Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:50:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: power line (mains) noise (dirtly electricity) from Power Supplies HEALTH HAZARD  (Read 11284 times)
Mad7Scientist (OP)

Activity: 373
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 01:05:15 AM

It's easy to make such a filter yourself. Just take the power cord that goes into your power supplies and wind it into a form of a coil.
How many Henries can you get out of that with an air core?

The suggested "capacitor in parallel" solution is a VERY BAD way to deal with the noise!
My filter draws 768VA but it consumes less than 3W Smiley

Doesn't the Xc help counteract all the Xl anyway.

Well cell phones are not good for people under the age of 12 iirc but only because the skull has not thickened enough to block the waves the phone generates. So kids should be fine texting, but not talking on cell phones directly on their ears. ( I worked for Verizon for 5 years so I got lots of research coming across my desk. )
They have to come up with a reason for why advertising cell phones to children under 12 is illegal in France yet assure people that they are safe for everyone else. When phones were first coming out there was much more concern about this and the phone companies were saying all kinds of bogus stuff about how the radiation is so weak and a tree leaf would stop it.

Beyond that not much is going to generate anything strong enough to hurt you or anyone else unless your going to go hug your mining rig for hours on end.
IT GOES THROUGH THE WIRES FOR THOUSANDS OF FEET, including the 120v power lines connecting the houses on the block. It doesn't mater how close you are to the power supplies. It's all about the wires going to it, how far down the wire you are, and the impedance of the wire at each spot.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Meizirkki

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 11:00:25 AM

How many Henries can you get out of that with an air core?
No need for accurate readings, really. IMO

Every PSU usually already contains an X2 capacitor, but it serves an entirely different purpose. When you switch off the power supply, the internal inductance (rather small though, in switching psu's) will create a high voltage peak that can be harmful to other devices in your house. The X2 cap is there to filter out just that and is not designed to get rid of continuous ripple. Though it works for that too, it's not at all a good solution.

You are not talking all bullshit with the "small capacitors in our body" thing. Capacitive coupling is a brilliant thing with a lot of potential: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxqnyCnnTZM (skip to 2 minutes for the interesting stuff Smiley ) The device in video accumulates a high voltage of many kilovolts in the coil, able to light just about any kind of gas lamp. For what it's worth, I work with this kind of devices and have never had a problem with my skin, or any other symptom whatsoever. Your PSU does not create a fraction of this voltage, and even if it did it would all be sent down the mains wiring, not accumulated anywhere like it is in the video. So any energy coupled around is insignificant and the bullshit is right there with black spots and made up units (GS?).
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 12:07:05 PM

You guys this isn't a freaking joke. This is serious. If he were to not use these filters, it's inevitable that he would turn completely black.

This isn't the first time this has happened either!

If you'll recall, there was a black guy that had this happen to him, started getting white spots.

Short time later, he's completely white.

Yes, Michael Jackson was the first for this to happen to, he was living in a house full of minors for years.

Oh that is fucking priceless
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
squeept

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 04:43:05 PM

Insane conspiracy theorist / scam artist clue #1: everyone blathering on about "dirty electricity" and the harm that man made EMF can do are ALWAYS selling something.

I'm just going to keep repeating "it's an Altera HardCopy" because I haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about.
Desolator

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 05:06:36 AM

Insane conspiracy theorist / scam artist clue #1: everyone blathering on about "dirty electricity" and the harm that man made EMF can do are ALWAYS selling something.

And skateboarders too! lol.  Anyway, totally true Tongue anyone who thinks this is legit better look ANYWHERE else for their info on damaging EM fields and whatnot.

Btw don't forgot the golden rule!  If it has enough broadcast energy to cause harm to a mostly non-metal human body, the FCC already made it illegal for disrupting everything else Tongue
Meizirkki

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 10:49:12 AM

Feel free to ridicule the OP, but don't be such loudmouths about an illness you know nothing about. kthx.
You might want to get more familiar with RF signals, Desolator. "Humans are not made out of metal" is the poorest argument.
GernMiester

Activity: 285

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 02:26:39 PM

LOL,  Where do these idiots come from and how many idiots buy this kind of FAKE shit
COMMON SENSE PEOPLE
squeept

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 02:36:07 PM

Where can I buy solar flare insurance for the absolute highest cost?

I'm just going to keep repeating "it's an Altera HardCopy" because I haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about.
DobZombie

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 03:38:24 PM

Where can I buy solar flare insurance for the absolute highest cost?

I sell the cheapest.  Only 99 BTC per year!*

* Insurance only pays out if purchaser lives past 126 years of age, has 3 legs, 2 biological mothers and is legally named Gerald Foffelby

K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 06:03:29 AM

Mad7Scientist i hope you dont believe this bullshit ur talking, otherwise your really lost!
Just a typical person crying for attention, well he got it a bit but in the wrong direction. i dont think he likes what were doing with him Tongue

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
Desolator

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 01:09:31 PM

Feel free to ridicule the OP, but don't be such loudmouths about an illness you know nothing about. kthx.
You might want to get more familiar with RF signals, Desolator. "Humans are not made out of metal" is the poorest argument.

Ah yes, EVERYTHING is harmful.  All the companies in the world are out to get you!  They know their products kill you and they're doing it on purpose as population control!  And you're so much smarter than everyone else for figuring that out so anyone who doesn't believe it is stupider than you, making you totally superior.

That's what these BS conspiracies are all about.  Every respectable study has proven cell phones do not cause brain cancer.  The ones that suggest it does are headline-baiting, scientific grant money-baiting assholes making shit up.  Remember Aspartame?  Remember the dozens of studies proving it does nothing?  It was a fake chain e-mail that suggested it does cause cancer and it convinced so many morons that I know people who still avoid Aspartame to this day.  But like I said, believing in a BS conspiracy like Aspartame is killing everyone when the majority of people don't makes you feel all warm and fuzzy that you're so much smarter than them.  Whatever.  Keep pretending everything that plugs in is killing you.
squeept

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 01:51:08 PM

It may not cause cancer, but people are allergic to Aspartame Smiley

I just avoid it because it tastes like rancid buttholes.

Desolator

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 02:08:41 PM

I also agree that it tastes like ass, lol.  I do prefer Sucralose myself, plus that's heat stable at a higher temperature and tastes better and they use like 5x less of it.
Meizirkki

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 05:40:41 PM

Ah yes, EVERYTHING is harmful.  All the companies in the world are out to get you!  They know their products kill you and they're doing it on purpose as population control!  And you're so much smarter than everyone else for figuring that out so anyone who doesn't believe it is stupider than you, making you totally superior.

That's what these BS conspiracies are all about.  Every respectable study has proven cell phones do not cause brain cancer.  The ones that suggest it does are headline-baiting, scientific grant money-baiting assholes making shit up.  Remember Aspartame?  Remember the dozens of studies proving it does nothing?  It was a fake chain e-mail that suggested it does cause cancer and it convinced so many morons that I know people who still avoid Aspartame to this day.  But like I said, believing in a BS conspiracy like Aspartame is killing everyone when the majority of people don't makes you feel all warm and fuzzy that you're so much smarter than them.  Whatever.  Keep pretending everything that plugs in is killing you.

I tell you to get more familiar with rf signals, you give me a newsflash about conspiracy theories? Well, thank you. There's no conspiracy.
DobZombie

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 05:17:13 AM

I'd be more worried about chemtrails...

O.o

Desolator

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 05:21:05 AM

I tell you to get more familiar with rf signals, you give me a newsflash about conspiracy theories? Well, thank you. There's no conspiracy.

Okay, lesson 1:
It either can knock an electron out of orbit around an atom or it can't.  EM fields from everyday electronics cannot.  The end.
Meizirkki

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 10:53:20 AM

Okay, lesson 1:
It either can knock an electron out of orbit around an atom or it can't.  EM fields from everyday electronics cannot.  The end.
I was talking about your words "humans are not made out of metal" Cheesy
RF signals (microwaves, to be exact) are reflected from metal objects. If humans were indeed made out of metal, we would have no worries inside a microwave oven. Instead, rf signals travel in a dielectric and humans being somewhat poor kind of a dielectric material, energy is lost by means of near field effects and microwave heating. Go educate yourself about those as well.

I made my point few posts back, let me repost it:
except EM radiation generated by electrical equipment doesn't affect humans in any way Tongue or frogs, lol.
That may be the controversial state of the science, but depending of course on which kind of electrical equipment you mean.. it's not true. And it really sucks for the sensitive people.
You say that this "EM radiation generated by electrical equipment" does not affect humans in any way. You are wrong, and you know it. There are many ways EM radiation affect people. Instead of showing total ignorance and disinterest, go see wikipedia for starters and if you're curious enough, tape a cellphone on your head, share internet from it to a laptop via wifi and put on torrent. IF ONLY you really weren't too busy being intelligent and teaching me your lessons about conspiracy theories and ionizing radiation, you could really learn something about electromagnetic hypersensitivity and why it such a big deal to some. It should interest you, if you're going to keep on being so loud about this subject. The talk will not end to hundred scientific studies proving EM radiation harmless as long as it causes symptoms. Whether it's just meaningless allergy needing treatment (which I hope it is) or a serious problem is sure interesting to me.
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 04:39:49 PM

'tis true.

Microwaves vibrate atoms to cause heat.

Heat itself is EM radiation. That can damage.

Sunburn is EM radiation damage

X-rays... gamma rays... All a part of the EM spectrum.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 05:15:23 AM

You know what, here's a frog levitating in a 10 tesla magnetic field, surrounded by enough EM radiation to do whatever it is you claim EM waves do to people, and yet there he is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1vyB-O5i6E

the frog wanted me to tell you that we're not made out of metal and you should all shut up.

How about 10 gigateslas?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetar#Magnetic_field

In fact our bodies do contain metals.  They even depend on their presence.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
DobZombie

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 01:05:30 PM

'tis true.

Microwaves vibrate atoms to cause heat.

Heat itself is EM radiation. That can damage.

Sunburn is EM radiation damage

X-rays... gamma rays... All a part of the EM spectrum.

You moron.

Radiation is radiation is radiation in NOT CORRECT

There are 2 different types of radiation. Ionizing (gamma particles) and non ionizing (tv, radio) radiation

Non-ionizing (or non-ionising) radiation refers to any type of electromagnetic radiation that does not carry enough energy per quantum to ionize atoms or molecules—that is, to completely remove an electron from an atom or molecule.[1] Instead of producing charged ions when passing through matter, the electromagnetic radiation has sufficient energy only for excitation, the movement of an electron to a higher energy state.

Ionizing (or ionising) radiation is radiation composed of particles that individually carry enough energy to liberate an electron from an atom or molecule, ionizing it.

With over 50 years of research there is NO EVIDENCE that ANY non ionizing radiation can cause cancer

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: