Bitcoin Forum
June 02, 2024, 05:01:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Multiplying the price by 10 after each halving, is it right ?  (Read 3053 times)
Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Permabull Bitcoin Investor

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:14:17 PM

Hello,

I saw people talking about multiplying the price by 10 after each halving.

Let's say before the having we will have a price of $250 for example, then the rally after the halving would put us at $2,500 and so on.

Is it right ?

I'm trying also to figure a mathematical equation where how will the price moves after halving, in theory.

Quote from:  Satoshi Nakamoto
Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:24:33 PM

There's only been one halving. Every time it happens the landscape will be radically different. It was a totally different market back then. A lot happens in 4-5 years. I don't think there's any way of predicting how the price would react.
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:30:13 PM

it would be great tough, but i doubt i'll be that lucky  Grin

Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:32:38 PM

per 25x ...  Wink
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1078976.0

SmoothCurves

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:36:08 PM

$300 in 2017? That would mean an epic amount of accumulation for most people posting here.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 08:26:53 PM

Many different factors will play the role of bitcoin price before and after the halving. Some kind of equilibrium will have to be found since don't forget, blocks that miners mine will have half of the bitcoins in them after the halving. These miners have to pay for the electricity and their rigs, so will the difficulty drop since some miners will become unprofitable or will the price rise and then miners will find an equilibrium?

This halving will be completely different from the last halving and it will be interesting to see how will whole Bitcoin market react.
gotmilk_

Activity: 442

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 08:38:03 PM

This halving (and next next ones) will bring much bigger spike than previous one. Why? Because much more people will own bitcoin. We are still not even near mass adoption...  Wink
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 11:03:33 PM

so many people seem to have very unreasonable high price predictions due to the halving next year. demand must be there to go up significantly.
farting_shot

Activity: 318
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 11:15:18 PM

so many people seem to have very unreasonable high price predictions due to the halving next year. demand must be there to go up significantly.

It's called "mass delusion" caused by the siren songs sung by the bulltards, early adopters and whales. I'm willing to bet this won't happen due to too many people expecting it to happen. BTW, there's no demand for btc. Have you seen the buy volume lately? It's almost zero. No one wants to buy your crap coins no more. China men don't want to buy any more either. I pity you, a bag holder.
gotmilk_

Activity: 442

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 11:29:15 PM

It is not just halving but also % of all mined coins... Currently we are over 75% of all coins that will be ever mined.
Also it is estimated that 25-30% of all (currently) existing coins is already lost.
We are still in early ages of bitcoin more than 99% of all people on the earth never heard about bitcoin.

You do the math.
geofflosophy

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 12:28:26 AM

Hello,

Let's say before the having we will have a price of $250 for example, then the rally after the halving would put us at $2,500 and so on.

Is it right ?

I'm trying also to figure a mathematical equation where how will the price moves after halving, in theory.

Yes, my math agrees with yours, and it also predicts that we'll see $10k or very near it before the slide back to $2500.

But this is going to happen before the halving, I don't think the halving matters as it's already baked in.
futurebit640

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 12:34:00 AM

x10 is too high. We can assume if Bitcoin investment interest stays the same (meaning the same amount of dollar value is flowing into it) the price will double after the halving.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 12:56:25 PM

There should be a large mining efficiency raise before we start to see a major rally. Waiting for the future chip technology, but not quantum computing, it is far far from practical to do any sha256 related calculation

AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 01:39:33 PM

People will make the price go higher than the last ATH this time. This is a law in stocks: Once a psychological barrier is crossed twice (specially the iconic 1.000 USD one) everything is possible.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 04:18:47 AM

Yes, people are so focused on the supply side of Bitcoin, they tend to forget the demand side.
If demand declines then the effect of the drop in supply would be understated.

ashour

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 04:55:32 AM

Those are just speculations,  a 25x price increase seems too optimistic. After the halving of 2016 the price of bitcoin will definitely  rise since the supply will be cut by half.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:00:29 AM

Hello,

Is it right ?

it happened 1 time so far so you can not make a rule out of it.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 08:55:14 AM

Hello,

Is it right ?

I think it will go up, its hard to find a reason why it wouldnt push the price up, if we look at litecoin it can be a good measure.  Maybe we would have a spike before the halving even happens.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 09:32:52 AM

Hello,

Is it right ?

I think it will go up, its hard to find a reason why it wouldnt push the price up, if we look at litecoin it can be a good measure.  Maybe we would have a spike before the halving even happens.

Yes, the price will go up in anticipation of the halving. You can not be sure what will happen on that day.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 01:07:56 PM

Hello,

Is it right ?

i am looking forward to seeing how the market will react because of the upcoming block reward halving but to assume that it will be 10X afterwards is a wrong assumption.
but most definitely the price will go up because of it

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: