worse.
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 03:21:09 PM

I already installed Linux Mint...

I tried Ubuntu a few years ago but I just couldn't get used to the switch. I've used Windows for everything since Windows 3.1... I learned Windows, and nothing else. I'm not computer illiterate, I use the command line in Windows for plenty of crap they try to hide or prevent, but with Linux it's totally different, it's frustrating to relearn something that I have a lifetime of experience with. It feels like I've moved to a different country where some happen to speak English somewhat, but as a second language, and I'm trying to learn how to communicate from square one with only a basic understanding.

Windows 10 drove me over the line, and I won't go back now. Ever... The other companies which routinely spy on us are bad, but they aren't so heavily invested in our personal space. They're just peeking through the windows, we can close the blinds on them when we choose... Windows 10 on the other hand, is sitting inside the living room breathing on your neck...

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 08:33:49 PM

For those feeling safe by not upgrading, some are speculating Microsoft will also patch older versions with pretty much the same spying components:  http://www.hakspek.com/security/updates-make-windows-7-and-8-spy-on-you-like-windows-10/

As far as Linux, wasn't there some controversy surrounding a distro in the past, mainly Ubuntu versions if I recall correctly, that also phoned home searches? Further, I believe some versions had Zeitgeist (the software not the movie) installed that did pretty much the same thing Windows 10 is doing, saving searches, keystrokes, etc.
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 10:41:25 PM

Microsoft no longer lets you opt-out of a Windows 10 upgrade

Windows users report Windows 10 upgrades are enforced on their systems

Windows 10 upgrade installing automatically on some Windows 7, 8 systems

Windows 10 upgrades reportedly appearing as mandatory for some users
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 11:30:41 PM

Bullshit.  Just grab your old CD and load XT or 7 and load it.

You have to PAY FOR AN UPGRADE to 10.

There may be an exception for new computers out in the distribution chain after the release of 10, but which had 8 on them.  So then..."It's only fair..."

Duh...
christycalhoun

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 12:36:47 AM

Apple, Microsoft, Google and others have already been caught selling data to other entities. I only use free linux distributions at the momentand even now I do not have 100% privacy.

vero

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 03:30:30 PM

I am no longer surprised or shocked at these types of revelations. Of course they access our information. Sometimes for security reasons and sometimes to better target advertisements our way. It's been going on for years, way before Snowden exposed the issue.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: