Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:08:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what is the best online bitcoin wallet  (Read 22399 times)
british

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 07:49:17 AM

i guess no one can compete blockchain..
i think everyone can, blockchain.info is inept and should not be used; they accept  spoofed, unverified transactions into their ledger, and anyone using their api for processing payments or anything for the matter are at risk of being completely fucked over.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3fv42j/blockchaininfo_spoofed_transactions_problem_aug_4/
which one would u consider then ??home wallet.
czydd

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 08:01:38 AM

these two are the best online btc wallet

conbase.com (international)
coins.ph (philippines) but can be also use even when you're not in the philippines
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 08:05:05 AM

I love Coinbase: Unlimited addresses, vaults, receive payments in bitcoin using fiat as reference and, they are already integrated in many places (buy with only one click, literally). Also, if you live in a mainstream country you can probably buy btc directly from them (near to market price, unlike localbitcoins or other sites).

all of these things that you mentioned are good features but Coinbase has 1 big flaw that negates all those features.
and that is the fact that you dont have access to your private keys, which means 0 control over your bitcoin. so if coinbase decides to close your account, your bitcoin is lost.
theres a lot more than 1 huge flaw with using coinbase as a wallet, and add in the fact that coinbase closes accounts without warning for trivial reasons, such as simply sending your coins to a gambling site.

technically it is the same thing, you have an account not a bitcoin wallet when using Coinbase or any similar service which means no control over bitcoin (private keys).

anyways online wallets should not be used or at least be used with minimal amounts.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Jerry S

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 08:12:50 AM

blockchain.info though some security setup still be better to be safe
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 08:40:25 AM

i think everyone can, blockchain.info is inept and should not be used; they accept  spoofed, unverified transactions into their ledger, and anyone using their api for processing payments or anything for the matter are at risk of being completely fucked over.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3fv42j/blockchaininfo_spoofed_transactions_problem_aug_4/
which one would u consider then ??home wallet.
I would recommend not using a web wallet at all, use a hd wallet and take the security of your coins into your own hands.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
kevindurant

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 08:41:24 AM

Coinbase, Xapo, Circle can compete with Blockchain.info. Especially in the US a lot of people use Coinbase.

Aku

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 09:14:38 AM

Coinbase, Xapo, Circle can compete with Blockchain.info. Especially in the US a lot of people use Coinbase.
whats the point if u give your details to other companies and use BITCOIN ...loll why dont people use fiat currency if they dont care about anonymity.
kevindurant

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 09:16:20 AM

whats the point if u give your details to other companies and use BITCOIN ...loll why dont people use fiat currency if they dont care about anonymity.

There is no point using online Bitcoin wallets. If you are looking for competition I showed you, there is a competition between this services. But I suggest Bitcoin Core to everyone.

wadili89
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 10:25:15 AM

coinbase is not recommanded at all becare full with coinbase they can ask you to verify your documents to verify your account and there is no point doing that blockchain.info = no documents no name nothing

Aku

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 11:17:24 AM

coinbase is not recommanded at all becare full with coinbase they can ask you to verify your documents to verify your account and there is no point doing that blockchain.info = no documents no name nothing
that is exactly what i meant.
british

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 11:21:52 AM

no point in udloading personal info. online.
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 11:38:24 AM

Also, coinbase, xapo & circle has bitlicense and it means government might have personal data of their users.
But, blockchain.info isn't good either. There are more & more blockchain.info wallet hacked everyday
If you protect your wallet with 2FA there's low or no chance of you getting hacked. I always use 2FA on my BC and other account.
british

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 01:52:05 PM

Also, coinbase, xapo & circle has bitlicense and it means government might have personal data of their users.
But, blockchain.info isn't good either. There are more & more blockchain.info wallet hacked everyday
If you protect your wallet with 2FA there's low or no chance of you getting hacked. I always use 2FA on my BC and other account.
its not just getting hacked but also about being traced ..
kevindurant

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 03:13:45 PM

Why do you use online wallets if you have privacy and security problems? Install Bitcoin Core to your PC, wait 2-3 days to synchronize then never turn it off.
The best wallet is the wallet which you control %100 and secure.

sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 04:26:51 PM

Are multi bit also include as bitcoin wallet ?
I just install it and whenever blockchain got problem , I still can recover my earnings from it

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
cogabonito

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 05:24:20 PM

Are multi bit also include as bitcoin wallet ?
I just install it and whenever blockchain got problem , I still can recover my earnings from it

It's a wallet but not online wallet. This thread is about online wallets. So, it's another 3rd party lightweight Bitcoin client but we don't define it as "online wallet".

subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 10:28:31 PM

Why do you use online wallets if you have privacy and security problems? Install Bitcoin Core to your PC, wait 2-3 days to synchronize then never turn it off.
The best wallet is the wallet which you control %100 and secure.
bitcoin core might be a problem for people that dont have the disk space to download the whole blockchain, but i do agree wholeheartedly with the latter part of your statement. in the case they either lack the disk space or patience to download the whole blockchain, a lite wallet such as multibit or electrum would be a great solution.

Aldri

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 04:21:43 PM

i preffer using blockchain and i think i dont want to using other wallet because i dont want to upload my identity
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 04:29:10 PM

i preffer using blockchain and i think i dont want to using other wallet because i dont want to upload my identity
what wallet requires you to upload your documents? ive never heard of something like that, and almost sounds like bs.

BitcoinRichman

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 04:31:21 PM

i prefer use mycellium ( mobile wallet https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mycelium.wallet )
and electrum for dekstop
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: