Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:01:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for BFL - "Little SCs" Jalapenos and Preorders  (Read 3090 times)
Bitcoin_Silver_Supply (OP)

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 05:07:18 PM

BFL, in light of the recent announcement of bumped specs and a new product prior to launch, I have a couple questions:

1) Is the "Little SC" going to be ready and shipped at launch on the same timeline as the original Jal/SC/Rig lineup?

2) If so, are you offering any "order upgrades" to folks, such as myself, who pre-ordered multiple jalapenos but would rather upgrade to a Little SC given Jal's performance bump being moderately lower?

3) Would such an upgrade impact one's place in pre-order shipments?

Many thanks in advance, and shame me with a link if this has already been answered elsewhere.
SLok

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 05:24:43 PM

Asked before, but not answered, yet.
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/showthread.php/27-Now-that-the-ASIC-s-specs-have-changed-can-we-upgrade-orders

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
SLok

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 12:56:07 PM

It's answered now!  Grin

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
squid

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 09:08:04 PM

It's answered now!  Grin

uh.. no?
SLok

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 09:15:22 PM

It is, check the link after "Asked before, but not answered, yet."

squid

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 09:29:20 PM

They mention you can switch your jalapeno order to a little sc but don't mention if the expected ship date is the same as the jalapeno.. Which really is the main question.
SLok

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 10:19:10 PM

They mention you can switch your jalapeno order to a little sc but don't mention if the expected ship date is the same as the jalapeno.. Which really is the main question.
They did.
Q: OK so does that mean the "Little Single" will be available at the same time the Jalapeno is available?
A bfl_josh:  Yes, they should all be available at the same time. We will have an order page up for the "little" single soon.

Someone posting after that mentions: Jody has said on her blog that no Little Singles will ship until all the orders are filled up to September 30th. Little clarity?

squid

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 10:21:35 PM

They did.
Q: OK so does that mean the "Little Single" will be available at the same time the Jalapeno is available?
A bfl_josh:  Yes, they should all be available at the same time. We will have an order page up for the "little" single soon.

Someone posting after that mentions: Jody has said on her blog that no Little Singles will ship until all the orders are filled up to September 30th. Little clarity?

lol you ass hat that was posted 30 minutes ago.. nice try being a smart ass.
YokoToriyama

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 10:27:04 PM

why did they even launch another product when the delay on shipping is already so big? i don't get it
SLok

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 10:42:07 PM

They did.

lol   anyhow, from the 1/3 shipping plan:
"Since the "Little" Single SC unit is a new product, not included in the first preorder phase, all SC orders up to and including orders placed on September 30th, 2012 will be assembled and shipped prior to shipping any NEW orders of the "Little" Single SC. UPGRADE orders will be shipping in the order received for your original order that you upgraded from, 1/2 for FIFO and 1/2 random from all orders."

squid

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 10:50:02 PM

They did.

lol   anyhow, from the 1/3 shipping plan:
"Since the "Little" Single SC unit is a new product, not included in the first preorder phase, all SC orders up to and including orders placed on September 30th, 2012 will be assembled and shipped prior to shipping any NEW orders of the "Little" Single SC. UPGRADE orders will be shipping in the order received for your original order that you upgraded from, 1/2 for FIFO and 1/2 random from all orders."

I find the timing of your responses quite interesting. Are you Inaba's new puppet account?
SLok

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 10:52:34 PM

uhhh, no, are you cabledespair's one?

squid

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 10:57:09 PM

At least I have some circumstantial evidence of you parroting Inaba's posts 10-15 min after he posts them on an external site (BFL's forums, 2 times in a row in fact) unlike your completely baseless claim.

SLok

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 11:06:34 PM

At least I have some circumstantial evidence of you parroting Inaba's posts 10-15 min after he posts them on an external site (BFL's forums, 2 times in a row in fact) unlike your completely baseless claim.

Pardon me, just happen to have 6 open tabs in the browser, so an open eye for a lot more. My complete baseless claim, says the guy with the advertisement sig.

squid

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 11:12:53 PM

Pardon me, just happen to have 6 open tabs in the browser, so an open eye for a lot more. My complete baseless claim, says the guy with the advertisement sig.

It's for a contest for free hardware. Expect to see a lot more of it.

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 02:37:47 PM

Thanks.

I have been emailing BFL on this and while it's true that one can "upgrade" a Jalapeno order for a Little SC, it seems that upgrading any orders under 4 Jals will reset one's place in the order queue.

For those such as myself who ordered a couple Jals early, this puts us between a rock and a hard place. Bumped specs for the Jal are seriously lagging those of the other models, yet to upgrade to a Little SC would put one at the very end of the massive pre-order list, thus killing the value of a pre-order with numerous alternatives available. I am currently asking about refunds given the sudden shift in specs and options.
SLok

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 05:15:28 PM

Thanks.

I have been emailing BFL on this and while it's true that one can "upgrade" a Jalapeno order for a Little SC, it seems that upgrading any orders under 4 Jals will reset one's place in the order queue.

For those such as myself who ordered a couple Jals early, this puts us between a rock and a hard place. Bumped specs for the Jal are seriously lagging those of the other models, yet to upgrade to a Little SC would put one at the very end of the massive pre-order list, thus killing the value of a pre-order with numerous alternatives available. I am currently asking about refunds given the sudden shift in specs and options.
Too bad, but wait another day or so, unless you are in a hurry to order elsewhere. I had a 4 Jalapeno and a 2 Jalapeno order, was able to update the 4 J's to a little single and keep the August order date, and leave the 2 J. order intact, but while waiting for the exact amount for shipping internationally for the Little Single, BFL changed the update policy a bit, into my favor. May be into yours too, if you had multiple machines on order? How many J's were ordered by you?

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 05:52:54 PM

I just had 2 Jalapenos ordered, ordered within the first week. I was perfectly happy with that order until the spec jump left Jals a tad in the dust, and would now prefer to pay extra for a Little SC, but don't want to get shoved to the back of the line for such as said.

To be clear, you could upgrade your 4 Jals to a Little SC but the 2 Jals were left as Jals, right? They told me 4 Jals was the minimum for an upgrade not effecting the order queue.
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 05:55:01 PM

I just had 2 Jalapenos ordered, ordered within the first week. I was perfectly happy with that order until the spec jump left Jals a tad in the dust, and would now prefer to pay extra for a Little SC, but don't want to get shoved to the back of the line for such as said.

To be clear, you could upgrade your 4 Jals to a Little SC but the 2 Jals were left as Jals, right? They told me 4 Jals was the minimum for an upgrade not effecting the order queue.

Im in the same boat as you.  I ordered 3 Jals one the first or second day they were available... now I feel a bit screwed.
BobbyJo

Activity: 358

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 07:39:17 PM

I am in a worse position.  I have 2 orders for multiple Jalepeneos, approx 4 weeks apart.  They wont confirm which order date will be valid, whether my unit will ship in line with the others etc etc.

I am assuming that as a new product, they have relatively few orders for the mini single yet (its not even on the website)!  But thats an assumption.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: