Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:39:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How many bitcoins do you have?
<10 - 158 (31.2%)
>=10 - 112 (22.1%)
>=100 - 126 (24.9%)
>=1,000 - 63 (12.4%)
>=10,000 - 15 (3%)
>=100,000 - 33 (6.5%)
Total Voters: 506

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many bitcoins do you have?  (Read 13410 times)
mb300sd (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2012, 12:12:34 AM

Just seeing how many whales we have on the forums. I can't see who votes what, so no reason to hide Wink

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 12:17:11 PM

Of course such polls are of questionable value anyway.  Who's more likely to vote at all?  People with more BTC or less?  Or something more in the "middle"?

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 12:20:44 PM

Exactly.  It's like a dick size contest where you measure yourself.  Grin

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
Kitemike

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2012, 12:56:35 PM

It's just like everything else, more than 90% of the wealth is held by less than 10% of the people (and I'm in the wrong 10%).

Desolator

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 01:06:59 PM

Exactly.  It's like a dick size contest where you measure yourself.  Grin
So it's inaccurate but not nearly as gay? Lol, I guess that's true.
Btw I own a whopping 0.08 BTC atm :-D but that will change soon.  Also, I did have 41 at one point.
chorchonga

Activity: 65

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 06:56:24 PM

Less than two but more than one!

Buy vinyl decals with Bitcoin: http://www.azurerocket.com
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 08:01:34 PM

It's just like everything else, more than 90% of the wealth is held by less than 10% of the people (and I'm in the wrong 10%).
Ah, but as more people use bitcoin they will be spread thinner.  Someday, perhaps, the standard unit will be a Satoshi instead of a bitcoin.  Perhaps pizza will cost 5,000 Satoshi, and the average person will hold about 1,000,000 Satoshi (about 0.01 BTC).  When there are that many people using it and it is spread that thin (assuming that you haven't lost/spent the BTC that you have right now), you will be in the top 10% and will have significant wealth.  You just have to wait for bitcoin to gain enough popularity ;-)
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 08:46:56 PM

Ah, but as more people use bitcoin they will be spread thinner.  Someday, perhaps, the standard unit will be a Satoshi instead of a bitcoin.  Perhaps pizza will cost 5,000 Satoshi, and the average person will hold about 1,000,000 Satoshi (about 0.01 BTC).  When there are that many people using it and it is spread that thin (assuming that you haven't lost/spent the BTC that you have right now), you will be in the top 10% and will have significant wealth.  You just have to wait for bitcoin to gain enough popularity ;-)

That's an interesting thought.  At what point in the life cycle (in other words market price) of Bitcoin does the Satoshi or for that matter the mbit become the standard?  Average Joe Blow out there doesn't like dealing with numbers that have more than two decimal points. 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 09:03:25 PM

Exactly.  It's like a dick size contest where you measure yourself.  Grin
So it's inaccurate but not nearly as gay? Lol, I guess that's true.
Btw I own a whopping 0.08 BTC atm :-D but that will change soon.  Also, I did have 41 at one point.

I did this at Uni once and well.. the girl measuring was hot as fuck... I'm sure that helped me win...

claire

Activity: 98

Capitalism rocks my world.

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 09:14:26 PM

I spend mine when they come in. And that "90% of the wealth" comment... OMG go figure out how to make your own bitcoin. geesh.

I Love Bitcoin Smiley 1A5jmQcmZamhTeHaEZvtMEpoqrH2SECcxk
Phone Domination 888-221-0319
kibblesnbits

Activity: 557

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 10:04:43 PM

Then develop "CommieCoin"!  Coins are distributed from each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs.

Mining operators making over a certain amount would be taxed at say, 75% (vive Le France).  These coins would be sent to an elected Parliment (maybe you!) where they can be equally distributed among the needy.

After the Parliment's overhead costs, of course. 

Sign me up, comrade!

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
Desolator

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 10:51:43 PM

oh hell no!  lol.  Okay, not completely.  I'm just saying, most investors move things around and keep like 5% gold in their portfolio and do graduated risk level segments and all that crap and think they're so clever.  What they forget to do is also sell off some of their non-USD assets and pocket it as the price goes up.  You can always re-buy.  It's not really hedging your portfolio if all you do is watch the numbers go up without doing anything about it.  If the economy tanks, kiss almost every category goodbye somewhat evenly, lol.

If I had 10,000 BTC, 1,000 of them would have been sold as soon as it stabilized at $12 for a week or two.  At $13, I'd sell another 500 and probably 250 more at every dollar raise that stays level for a week or more.  Nobody knows what's really going to happen at the 25 BTC split and when ASICs come out but there are strong arugements each way.  That's why I'd have half my BTC off the market by then just in case.  If it goes up, you win, just slightly less.  If it goes down, you also win because you pulled half of them early at a high price.
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 02:26:16 AM

I sold a bunch at $18 a piece and kept the rest. If Bitcoin crashes, I won't feel like I missed out on the cash...I kept a bunch as well, so if Bitcoin takes off, I won't be upset for having sold out. I got mine for basically nothing...back when CPU mining was possible, even on a laptop. 

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
BrannigansLaw

Activity: 603

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 06:30:17 PM

I own 0.0119% of the entire bitcoin currency. Shit yeah.
tonto

Activity: 609

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 08:15:57 PM

OAT HAY!?!!
meebs

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 01:34:03 AM

you are the .01%!

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
           ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
        ▄██████▀▀             ▀▀██████▄
      ▄█████▀▀                    ▀▀█████▄
     █████▀                          ▀█████
    ████▀          ▄▄███████▄▄         ▀████
   ████▌        ▄██▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄        ▐████
  ████▌       ▄██▀            ▀██▄       ▐████
 ▐████       ██▀   ▄▄█▀▀▀█▄▄    ▀██       ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▀  ▄▄   ▀▀             ▐████
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
▐████       ██  ▐█  ▐█                     ████▌
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▄  ▀▀   ▄▄    ██▀      ▐████
 ▐████       ██▄   ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀    ██▌       ████▌
  █████       ▀██▄            ▄██▀       █████
   █████        ▀██▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██▀        █████
    █████          ▀▀███████▀▀         █████
     █████▄                          ▄█████
      ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄             ▄▄██████▀
           ▀████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DECENTRALISING PRODUCTION, LOGISTICS AND PAYMENT 
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   3D SERVICE      32 BAY     GCC WEBWALLET
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 03:46:34 AM

you are the .01%!
1%. Have to start somewhere.
pretendo

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 07:19:20 AM

We have 14 people with over a million dollars worth of bitcoins?
The_Duke

Activity: 252

Lead Core BitKitty Developer

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 08:35:41 AM

We have 14 people with over a million dollars worth of bitcoins?

I thought TBF only had like 6 people on the board? Even if they all got to vote twice, that still wouldn't add up! Tongue

NOT a member of the so called ''Bitcoin Foundation''. Choose Independence!

Donate to the BitKitty Foundation instead! -> 1Fd4yLneGmxRHnPi6WCMC2hAMzaWvDePF9 <-
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 01:51:36 PM

Good observation, this is always the case, even if you distribute the coin very evenly from the beginning, at the end some people will end up with more and more coins and some people will even have a debt, the income/spending habit is different for each person, seems that we can not really do a lot about it, just ensure the poorest people have a decent life maybe

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: